Samsung Galaxy S6 Release Date and Spec Rumors

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Again, understand your points. Guess I want the world. :) Anyway, if I really do want a larger screen guess I could go the Notes route.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337) using Tapatalk Pro

Once you go larger it's hard to go back. In late December I decided I wanted a 2nd phone (to complement my Note 4)...went through a Moto X, S5, Galaxy Alpha, and G3. Did I want small or big? That was a question. Also, no matter what I got I missed access to the S Pen. I decided I missed Big. I missed the S Pen. Only 2 phones would do and one was our of my budget (the Note Edge) so I ended up with a Note 3 to complement my Note 4. Might sound crazy and redundant but now I have big and S Pen on both devices (and they're nicely configured differently).

My point is once you get used to a Big 'Ole Note it can be hard to be happy with anything else.

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Once you go larger it's hard to go back. In late December I decided I wanted a 2nd phone (to complement my Note 4)...went through a Moto X, S5, Galaxy Alpha, and G3. Did I want small or big? That was a question. Also, no matter what I got I missed access to the S Pen. I decided I missed Big. I missed the S Pen. Only 2 phones would do and one was our of my budget (the Note Edge) so I ended up with a Note 3 to complement my Note 4. Might sound crazy and redundant but now I have big and S Pen on both devices (and they're nicely configured differently).

My point is once you get used to a Big 'Ole Note it can be hard to be happy with anything else.

Good points. I'll just have to wait until the real thing hits the shelves.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
No Snapdragon 810? Uh oh. Possible issue with the chipsets used in testing. Do more testing. Even with 4gb of RAM, how does the Exynos compare to the Qualcomm chipset?

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device

Jdroids

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We have to wait more to see it clearly. But some early testings seem to suggest S810 is not so faster than 805. 10% at most and worse in some cases. Exynos 7 series should be excellent performer. But I have to see how its LTE modem handles US carrier bands, which is main reason snapdragon has been dominant phone chipset in US.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Being so close to release, it also doesn't seem possible Samsung can produce enough Exynos chipsets. Is there also not an LTE connectivity issue in the US? I thought that this is why the Snapdragon chipsets are used in US versions.

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Being so close to release, it also doesn't seem possible Samsung can produce enough Exynos chipsets. Is there also not an LTE connectivity issue in the US? I thought that this is why the Snapdragon chipsets are used in US versions.

Pretty sure I've heard this as well.

Jdroids

May 7, 2012
Visit site

Couple of years ago Note 2 came out with Exynos chipset (even US versions) and it had no LTE connectivity issues.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I read somewhere today that the Exynos 64 bit chipsets are as fast as the Snapdragon 810 or more so. They are also supposed to be more efficient from a structural and functionality prospective. I guess we will see the first week of March. Which Android site is going to be the first with a thorough walk through on the briefest of time with the GS6.

Posted via my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I realize that high -end cameras drive many users to phones but not me. I'd rather a manufacturer focus on phone features, not ancillary ones. Just my 2 cents

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I realize that high -end cameras drive many users to phones but not me. I'd rather a manufacturer focus on phone features, not ancillary ones. Just my 2 cents

A phone is different things to different people. For some call quality is paramount but as long as I can understand the other party and they can understand me I'd rather the manufacturers focus on other features that'll undoubtedly get used more often. ...like the camera or UI.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay