What's with all these rumors of a 5.5" S6 screen??

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Sites are showing benchmarks for what they believe is the Galaxy S6. They are all citing a 5.5" screen. How in the world would that make sense??? Essentially it's now a Note without the stylus?

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
The phones are getting too large. I've found my current 5 inch S4 to be an ideal size. Waiting on an S6. I think it's going to be 5.5 inches.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
There are also rumors of 5.2 to 5.3 inch screen. At 5.5 inches, it would hurt the Note series. Samsung isn't about to hurt sales of their own product. The S series needs to stand on its own. Screen size is not a deal breaker as better hardware and performance are more important. Who cares about the large screen if the device is not a game changer.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
There are also rumors of 5.2 to 5.3 inch screen. At 5.5 inches, it would hurt the Note series. Samsung isn't about to hurt sales of their own product. The S series needs to stand on its own. Screen size is not a deal breaker as better hardware and performance are more important. Who cares about the large screen if the device is not a game changer.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device

Your posts are all over the place. On one hand you say you prefer a S6 closer to 5.1 inches then here you post. .. ' who cares about large screen size...'.

I do! You post incessantly and its obnoxious when you overstep other's posts!

Look... I really don't care what you buy for yourself. But I do care when you push your nonsense on others.

BTW... I've had the same cell number for twenty three years! I ain't no newbie!

Try posting less and listening more!

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I think these are just rumors that could be anything but I really hope the S6 will be around 5 inches with thin bezels. I really hated the size increase that went from the S4 to the S5. The S5 was too big in my opinion.
That's the reason I sold it and kept the S4. If I want something big, I'll use a Note series.

Should be an interesting 2-3 months of rumors.

sdmf

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Exactly. Leave the large screen for the notes. I'm currently on a note 3,but due for an upgrade. Interested in the alpha because of the screen size and look feel etc but not interested in the lack of interest and support of the alpha overall. So I'm thinking of waiting another few months and see what the S6 will be like...if it's around a 5" screen then I'll get it for sure.... 5.5? Why would I bother switching from my note 3 which works great. :)

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Exactly. Leave the large screen for the notes. I'm currently on a note 3,but due for an upgrade. Interested in the alpha because of the screen size and look feel etc but not interested in the lack of interest and support of the alpha overall. So I'm thinking of waiting another few months and see what the S6 will be like...if it's around a 5" screen then I'll get it for sure.... 5.5? Why would I bother switching from my note 3 which works great. :)

On Friday I got an Alpha to complement my Note 4. It's a very nice phone and feels so feather-lite and compact after the Note. It's also very very smooth in operation.

Pontiac1979

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
In my opinion, the Galaxy S series should stay around the screen size they're at right now. A 5.5 inch screen would defeat the purpose of a Note.

ab2c4

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Na, the S Pen is what makes the Note, not just the 5.7" display.

That is exactly my thoughts also. I had a Note 2 and a S3 previously (since then I am using a nexus 5 and LG G3).

I loved the big screen on the Note2 but never used the S pen, but I liked S3 better because it was a faster phone.

An S6 with a 5.5" display, greatly toned down TouchWiz and front facing speakers would make it one of the best phones IMO.

Posted via the Android Central App

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
An S6 with a 5.5" display, greatly toned down TouchWiz and front facing speakers would make it one of the best phones IMO.

Sadly, I don't think Samsung knows how to make front-facing speakers and they don't seem to want to ask HTC for help.

ab2c4

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
If a 5.5" S6 does happen then I think Samsung will move Note to 6.0" to compete with Nexus 6.

Actually the Nexus 6 only has a 5.7" usable display if I am not mistaken due to the bar on the bottom of the screen with the home/back/apps buttons. The Note 4 has the full 5.7" display to work with since their buttons are not on the screen. In effect both phones have the same usable size screens.

terobaje

Tero Baje
Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Actually the Nexus 6 only has a 5.7" usable display if I am not mistaken due to the bar on the bottom of the screen with the home/back/apps buttons. The Note 4 has the full 5.7" display to work with since their buttons are not on the screen. In effect both phones have the same usable size screens.

Could be, but, that's only when the buttons are needed. When playing videos or using full-screen apps, I think the buttons are hidden giving you a bigger screen.

eds817

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I would seriously consider the S6 if it comes with a 5.5" screen. I currently own a Note 2 with 5.5" and don't really want larger. Could I get use to a 5.7 or 6" screen? Yes, but for me the 5.5 is ideal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34