Lately, when I use Android/waze, the phone screen doesn’t keep the app on screen. My screen shuts down while driving, and my nav apps minimize. I can’t fix these apps while I’m driving.

What is going on?
    07-29-2019 10:26 AM
    If you plug the phone into power, does the same thing happen? If so, that's a Waze design problem, and you should probably email Waze at support@waze.com and ask them to modify the app to stay full screen when power is connected. (And you should change your Settings to keep the screen on when power is connected).

If not, you have to keep the phone plugged in when you use Waze, whether it needs to be charged or not. (Or you can use Tasker [IFTTT may also be able to do it, if you don't want to spend any money ($3) - I don't know, I use Tasker] to keep the screen on if Waze (or any of a few other apps) is the foreground app.)
    07-29-2019 02:47 PM
    Thanks for the heads up.

I always use it while my phone charges.

At first, I thought it was because Android Auto had conflicts with having both Waze and Google Maps installed. This thought crossed my mind when it first occurred.

If I remember correctly, I had plugged the phone into the charger when the phone was dying at 10% or less. While I usually use Waze for accurate ETA and quicker routes, I turned to Google Navigation... and the Google app wouldn’t stay on as well. If remember correctly, I think the phone was switching between Waze and the Google app.

For the longest time, I believed I had malware.

And I still believe that might be the case, even though I have a few security apps installed.
    07-29-2019 10:44 PM