09-26-2015 03:41 PM
114 1234 ...
tools
    I'm happy with tw.

@T-Mobile GN3
    02-08-2015 08:42 PM
    I can deal with touch wiz. I can't stand nature ux though. Those stupid water sounds for EVERY tap drive me insane. I turn those off the second I get a new Samsung phone. I hate sitting in waiting areas because of Samsung. Because invariably, someone has a Samsung phone with the sounds ALL the way up and they want to write their memoir while they wait. BLIP BLIP BLOOP BLOOP BLEEP BLIP.
    02-10-2015 12:11 AM
    I can deal with touch wiz. I can't stand nature ux though. Those stupid water sounds for EVERY tap drive me insane. I turn those off the second I get a new Samsung phone. I hate sitting in waiting areas because of Samsung. Because invariably, someone has a Samsung phone with the sounds ALL the way up and they want to write their memoir while they wait. BLIP BLIP BLOOP BLOOP BLEEP BLIP.
    Lol, true, that sound is quite annoying.

@T-Mobile GN3
    02-12-2015 05:58 PM
    This is my experience: the TouchWiz that lags and affects performance is caused SOLELY by the TouchWiz launcher. When I replace the TouchWiz launcher any performance hit is completely, let me write that again, completely...gone. I've used a ton of phones, including dry flavorless Nexus devices. Most recently (spelled last weekend) I really dove in and compared a Nexus 6 with Nova Prime to my Note 3 and Note 4 with Nova Prime. The 3 phones felt the same in launching apps, screen transitions, etc. and the Note 3 is an older design. I found I still don't care for the look of stock android and its stoic dry font and menus. Lollipop? You may keep it. Forever. No, really.

I've been replacing the TouchWiz launcher with Nova Prime or something else since the S3 and that's why I could never understand why people say Samsung devices lag.

Now, why in the world would anyone that knows better keep the performance affecting TouchWiz launcher when there is Nova, Apex, Aviate, ADW, Go, Next, etc that perform better and are way more flexible?

YMMV but, again, in my experience it is SOLELY the TouchWiz launcher that affects performance, not its underpinnings.

β€’ from the i6+ 🐜 β€’
    02-12-2015 08:13 PM
    Meh

I like TW tbh

And I also like the water touch sound

Idk what the fuss is all about

#firstworldproblems

Posted via the Android Central App
    debdroid1a and msndrstood like this.
    02-12-2015 08:51 PM
    I don't mind TW. I think it improved greatly on my S5 with the lollipop update. Having said that however, I have played around on a Nexus tablet running lollipop and it is a very, very nice experience, better than TW. If Samsung does decide to tone down it's launcher with the S6, I can only hope they eventually push the same software to the S5.

02-14-2015 11:34 AM
    every year you people buy into these "rumors" then are disappointed in the end result. the bottom line is touchwiz is here to stay, yes it will lag and yes the design hasn't changed on the phone.
    No need for rumors. Just look at the galaxy a5 reviews, one of their most recent phones overseas. It runs very smoothly and only has a lowly snapdragon 410. A lot of bloat is misding on the phone, but it still has multiwindow.
    02-14-2015 01:27 PM
    Pretty sure Google themselves intervened and told Samsung to ease off on the bloatware, especially after the S4 storage debacle where the OS was eating up about 8GB of storage, which is INSANE when you compare the footprint of stock / custom software.

Samsung bloating Android gives the OS a bad name as non techies have no idea they've heavily modified it, which results in performance issues - unforgivable based on the device specs.

I've been rocking a Nexus 4 for quite a while now and don't really suffer many performance issues thanks to custom ROMS and that's got a 1.5GHz Quad-Core CPU / 2GB RAM.

02-14-2015 01:34 PM
    Each year before the release of the next Galaxy device, rumours come out stating TouchWiz is going to be optimized and updated.

The track record of these rumours hasn't been the greatest so I'll believe it when I see it. I doubt Samsung is going to make dramatic changes to TouchWiz, maybe remove a few older apps and change the colour scheme around but a minimalist version of TouchWiz is surely not happening. I hope it does but I'm doubting it.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    02-14-2015 03:11 PM
    Yup. Just as I thought.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/01/29/google-and-samsung/

02-14-2015 03:39 PM
    I don't like TW either but couldn't care less thanks to root and Nova, Apex most of the annoying stuff can be removed

Also people need to take the rumors for what they are just that.

Samsung doesn't need to do much use a sd 810, 4k display and keep the build quality of the note 4
    02-15-2015 08:01 AM
    Yup. Just as I thought.

Reported Google deal could see Samsung deliver cleaner Android, less bloat

You do realize that article is over a year old, don't you?
    02-15-2015 11:18 AM
    Lol right. That's just further proof that they always say that and nothing changes.
    02-15-2015 12:33 PM
    Indeed, each new iteration of the Galaxy series is released on a yearly basis. Hence it's likely Googles intervention was triggered by bloat / performance issues with the S5, the problem goes back further but it seems like the S5 was the point where they'd finally had enough.

In this case it seems possible that Googles advice has been taken on board and we'll see the results when the S6 is released.

02-15-2015 02:16 PM
    Indeed, each new iteration of the Galaxy series is released on a yearly basis. Hence it's likely Googles intervention was triggered by bloat / performance issues with the S5, the problem goes back further but it seems like the S5 was the point where they'd finally had enough.

In this case it seems possible that Googles advice has been taken on board and we'll see the results when the S6 is released.

You mean the S4... The S5 wasn't released when that article was written... #CMONMAN
    02-18-2015 10:48 PM
    You mean the S4... The S5 wasn't released when that article was written... #CMONMAN
    Semantics, my point still stands. I guess you'll have wait until March to see whether or not the article is correct.

02-19-2015 03:21 AM
    Tw doesnt bother me, i dont see any lag on my note 4.

Verizon Note4 w/ Tech 21 case
    02-19-2015 05:54 AM
    Samsung would be much better off to tone down TW, certainly some people are okay with it and for the most part it "works" but all of the crappy bloatware is the major issue.

I say still have those apps but have them available for download from the play store not mandatory on the phone.
    Touch wiz has already been tone down sense the gs5 and more with my note 4

02-19-2015 06:08 AM
    Each year before the release of the next Galaxy device, rumours come out stating TouchWiz is going to be optimized and updated.

The track record of these rumours hasn't been the greatest so I'll believe it when I see it. I doubt Samsung is going to make dramatic changes to TouchWiz, maybe remove a few older apps and change the colour scheme around but a minimalist version of TouchWiz is surely not happening. I hope it does but I'm doubting it.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    What old phone are you using anything from gs5 up like my note 4 runs like butter I happen to like TW I also have a moto G 2 Gen stock android and find it very boring even my gs4 runs like butter sense my kit Kat update

02-19-2015 06:15 AM
    I love Samsung devices but have no love for the TouchWiz launcher. I can't imagine it ever competing favorably to the alternatives.

from theβœ’ Note Pro 12.2 πŸ“’πŸ“‘
    02-19-2015 06:49 AM
    TouchWiz is Sammy. Complaining about TouchWiz on a Samsung device is like coming to Michigan in February and complaining about the cold. If you don't like the cold, don't come here during winter. If you don't like TouchWiz, get something else. But for heaven's sake, don't keep complaining about the manufacturer using their own software. It's fair to be in an HTC, Apple, Motorola, LG forum and saying why you'll never consider Samsung, but to come into the Samsung forum in anticipation of the next device as though they're going to abandon their software? Might as well go to Alaska this weekend in anticipation of it being warm. To the question as to whether Samsung has gotten it?.... Don't they sell more phones worldwide than anyone? Maybe we as consumers should get the message... They, and seemingly their customers, like TouchWiz.
    Jaycemiskel likes this.
    02-19-2015 07:53 AM
    I personally do not despise TW. However as I say this, I do use Dodol Launcher on my Note 4. When I was rolling with TW, it was fine performance and eye candy wise though to me.

Now TW on my old, old Captivate - another story. It's come a long way.
    02-24-2015 08:20 AM
    TouchWiz is Sammy. Complaining about TouchWiz on a Samsung device is like coming to Michigan in February and complaining about the cold.
    That's inaccurate because the weather can't be controlled whereas Samsung can improve their software. People who use Samsung products and complain about TouchWiz have every right to do so, they should want a company to improve the experience on their device. The "love it or leave it stance" doesn't apply when Samsung has complete control over TouchWiz.

Samsung may sell more phones worldwide but that is not any indication that TouchWiz is a success. I would venture to say that most people probably don't care and don't even know what TouchWiz is or that different companies make their own launchers. However, people being ignorant, ill-informed, or uneducated on the matter doesn't make it a success or mean that it's great. They may sell more phones worldwide but Apple sells a ton of phones in the U.S. Does that mean that everyone should be happy with an iPhone if they live in the U.S.? No, saying that selling a high amount of something means that everyone should conform is wrong.

TouchWiz is definitely Samsung's baby but it's time for it to grow up. A flagship phone shouldn't stutter when going from home screen to home screen, the theme of software shouldn't clash with the underlying OS, software shouldn't be forced onto people and it should definitely have the option of being uninstalled (not just disabled), and software updates (their implementation of Android 5.0.0) shouldn't make a phone useless (I should be getting more than 10 hours of use with my Anker 7500 mAh battery case). It's not wrong for people to want improvements with their products.
    02-24-2015 09:42 AM
    Most people probably think Touchwiz IS Android considering that Samsung is by far the biggest seller of Android phones so Touchwiz is a success. Could it be improved? Yes, but at the same time, if you don't like it, just get another phone.
    02-24-2015 10:21 AM
    Recent reports suggest that this may, indeed, be the case as the word is that the S6 will come with a minimalist TW which is actually quite close to vanilla android (lollipop).

GOOD RIDDANCE!!!! Now the real power of Samsung's hardware can shine through. Say goodbye to the notorious "Samsung lag."

Samsung Galaxy S6 to Feature Improved, Lightweight TouchWiz UI: Report | NDTV Gadgets
    If so many people hate touchwiz why do they sell more phones then anyone else including apple this whole hate touchwiz has no bases to stand on and is starting to just sound like the hip thing to say

Posted via Android Central App
    02-24-2015 09:51 PM
114 1234 ...