The future device

MPHPhilly

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I went from Galaxy Nexus to GS5, so this is my first time (since early phones) with a physical home button (which I thought I'd hate, and I do). But I am 100% satisfied with installing any one of the many gesture apps that I set only as a swipe up from bottom to go home. And it works perfectly. In the month since I've had the GS5, I've used the physical home button like literally twice.

yyyy2999

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
After having the phone for a week or so, I have a few things I wish they'd implement.

1- Get rid of the heart rate sensor and use a dual color flash.
2- More customizable launcher...seriously you can't even change the app drawer placement, Wtf?
3- Metal bezel
4- Camera with bigger sensor, resolution is fine, but a bigger sensor will produce better images in low light and better depth of field
5- 3200+mAh battery
6- don't up the resolution of the display, completely unnecessary and drains battery

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Better materials, no more AMOLED screen (sucks in sunlight), enough with the ridiculous bloat of TouchWiz, on screen buttons, less bezel.

Guess I don't need to wait for Samsung to finally get it right with the S6. The right design will be out with the G3 next month :)

Posted via Android Central App

Th Galaxy S5 was rated the best smartphone screen..... EVER. I'm definitely with AMOLED. Plus the fact a decent amount of apps have a "dark" mode which saves a ton of battery. I can see my S5 perfectly outside in the bright sun.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I completely agree with you. I am waiting for the Note 4 in early September.

Haha, I know right? I have an S5 now but if the Note 4 comes out with a better build quality + Qi Charging I'm all in. I love my S5 but the Wireless Charging Cover is creaky as hell and I've tried multiple covers. :(

Yes, I do go nuts over this. I didn't expect this considering my Note 3 had zero creaks lol.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
1) Dump the fingerprint scanner.
2) Radically upgrade camera MP both FFC/RFC and ability to handle low light conditions.
3) Slim down and refine TouchWiz and have ability to remove bloatware from carriers as needed.
4) Boost RAM to 4gb and chipset to warp speed. Latest Snapdragon or 64 bit processor.
5) 32gb/64gb models with expansion up to 128gb micro sdxc card.
6) Store and run apps from micro sd card.
7) Maintain water, dust resistant capabilities without a plastic back cover.
8) Latest Gorilla Glass or sapphire screen at no larger than 5.2 inches super Amoled display.
9) Capture full HD and 4k video in low light conditions with insanely high fps.
10) Drastically improve stock Web browser and email app.
11) Tweak OS to maximize battery performance with a battery no larger than 2800 mAh.
12) Keep it super slim and with decent bezels that still maximize screen real estate without increasing length and width.

Posted via my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have.... It's the same

No, not by a long shot. Motorola does cellular antennas like no other company can. There's times when someone will have no signal on a Samsung and STILL hold a decent signal on the Motorola. Don't believe me? Google it, check all over these forums, whatever. Its out there. The information given isn't based off silly bars either but rather actual dBm numbers and the ABILITY to make calls/not miss calls.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
No, not by a long shot. Motorola does cellular antennas like no other company can. There's times when someone will have no signal on a Samsung and STILL hold a decent signal on the Motorola. Don't believe me? Google it, check all over these forums, whatever. Its out there. The information given isn't based off silly bars either but rather actual dBm numbers and the ABILITY to make calls/not miss calls.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)
Once again I have noticed ZERO difference between a moto x which my friend owns and my note 3 with the same carrier

ilordvader

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
We need USB 3.0

Faster Micro SD cards like ....
SanDisk Extreme PRO - Read speeds up to 260MB/s and write speeds of up to 240MB/s

Larger battery 4000mAh

Philipp Yeo

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Just to let you guys know that I'm 99% sure that they won't be getting rid of the physical home button flanked by the back and app drawer. I mean, come on! It's their signature thingy thingy. Without that, the average user would probably be mad.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers