HELP. Dead Android and Yellow Triangle Exclamation Mark?

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
Purchased a Galaxy S6 from craigslist. I know BIG MISTAKE. Everything was working great, then I noticed the battery was draining really quick. I tried update the software and I get a dead android with yellow triangle. Everything works fine, battery last for about 6 hours with heavy use. What to do?

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
More than likely you won't be able to get into recovery, but try holding volume up + home + power together to boot into recovery. If you can, do a factory reset but I'm 99% sure that won't work.

If it doesn't, go to the Unrooting / ODIN Section and follow the steps to flash your phone back to 100% stock.

Posted via the Android Central App

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
my screen on my galaxy s6 has just gone blank it all black

Is your LED light blinking and displaying any colors?

Does your phone still feel responsive even tho the screen is black? (Ie: holding the power button, does it vibrate like the power menu pops up or turning volume all the way up or down makes any noises and or vibrates)

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
Ok this morning I did the "Unroot/Odin" I did everything correct. The phone started clean and fresh like day one. Unfortunately did not solve the problem. I tried updating the software on the S6. Once the update is downloaded the phone restarts and I get the dead android with yellow triangle still. The phone does restart but I get Software Update Error Message and prompts me to report it to Samsung. I don't think I have "Unrooted" the phone. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Ok this morning I did the "Unroot/Odin" I did everything correct. The phone started clean and fresh like day one. Unfortunately did not solve the problem. I tried updating the software on the S6. Once the update is downloaded the phone restarts and I get the dead android with yellow triangle still. The phone does restart but I get Software Update Error Message and prompts me to report it to Samsung. I don't think I have "Unrooted" the phone. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

So can you use your phone now? Or is it stuck at the screen with the yellow triangle?

Btw that process is to reflash your phone. Unless you have rooted your phone, you didn't Unroot your device. Just reinstalled firmware.

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
The phone is working fine. I only get the dead android and yellow triangle when the phone restarts after downloading the update. The phone restarts and works fine.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Power off your device. Boot into download mode (volume down + home + power) hit volume up to continue. Make sure current binary says Samsung official and system says official. Make sure nothing says custom Also note if the Knox counter has been tripped on that screen.

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
Here is what it says
ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SW-G920W8
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Official
REACTIVATION LOCK: OFF
Secure Download: Enabled
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0 (0x0000)
RP SWREV: 1
Kernal RP SWREV: 1

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I think it was for unrooting. He was not wiling to help, just wanted the money. I thought I try it myself and save some money

Do not pay for that. He would be doing the same thing you already have done with Odin. The exact same thing.

Have you been on the same network every time you have tried to download and install the update? It seems the file that's being downloaded is being corrupted some how and failing to install. Have you tried calling your carrier to see if this is network wide problem?

Try a different WiFi to download the update on maybe?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante