Samsung Galaxy S6 Release Date and Spec Rumors

codyoehl

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I think it would be awesome if it had a snapdragon 810 processor and had a 4k screen
I don't really want any of the curved/flexible displays, and I certainly don't want it to be much bigger than the GS5

Posted via Android Central App with my Samsung Galaxy S5

OLD_HATCH

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I have a galaxy S4 and an LG G3 in my house, and cosidering how hard it is to discern the res at a normal viewing distance why would you want 4k on a phone of similar screen size?

Just to put it in perspective, the top of the line pc graphics cards right now (6-800 dollar US) struggle to keep 30 frames at 4k. At 1440p the stutters are apparent on current hardware on the G3.

We should all really be hoping for more energy efficient devices as well as the new usb cable standard that was finalized. Give me current gen type specs in a battery sipping device that will last several days and I will be oh so happy.

codyoehl

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
It doesn't need 4k resolution though
Nothing would support that, I mean maybe for pictures and stuff, but apps and movies would not support that

Posted via Android Central App with my Samsung Galaxy S5

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
http://www.christiantoday.com/artic...one.6.20.mp.camera.powerful.chipset/40922.htm

April 2015 release date is in line with previous releases. 20MP camera is a bit much as it would defeat the thinness of the device. Android OS with slimmed down TouchWiz with fine turning to squeeze every ounce of performance with maximum battery efficiency. Otherwise, now would great to introduce the Tizen OS. Time for Samsung to innovate and step away from the crowd.

Posted via my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Case may go metallic but I would not be surprised if a newly patterned back made of plastic. It should retain or upgrade the dust/water protection. I will most likely put a Defender case on it so shock resistance is not an issue.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
By March 5th of 2015, at the MWC, we should know specs and release date. It can't come soon enough.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Don't expect more than 5.2 inches but would also prefer less, maybe 5.1 inches with a brighter, more improved Super Amoled. Any larger and would be a Note 4 (5.7 inches) without an S Pen. Want to be able to view clearly in direct sunlight. Maybe LCD2 display. Image stabilization and better low-light performance on the camera with a 3MP FFC/20MP. 3GB RAM. 32GB as base model with 128GB external. Snapdragon 810. Slimmed down TouchWiz.

TOTtomdora

May 5, 2014
Visit site
I have a galaxy S4 and an LG G3 in my house, and cosidering how hard it is to discern the res at a normal viewing distance why would you want 4k on a phone of similar screen size?

Just to put it in perspective, the top of the line pc graphics cards right now (6-800 dollar US) struggle to keep 30 frames at 4k. At 1440p the stutters are apparent on current hardware on the G3.

We should all really be hoping for more energy efficient devices as well as the new usb cable standard that was finalized. Give me current gen type specs in a battery sipping device that will last several days and I will be oh so happy.
I think the idea is that if you use it for VR, you need an extremely high PPI so that you don't get sick.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke