Hi, my s6 edge battery is aweful, i can get only 1 hr of screen on time during the day, with android os and device idle taking majority of my batter life, i have no other apps that drain my battery, not using mobile data.
    Here is my battery usage:
    10% Android OS
    9% Device Idle
    4% Screen on
    3% Samsung music.
    I mean what is android os and device idle doing in the background? Playing with each other!?
    Also i have wifi of, bluetooth on gps off, sync and other features off.
    10-27-2018 03:10 PM
    Device idle is "everything else". AndroidOS is Android running - even if the phone isn't doing anything, just sitting on the home screen, Android is running.

Have you been running the battery down below 40%? 3.5 years of that is enough to kill the battery about 5 times. Kill - as in totally, wopn't take a charge, dead.
    10-27-2018 11:19 PM
    Device idle is "everything else". AndroidOS is Android running - even if the phone isn't doing anything, just sitting on the home screen, Android is running.

Have you been running the battery down below 40%? 3.5 years of that is enough to kill the battery about 5 times. Kill - as in totally, wopn't take a charge, dead.
    Yes the phone is old, but I replaced the battery only 4 months ago, and i never let my phone reach below 40%.
    Let me say another scenario, if I played a youtube video, it could play for around 3.5 hrs on wifi, but the thing is the standby time is aweful, I don't use my phone in the morning that much, and if I wake up with 100%, just 30 min of screen on time, at 3 pm it is at 40%, with the above mentioned idle and OS taking the majority of the battery life.
    10-29-2018 03:37 PM