soft reset fixed for 1 second then it bricked again immediately

wildyellow

Sep 8, 2019
Visit site
My samsung s6 edge was unresponsive (won't power on, no charging screen when plugged in) so I tried the soft reset (power button + volume down) and the samsung logo came on for a brief moment and it went black again. I then plugged it in and it showed the charging screen with the battery at 0%.

Then I unplugged the charger from the wall outlet to move it to a different more conveniently placed outlet but when I plugged it in again there was no charging screen. I went back to the initial outlet but the phone is still unresponsive. I have tried both the soft and hard reset button combos and the screen remains blank.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Let it charge undisturbed for at least 6 hours, then try powering on again. If this persists, then the battery is probably failing.

wildyellow

Sep 8, 2019
Visit site
*update*

I waited 6 hours and nothing happened so I ordered a new battery, I kept it plugged in though and then over 24 hours later I tried doing the soft reset again and this time it flickered on and I got the charging screen showing 0% battery. It seems to work fine now and hold a charge decently but I guess I'll have a spare battery if/when it poops out.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Good to hear! Although be aware that the replacement battery you ordered probably won't act like a "fresh" battery that was just manufactured yesterday. It's likely been sitting on a shelf for almost as long as the phone itself has been available, which can lead to steady deterioration.