Phone displays wrong amount of storage after flash

Nssas

Mar 19, 2017
Visit site
Okay, so here I am. After a lot of trouble and frustration with my phone I got it working again. Everything seemed alright until I noticed: my phone (samsung galaxy s6 G920F) said I just had 1.4Gb of free storage and I was like "..." at first I thought it said 14Gb. My phone is a 32Gb model but now under "device maintenance" it says it has only 16Gb total storage.

Now how I got here.
A while back I rooted my phone (on Android 6) using a custom kernel(Space-X I think) and flashed twrp onto it. Everything was fine and worked like it should have. UNTIL android 7 was released. My friend uses a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and after I updated it for her I fell in love with android 7. So I figured lemme just update it but ofcourse since it was rooted and had twrp on it that was a very very very bad choice. It(Samsung Smart Switch update) got stuck at 93 percent everytime. So I thought I would use emergency fix or something. Same thing. My gs 6 would not boot up anymore (it displayed an error message saying the firmware was f'ed up basically and I needed to use smart switch) so I thought: "****".

I tried to use their live chat but (ofcourse) the service was offline for maintenance....
I tried flashing android 6 on it(it would still go into download mode, thank god).
Failed (Odin failed at cm.bin).
This frustrated me after about 6 hours of trial and (mainly) error.
So I thought since this thing was so messed up let me just flash Space-X kernel thingy onto it again. Worked! And the phone displayed the boot up display and wouldn't do anything else. I thought "well at least some sort of progress, but useless". So after so many fails I decided to bring it to a local shop and ask what they could do. I had to wait 3 days because the fixer-upper man wasn't there. After he came and I got back to the shop to pick it up. They told me "the mobo(mother-board) is broken so you could send it back to samsung but that would be so expensive you could as well buy a new one. I said to myself "the motherboard is not broken, I know this.". I did not try to pick a fight with them though because they were very friendly and because they could not help me, did not charge me anything. I went back home. Downloaded android 7.0 for Samsung Galaxy S6 G920F UK Vodafone (I was pretty sure this phone was imported from the UK) from sammobile. Booted up Odin, phone into download mode aaaaaaaaaaand the flash was a succes! So after 20 minutes of tension the phone gave the firsft signs of life, I was like "h*ll yeah!".
The phone worked like a charm though I had lost a lot of data(backed up most important stuff so don't worry). Up until now I did not notice anything weird except 1 random reboot.
Then I went to device maintenance and it said the phone only has 16Gb total storage, I was like "for crying out loud!...". The phone has 32Gb total storage, it always has. Since Samsung thought it was an amazing idea to completely boycott micro-sd(for the gs6) this is very annoying.
I have no idea what to do next (I tried downloading clean master and it said only 9.6Gb available and 1.4 free blablabla, basically 16Gb model).

I know my question is waaaay to long but if any of you know how to fix this, please help. I would really appreciate it.

Just to sum it all up:
Update -> failed
Emergency fix -> failed
Odin -> failed
Few bad flashes
Samung live chat -> offline (ofcourse)
Shop -> failed
Odin (last chance) -> Succes!
Now phone says it has a total of 16Gb storage but actually it has 32Gb, how to fix?

Best regards, Nssas

(Sorry if my english is bad or not-understandable, I am not a native english-speaker. If anything is unclear just ask :D)

lucianus_luciferus

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
have you tried a factory reset?
most likely the storage got split into two 16gb partitions but only one is in use.
odin has an option to reformat or repartition or something like that but i don't know if reflashing with that option enabled will work or brick it even worst.

install this app

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...details?id=jackpal.androidterm&token=r9SiG3qw

open it and at the command prompt type df and press enter

then show us the result of that command

Spikey James

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
have you tried a factory reset?
most likely the storage got split into two 16gb partitions but only one is in use.
odin has an option to reformat or repartition or something like that but i don't know if reflashing with that option enabled will work or brick it even worst.

install this app

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jackpal.androidterm

open it and at the command prompt type df and press enter

then show us the result of that command

I seem to have the same issue but however when I look at say the likes of AirDroid it shows the full amount there same with the file manager but in the setting of the phone it shows half Im not sure witch one to believe tbh

Screenshot_2018-03-06-13-31-01.jpg
8d2dcd92f6e1dc5a93f70d6c388769c3.png
Screenshot_20180307-083519.jpg

Abhishek GS

Dec 29, 2018
Visit site
I think this might be helpfull

Okay, so here I am. After a lot of trouble and frustration with my phone I got it working again. Everything seemed alright until I noticed: my phone (samsung galaxy s6 G920F) said I just had 1.4Gb of free storage and I was like "..." at first I thought it said 14Gb. My phone is a 32Gb model but now under "device maintenance" it says it has only 16Gb total storage.

Now how I got here.
A while back I rooted my phone (on Android 6) using a custom kernel(Space-X I think) and flashed twrp onto it. Everything was fine and worked like it should have. UNTIL android 7 was released. My friend uses a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and after I updated it for her I fell in love with android 7. So I figured lemme just update it but ofcourse since it was rooted and had twrp on it that was a very very very bad choice. It(Samsung Smart Switch update) got stuck at 93 percent everytime. So I thought I would use emergency fix or something. Same thing. My gs 6 would not boot up anymore (it displayed an error message saying the firmware was f'ed up basically and I needed to use smart switch) so I thought: "****".

I tried to use their live chat but (ofcourse) the service was offline for maintenance....
I tried flashing android 6 on it(it would still go into download mode, thank god).
Failed (Odin failed at cm.bin).
This frustrated me after about 6 hours of trial and (mainly) error.
So I thought since this thing was so messed up let me just flash Space-X kernel thingy onto it again. Worked! And the phone displayed the boot up display and wouldn't do anything else. I thought "well at least some sort of progress, but useless". So after so many fails I decided to bring it to a local shop and ask what they could do. I had to wait 3 days because the fixer-upper man wasn't there. After he came and I got back to the shop to pick it up. They told me "the mobo(mother-board) is broken so you could send it back to samsung but that would be so expensive you could as well buy a new one. I said to myself "the motherboard is not broken, I know this.". I did not try to pick a fight with them though because they were very friendly and because they could not help me, did not charge me anything. I went back home. Downloaded android 7.0 for Samsung Galaxy S6 G920F UK Vodafone (I was pretty sure this phone was imported from the UK) from sammobile. Booted up Odin, phone into download mode aaaaaaaaaaand the flash was a succes! So after 20 minutes of tension the phone gave the firsft signs of life, I was like "h*ll yeah!".
The phone worked like a charm though I had lost a lot of data(backed up most important stuff so don't worry). Up until now I did not notice anything weird except 1 random reboot.
Then I went to device maintenance and it said the phone only has 16Gb total storage, I was like "for crying out loud!...". The phone has 32Gb total storage, it always has. Since Samsung thought it was an amazing idea to completely boycott micro-sd(for the gs6) this is very annoying.
I have no idea what to do next (I tried downloading clean master and it said only 9.6Gb available and 1.4 free blablabla, basically 16Gb model).

I know my question is waaaay to long but if any of you know how to fix this, please help. I would really appreciate it.

Just to sum it all up:
Update -> failed
Emergency fix -> failed
Odin -> failed
Few bad flashes
Samung live chat -> offline (ofcourse)
Shop -> failed
Odin (last chance) -> Succes!
Now phone says it has a total of 16Gb storage but actually it has 32Gb, how to fix?

Best regards, Nssas

(Sorry if my english is bad or not-understandable, I am not a native english-speaker. If anything is unclear just ask :D)

I have similar issue in my samsung galaxy J1 4G(SM-120G) .After stock rom flash using odin internal memory almost full.wiping cache in TWRP not helped,at last i found solution

How to Fix Incorrect Storage Capacity of 16GB instead of 32GB or 64GB

1.Boot into TWRP recovery.

2.Select Wipe » Advanced Wipe.

3.Tick/check the Data partition.

4.Select Repair or Change File System button.

5.And lastly select Resize File System button.

Let TWRP resize your file system. It might take some time, have patience.
Once resizing is done, reboot your device. From TWRP main screen, select Reboot » System.

LukaszSzpak

Mar 8, 2019
Visit site
Re: I think this might be helpfull

I have similar issue in my samsung galaxy J1 4G(SM-120G) .After stock rom flash using odin internal memory almost full.wiping cache in TWRP not helped,at last i found solution

Once resizing is done, reboot your device. From TWRP main screen, select Reboot » System.

This one was amazing it has failed with error 4.
What I did was flash stock firmware with pit file g925f_eur_zerolte.pit and tried it again now I have full capacity again

Thanks

Green Li

Oct 5, 2019
Visit site
Re: I think this might be helpfull

Thank you so much!! You the real MVP, I almost gave up but then I found this. bless you!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2