Hey Android Central,

I'm having currently some issues with my display of my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge which started after having it with me for a run. I put the phone in the bathroom while taking a shower and i don't really know what the issue of my problem with the display is. It could be from running/ shaking the phone, from having it in the bath after taking a shower which means that moist could have gotten into the device or some other explaination which i can't figure out.

When i turn the display on, it sometimes flashes first white and then works as usual. After some second it starts to get som pinkish or greenish stains on the display BUT not on the same spot as when i slide up and down for example. Which means it isn't really happening "hardcoded" on the display but somehow happens on the software side of things. That is why i was going into recoverymode and into flash mode and all these outside of android existing levels to check if it is android which somehow corrupted but it wasn't cause the same problems appaird there too.

I now desampled the whole phone into it's parts and let them dry in rice for 2 days and put the phone together now (because i don't got any warrenty either way). That didn't help alot.

These stains and paterns disappear again though after having the display turn off for some minutes. But then after some time they get more and more noticable when using the phone and it's display.

Can someone help me with this issue?

Best Regards!
    09-12-2017 02:37 PM
    Drying a wet phone in rice has destroyed moire phones than any garbage crusher. See Oh, no! My Phone got Wet!. (If that was the problem, moisture, it's probably too late by now to save it. Rice only absorbs the water - that concentrates all the minerals, some of which destroy the phone - even faster when they're concentrated.)
    09-13-2017 01:33 PM