Why does my screen turn off while playing games?

Eric Fang

Jun 23, 2018
Visit site
So i recently got an s6 from a friend and while its kinda weird to get used to one major problem is that my screen seems to turn off after it reaches the timeout limit even when im playing games. For example, whenever im playing a btd game and want to leave it on idle, itll still turn off the screen. This has never been a problem with any other phone ive had, whether it be android or ios so im wondering if theres anything that can be done to fix it?

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! By "btd," I assume you mean Bloons Tower Defense, correct? Do all games do this, or only certain ones? Are these standalone apps, or are you playing them on your browser? Any power-saving modes turned on?

Eric Fang

Jun 23, 2018
Visit site
yes i meant bloons tower defense and yea it seems to happen anytime except when im watching videos.
i am playing the game on standalone apps and im positive i have no power saving modes on.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
That's normal behavior, which you actually want if you don't want screen burn in. All Samsung phones I've used over the past 8 years do that. If the game has a keep screen on setting, use that. Or use an app like Llama or Tasker to keep screen on when playing games.

Eric Fang

Jun 23, 2018
Visit site
Can you try Game Tuner? https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS6/comments/4ktt3u/s6_marshmallow_game_mode/. Not sure if that has a setting to ignore the screen timeout setting.
ok i will try that
Can you confirm that those games don't timeout the screen on other devices?

That's normal behavior, which you actually want if you don't want screen burn in. All Samsung phones I've used over the past 8 years do that. If the game has a keep screen on setting, use that. Or use an app like Llama or Tasker to keep screen on when playing games.
hmm i used to have an s3 and im positive it didnt do that, although i got it from my dad who got it from china and it was pretty wonky so that mightve been why
also thanks for the suggestions

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
hmm i used to have an s3 and im positive it didnt do that, although i got it from my dad who got it from china and it was pretty wonky so that mightve been why
also thanks for the suggestions

My Galaxy S3 is still alive and charging right now and it behaves that way in games. The screen turns off when timeout period is reached.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
There are definitely games that can keep the screen awake, though. I play a lot of Pinball Arcade from Farsight Studios, and if I pause it, the screen will stay on indefinitely on my Pixel 2 XL and Pixel C. So it might also be an issue with how the game is coded.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay