The future device

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
What would you guys like to see in the next iteration of the Galaxy line? Screen size staying the same? A trimmed down OS? On screen buttons?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
-Trimmed OS would be nice.

-Better battery life, and faster modem both of which should be possible with the 810 which utilizes a 20nm die and is lte cat 6/7.

-Flexible display would be nice.

-QHD display

-beefed up casing, similar the s5 active available on more carriers

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

KatMiku

May 20, 2014
Visit site
- Get rid of the plastic, or at least do it like LG with the G3
- Onscreen buttons to reduce bezel, and more edge to edge display
- Trim down Touchwiz or offer a Galaxy S6 as a Google Silver device in 2015 running near to stock ( being in the UK I don't have much use for the GPE editions since they are not sold over here )

CellGuy

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I will never buy a Samsung until they go onsreen buttons. I think the physical home button has always been a horrible idea.

George H Martin

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Galaxy S6 running Android 4.5/5.0 Lollypop (or whatever they call it), BUT with a considerably lighter version of Touchwiz. Skip all the 'Smart' features, no Samsung hub, chatON or any other bloatware that nobody wants or uses.

Also, they could a carrier/network exempt version where no carrier can install their annoying bloatware that nobody wants or uses.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Smaller bezel, slighter thicker with a bigger battery, better back door, better outside camera glass (one thing keeping me from the s5), and getting rid of the home button.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX (tapatalk)

jcastag

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Better materials, no more AMOLED screen (sucks in sunlight), enough with the ridiculous bloat of TouchWiz, on screen buttons, less bezel.

Guess I don't need to wait for Samsung to finally get it right with the S6. The right design will be out with the G3 next month :)

Posted via Android Central App

NoNexus

May 10, 2013
Visit site
They still need to trim Touchwiz without getting rid of the features, keep the Home button (or use on screen buttons but increase the screen by .2 so as to not lose real estate), YOUM display

Vee_G

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to see it go back to a smaller screen size. I may be in the minority but I am not okay with the size of these phones increasing year after year. My S3 is big enough as it is.

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Above all Samsung needs to step there game up with the speakers and also I would like
A 320 by 240 monochrome screen
Compatibility with palm pilot
Also USB 1.1 support
And also have a port for my 56k modem
And come with a free trial for brickbreaker

Posted from my Nexus 7 2013 or Samsung galaxy S5

Leslie Hatcher

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I sold my s5 and bought a HTC M8 bc of the speakers and music sound. The s5 has a weak streaming volume and I use my phone as my music device! Maybe I am a minority, but I don't have 5 different devices for my different user habits. (just 2- a tablet and my phone!)

John Gilliam

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I will never buy a Samsung until they go onsreen buttons. I think the physical home button has always been a horrible idea.

Physical buttons are awesome. I don't use my power button to turn on my note 3. I use the home button. And also have you ever seen a button freeze like an on screen button?

Last edited by a moderator:

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Better materials, no more AMOLED screen (sucks in sunlight), enough with the ridiculous bloat of TouchWiz, on screen buttons, less bezel.

Guess I don't need to wait for Samsung to finally get it right with the S6. The right design will be out with the G3 next month :)

Amoled >lcd.... That's one of the reasons why I prefer Samsung phones

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams