09-26-2015 03:41 PM
114 12345
tools
    If so many people hate touchwiz why do they sell more phones then anyone else including apple this whole hate touchwiz has no bases to stand on and is starting to just sound like the hip thing to say

Posted via Android Central App
    I think most people don't even know what TouchWiz is.

G3 📱
    02-25-2015 03:19 AM
    I have no idea why anyone here who has some deep rooted "hate" for TouchWiz would even consider buying a Samsung phone or even more inexplicably purchase one and then complain after the fact. There's a lot of choice when it comes to smartphones nowadays so why buy something you don't want in the first place?

I have no problem with TW but I use Nova as my launcher as I like the customizing I can do.
    Really? You don't see it? Great hardware, beautiful screens, awesome materials, outstanding build materials, decent support, knee capped by the most bloated, hard to update version, lagstastic version of Android out there?

Without TouchCrap, the Galaxy lines is the king of the castle. Nothing like two version of everything to confuse and cause wake locks. Nice ugly colors. Nice jumbled quick pulldown screen. Nice lag caused by useless gestures that barely work. I love a weak antennae also. I could sacrifice some battery power to boost a signal, if I wasn't sacrificing my battery to power the Samsung Store, and it's 100000 apps constantly trying to work over the 1000 Google apps.

Yeah.
    02-25-2015 08:44 AM
    Most people probably think Touchwiz IS Android considering that Samsung is by far the biggest seller of Android phones so Touchwiz is a success. Could it be improved? Yes, but at the same time, if you don't like it, just get another phone.
    But what about people who purchased a Samsung phone and want TouchWiz to be improved upon? What about people who want to buy Samsung hardware (which really is great) but are turned off by TouchWiz? It's easy to say "don't like it? don't get it" but we, as consumers and possibly future consumers, shouldn't settle with mediocrity from a company. There's absolutely nothing wrong with wanting more from Samsung, wanting a software experience that matches their hardware.

If so many people hate touchwiz why do they sell more phones then anyone else including apple this whole hate touchwiz has no bases to stand on and is starting to just sound like the hip thing to say

There's plenty of reasons why people don't like TouchWiz. Plus your statement is incorrect when it comes to the U.S. Apple has more market share than Samsung in the U.S. So why aren't you using an iPhone? It's the most popular phone in the U.S. so every U.S. citizen (and anyone living in the U.S.) should just own an iPhone because it sells the most here, right? That type of mentality doesn't apply as high sales do not equate to high quality.

As previously pointed out (by me and others), most people don't even know what TouchWiz is or that Android is a slightly different experience across multiple devices. I've even heard some people call it "Apple's Android on my Samsung phone." The vast majority of people have zero clue. To them, ignorance is bliss. But that doesn't mean that TouchWiz can't be improved. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever for a flagship phone to stutter when swiping between home pages or scrolling through the app drawer. My S5 did that last year brand new out of the box and it still does it after upgrading to Android 5.0.0. The Google Now Launcher doesn't stutter so why is the TouchWiz launcher. There's also many areas where TouchWiz clashes with Material Design. TouchWiz has come a long way but there is still a large amount of room for improvement. Wanting that improvement doesn't mean that someone is trying to be "hip." It means that they want a better experience out of their smartphone and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.
    02-25-2015 08:53 AM
    Samsung is always improving the experience. My point isn't that they don't have to do anything about it, my point is that if it's such a bother to put up with it, there are other phones out there you can buy instead. A lot of people say, if they got rid of Touchwiz I would buy one. Well that's not realistic. And Samsung isn't hurting for sales, sure they aren't hitting projections, but they're still making a killing. Their strategy with Touchwiz is working just fine. Personally, I don't use the Touchwiz launcher. So, I don't have to deal with lag on my devices. I can understand why you would want them to improve that though.
    linebusy likes this.
    02-25-2015 08:58 AM
    Why would you ever design a launcher that fails to go back to go (home) if you just keep rotating? I'm forced to use a launcher just to get this feature and get rid of things like Magazine that I don't want cluttering a screen and using data.
    03-19-2015 12:01 PM
    im thinking about switching from iphone for the s6. the ONLY big thing thats not making it a 100% choice is touchwiz. i don't want touchwiz. i'd much rather have stock android.

its pretty obvious that samsung has received a huge backlash on touchwiz over the years, or why else would they bother to dial it back.
    03-19-2015 12:31 PM
    I like TouchWiz

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-19-2015 12:39 PM
    Could be dialing it back because of pressure from Google.

03-19-2015 01:07 PM
    Could be dialing it back because of pressure from Google.

Pressure from Google... LOL
    As if Google controls Samsung. Check the revenues of *just* Samsung Electronics, forget whole Samsung group.
    03-19-2015 01:12 PM
    As if Google controls Samsung. Check the revenues of *just* Samsung Electronics, forget whole Samsung group.
    After Google Pressure, Samsung Will Dial Back Android Tweaks, Homegrown Apps | Re/code
    Almeuit likes this.
    03-19-2015 01:17 PM
    See the post above mine .. Google actually did tell Samsung to dial it back ..
    03-19-2015 02:41 PM
    See the post above mine .. Google actually did tell Samsung to dial it back ..
    Enough said. If Samsung dials it back with iteration, it might make third-party launchers a thing of the past and OS/TouchWiz updates faster even with the delay added on by carriers.
    03-19-2015 05:24 PM
    Enough said. If Samsung dials it back with iteration, it might make third-party launchers a thing of the past and OS/TouchWiz updates faster even with the delay added on by carriers.
    Nova prime is so sweet it will never be a thing of the past ,as long as I have device.
    03-19-2015 05:43 PM
    Yes nova is light.... I dont mind TW and i like miui...

Sent from my HM 1S using Tapatalk
    03-19-2015 06:00 PM
    Yes nova is light.... I dont mind TW and i like miui...

Sent from my HM 1S using Tapatalk
    Me too

Posted via Android Central App using the all new HTC One (m8)
    03-19-2015 06:13 PM
    I like TW as well. Millions of others don't seem to mind either.

03-19-2015 06:41 PM
    I like TW as well. Millions of others don't seem to mind either.

As the TouchWiz footprint gets lighter and lighter, the need goes down but not the desire to load a third party launcher because that's the way some have always done. If Samsung took that approach, we wouldn't have the GS6 as it is about to launch. We would just have another incremental improvement because that's the way it has always been and accept the status quo. Don't embrace change . That might take effort and might force us to do things that we are not comfortable doing. Hogwash. Just because you made a decision to load a third party launcher doesn't mean you always should. In the past, there may have been a need for it thus a developer made it happen. Circumstances change and technology progresses. It is at that point that we need to ask questions and think more critically, more,outside the box.
    03-19-2015 07:48 PM
    Does TW give one the ability to lock the desktop?
    I like/don't mind TW, but I have Nova installed just to keep my desktop items from floating all over the place, or disappearing.
    Maybe it's just me....
    03-19-2015 08:26 PM
    I personally really like Touch Wiz. Never had a problem with it. My favorite skin on Android.

Note in my house!
    03-19-2015 08:51 PM
    Does TW give one the ability to lock the desktop?
    I like/don't mind TW, but I have Nova installed just to keep my desktop items from floating all over the place, or disappearing.
    Maybe it's just me....
    I stand by my last post. Don't know an answer to your question as we have not seen any reviews and I have had no first hand experience to do so.
    03-19-2015 08:53 PM
    There's options that 3rd party launchers offer that TW prolly will never offer. The 3rd party launchers are for the enthusiasts that appreciates them. I use Nova Prime on both Samsung devices and non Samsung devices. It allows to easily copy my complete desktop layout from a Note 4 to a Nexus 6... and from a Nexus 6 to a G3. So if I want, all my phones can very easily look exactly like this:
    or this

or whatever else my crazy little brain conjurs up.

Nova also allows you to have multiple independent backups that you can restore at will... so you can have one icon pack and desktop layout one day and restore another favorite the next day. Nova allows you to completely specify the desktop grid and allows sub-grid positioning so you can get the precise layout you want... and then there's all the gestures, the infinite coloring of icon labels. ... and on and on and on.

Now matter how much they slim down TouchWiz it will NEVER have all the options this enthusiast has come to rely on.

It's funny, everytime I take my phone into the AT&T store for whatever reason they always ask me questions like, "Is your phone rooted, that's cool, how'd you do that? Hey Bob look at this!" ... and I'm thinking, "You really should get out more."

♻from the n.4 Prime✒🍫
    03-20-2015 02:01 AM
    I think Samsung will launch Galaxy S6 Google Play Edition so don't worry about Touchwiz.
    03-20-2015 02:50 AM
    I think Samsung will launch Galaxy S6 Google Play Edition so don't worry about Touchwiz.
    That would certainly appeal to a lot of people.

♻from the n.4 Prime✒🍫
    03-20-2015 03:06 AM
    Play Addition it is dead. Sorry

03-20-2015 04:17 AM
    Looks great. Never said they should be abandoned. If it works for you, awesome. One of the common remarks that I hear about TouchWiz is that some of the icons are cartoonish. Just my opinion and no offense intended but the weather animation or icons could improved a bit to be more realistic looking.
    03-20-2015 05:40 AM
114 12345