URGENT !! HELP!!! ADB file pulling

CL-30

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
To start off, I suffered, what seems to be a common problem, of the fingerprint unlock on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge randomly being unable to recognise my fingerprint. Followed by my back-up password not being accepted. Unfortunately, I turned off my data and wifi before the phone locked so the problem doesn't seem to be able to resolve itself unless I Factory Reset the phone.

This i am happy to do as long as I can find some way to retrieve the media files from the phone (just pictures and videos). I read up and watched some videos where some people were able to use ADB through Recovery Mode or Field Test mode, and pull the files from the phone. These people however were using older models of Android phones but I decided to read numerous pages etc and go ahead and try.

I set up everything (I believe) i needed on my Mac Book pro in order to use the Adb Terminal. However when I tried to connect my phone Adb couldn't detect my device. I then decided (after reading somewhere to do so) to press "Apply update using ADB" on the Recovery menu. Again, Adb did not detect my device.

i left this screen up on my phone which resulted in "dm-verity verification failed..." appearing at the bottom of the screen. It then switched back to the Recovery menu and continues to show "dm-verity verification failed..." at the base of the screen. Now when I try and power up the phone normally, the start up screen just repeatedly flashes and it goes no further than that.

Im not completely brain dead when it comes to this stuff but I obviously don't fully understand what I am doing, So Im wondering if there is a genius out there who, even after what I've done, can help me pull the files from my phone before I have to Factory Reset!

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like it tried to flash an update that wasn't there and has soft bricked your device into a bootloop. Unfortunately, your data has been lost if you didn't have anything auto sync'ing.

To get the phone up and operational again, follow this guide under the Odin tab to flash back to stock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk