Galaxy S6 USB tethering problem in Windows 10

bonscottmc

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm currently using my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge to connect my computer to the internet via USB tethering, but I'm constantly having trouble with it. It seems to drop out after a certain time, and anything to do with network settings in Windows etc will freeze up and I'll have to restart my computer (which also freezes up at times). I've noticed it happens more so when I'm trying to download larger files or playing online video games.

The only way I can get a constant connection is by using something like PdaNet+, but that makes my connection horribly laggy when playing games.

I've seen solutions suggesting to change the Samsung Network Adapter driver to certain Microsoft drivers (Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device, Remote NDIS Compatible Device, or USB RNDIS6) none of
which have worked for me.

I'm guessing this is more of a Windows problem, but it still has to do with my phone so I hope it's ok to post here.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If your computer itself freezes up at times, I'd fix that first - you can't tell which is causing the freezing, the computer or tethering.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol