Phone won't charge after using power bank

ispyce

Nov 2, 2017
Visit site
I have Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, and I just recently purchased a power bank for my phone. I used the bank tonight to charge my phone, but it didn't charge it fully. When I got home, I plugged my phone into it's usual wall charger (the same charger that came with my phone), and now my phone won't charge at all. It was working fine this morning, and worked for about 5 minutes after getting home, but then it just stopped. My battery got to about 76%, then I tried rebooting my phone and when it booted back up, it had dropped to 61%. The outlet I have it plugged into works fine, and my charger isn't that old (sorry- it's not the same one that came with my phone, but it is the same kind of cord... a white samsung fast charging power cable).

Has anybody else ever experienced this? It has happened before, and I had to drain my battery and couldn't use my phone for a week- it just wouldn't charge. I was ready to get a new phone when one day I woke up and it was fully charged after leaving it plugged in for several days. I figured maybe it was an issue with that particular power bank. Now I'm trying a different bank and starting to experience the same issues. I'm also trying to charge using different cables plugged into the wall, into my computer... my laptop doesn't even recognoze that my phone is attached when I plug it into the usb port. Nothing is working. Are S6 edges not compatible with power banks? It is seeming that using the power banks is screwing up my phone's ability to charge.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I have Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, and I just recently purchased a power bank for my phone. I used the bank tonight to charge my phone, but it didn't charge it fully. When I got home, I plugged my phone into it's usual wall charger (the same charger that came with my phone), and now my phone won't charge at all. It was working fine this morning, and worked for about 5 minutes after getting home, but then it just stopped. My battery got to about 76%, then I tried rebooting my phone and when it booted back up, it had dropped to 61%. The outlet I have it plugged into works fine, and my charger isn't that old (sorry- it's not the same one that came with my phone, but it is the same kind of cord... a white samsung fast charging power cable).

Has anybody else ever experienced this? It has happened before, and I had to drain my battery and couldn't use my phone for a week- it just wouldn't charge. I was ready to get a new phone when one day I woke up and it was fully charged after leaving it plugged in for several days. I figured maybe it was an issue with that particular power bank. Now I'm trying a different bank and starting to experience the same issues. I'm also trying to charge using different cables plugged into the wall, into my computer... my laptop doesn't even recognoze that my phone is attached when I plug it into the usb port. Nothing is working. Are S6 edges not compatible with power banks? It is seeming that using the power banks is screwing up my phone's ability to charge.

There is one thing you left out. Where did you get the power bank? Is it a reputable name? Or is this a low end China ebay purchase? It's very possible the power bank caused the issue if it's of low quality, it's possible that it's caused an issue.

ispyce

Nov 2, 2017
Visit site
There is one thing you left out. Where did you get the power bank? Is it a reputable name? Or is this a low end China ebay purchase? It's very possible the power bank caused the issue if it's of low quality, it's possible that it's caused an issue.

I purchsed it off Amazon. I researched different banks and this one had excellent reviews- 4.5 out of 5 stars based on more than 4300 reviews. It was on the cheaper end- around $11, but for the price it seemed like a worthwhile purchse rathen than shelling out $30-$50 for the larger power banks.

This what I purchased... https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00ZZYBAI2/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89