Is my charging port busted?

krystiangala

Aug 20, 2017
Visit site
Hi, yesterday i have accidentaly submerged my phone(s6 edge) in some water quickly got it out and dried it. I noticed that the home button and power button became unresponsive, forced restart worked so power button must have worked after few restart both buttons worked.

Next i tried charging it, firstly it worked fine, after a few seconds i touched the charger and it was really really hot, so i decided to see the sim waterdamage indicator since it was white and the phone it self worked fine so i didn't think much of it, i took the sim out and let it dry.

Next morning i tried to turn on and every thing worked except when i tried to charge it, nothing happened the chagred it self worked since i tried it on other phones and tried to charge my phone with other chargers nothing. i have stuck it in some rice and i am currently waiting hoping for the best

Is it still possible to save the charging point or will I have to get it fixed.

Thanks

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central. Rice should have been the first action. Once water hits powered contacts and shorts them out you don't have much recourse. Let the rice go for a couple days and see what happens.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000