I haven't read anyone else comment on this, but after the leak about the S6 Accessories yesterday if they are valid I think it maybe safe to scratch all metal off the list.

Reasoning:
    EP-PG920I — Zero-Flat S Charger Pad Power

With a name like that I take this as a QI Charger. I don't think you would use the word 'Pad' to label a wall wart or a dock. I do not know for sure, but I believe if you have a metal back you aren't going to be able to do wireless charging without conducting some electricity and heat into the metal which would be a big no no.
    It's always possible to add a case with QI over the top of something metal, but there doesn't appear to be another accessory that falls into that description, and that would probably be pretty inelegant.

Also I believe the flip covers have had extra internal contact points to register the different types or those with windows.

This will be my wife's next phone and personally I hope it has a removal back plastic / whatever cover to add a MicroSD card for pictures and videos. HD video adds up fast and I hate to be limited with 32GB.
    fitchalcyone likes this.
    01-06-2015 01:14 PM
    I haven't read anyone else comment on this, but after the leak about the S6 Accessories yesterday if they are valid I think it maybe safe to scratch all metal off the list.

Reasoning:
    EP-PG920I — Zero-Flat S Charger Pad Power

With a name like that I take this as a QI Charger. I don't think you would use the word 'Pad' to label a wall wart or a dock. I do not know for sure, but I believe if you have a metal back you aren't going to be able to do wireless charging without conducting some electricity and heat into the metal which would be a big no no.
    It's always possible to add a case with QI over the top of something metal, but there doesn't appear to be another accessory that falls into that description, and that would probably be pretty inelegant.

Also I believe the flip covers have had extra internal contact points to register the different types or those with windows.

This will be my wife's next phone and personally I hope it has a removal back plastic / whatever cover to add a MicroSD card for pictures and videos. HD video adds up fast and I hate to be limited with 32GB.
    The alpha and note 4 have metal band.
    01-06-2015 01:53 PM
    The alpha and note 4 have metal band.
    And I would expect the S6 to have a metal band too.
    I've seen a lot of speculation of full metal, as well as supposed images of a completely enclosed metal chassis, and that is what I wanted to bring up and potential disprove.
    01-06-2015 03:51 PM
    Yeah, from that accessory, it sounds plausible that the back of the GS6 will not be metal, assuming that accessory is real and will be for the GS6.

You can have full metal phones without removable backs with Micro SD slots in them. They're not exclusively for phones with plastic, removable backs.

I personally hope that they revamp their design language and go full metal body.
    01-06-2015 07:02 PM
    And I would expect the S6 to have a metal band too.
    I've seen a lot of speculation of full metal, as well as supposed images of a completely enclosed metal chassis, and that is what I wanted to bring up and potential disprove.
    Then watch out for M9!
    01-07-2015 11:49 AM
    I think it is too early to say something about Galaxy S6. I would rather wait for official announcement instead of believing on these rumors!
    01-08-2015 02:04 AM
    We put a metal case on the S5.
    It cut the signal reception on it down.
    Know a lot of people keep saying a metal band.
    I believe too much metal would be a bad thing.
    Would like to see the back continue to be able to come off, for access to the battery, SD card, and micro Sims card.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-11-2015 04:42 PM
    We put a metal case on the S5.
    It cut the signal reception on it down.
    Know a lot of people keep saying a metal band.
    I believe too much metal would be a bad thing.
    Would like to see the back continue to be able to come off, for access to the battery, SD card, and micro Sims card.

Posted via the Android Central App
    If you put metal over the device, yes it screws up the radio waves and you probably won't get reception. That's why all cases are rubber or plastic.

If the phone is fully designed with a metal body and has appropriate points for the antenna, then a metal build isn't a bad thing.

Also I read that the S6 may have a glass, non-removable back, not a plastic Rumor: Galaxy S6 could feature glass back panel and non-removable battery
    01-20-2015 10:38 PM
    I was looking forward to buying the S6 in the spring, but if the battery is not removable, I will not buy it. Non-removable batteries are a horrible anti-consumer trend that has sadly become the norm, thanks to Apple starting it 11 years ago with the iPod. Now all the makers emulate Apple's bad practices at the expense of consumer satisfaction.

Hopefully, the Note Edge will have a regular battery.
    01-22-2015 08:50 PM