09-26-2015 03:41 PM
114 ... 2345
tools
    There's options that 3rd party launchers offer that TW prolly will never offer. The 3rd party launchers are for the enthusiasts that appreciates them. I use Nova Prime on both Samsung devices and non Samsung devices. It allows to easily copy my complete desktop layout from a Note 4 to a Nexus 6... and from a Nexus 6 to a G3. So if I want, all my phones can very easily look exactly like this: http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15...76bf7310e8.jpg
    or this
    http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15...3c7b62d493.jpg
    or whatever else my crazy little brain conjurs up.

Nova also allows you to have multiple independent backups that you can restore at will... so you can have one icon pack and desktop layout one day and restore another favorite the next day. Nova allows you to completely specify the desktop grid and allows sub-grid positioning so you can get the precise layout you want... and then there's all the gestures, the infinite coloring of icon labels. ... and on and on and on.

Now matter how much they slim down TouchWiz it will NEVER have all the options this enthusiast has come to rely on.

It's funny, everytime I take my phone into the AT&T store for whatever reason they always ask me questions like, "Is your phone rooted, that's cool, how'd you do that? Hey Bob look at this!" ... and I'm thinking, "You really should get out more."

♻from the n.4 Prime✒
    Looks great - now do my phone!
    03-20-2015 06:12 AM
    Here's some Nova prime
    Attached Thumbnails Has Samsung FINALLY Gotten The Mesage That People HATE TouchWiz?-1426851155871.jpg  
    jcp007 likes this.
    03-20-2015 06:32 AM
    Yeah...I agree, I'll send him my phone to! I've never done a launcher but poking around it seemed a bit intimidating.
    ibcop likes this.
    03-20-2015 06:59 AM
    Sure. That'll be 5¢.

♻from the n.3 controller🍶🍫
    ibcop likes this.
    03-20-2015 11:57 AM
    Yeah...I agree, I'll send him my phone to! I've never done a launcher but poking around it seemed a bit intimidating.
    Intimidating? Oh, it's not. If I could do it a 3-year-old could. Really.

03-20-2015 11:59 AM
    Intimidating? Oh, it's not. If I could do it a 3-year-old could. Really.

♻from the n.3 controller
    Uh...ok...looks complicated. Maybe I'll DL Nova/Apex/Whatever and practice on my clunker before I get this one. BTW...yours looks really sharp, that mono-tone is a nice break from the tutti fruity stuff we see all the time.

BTW...If you f-up the UI, can you un-f-it up?
    03-20-2015 03:31 PM
    So is Touchsuck finally gone or just toned down?

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-20-2015 03:43 PM
    Sure. That'll be 5¢.

♻from the n.3 controller
    If I give you 6c can I sneak ahead of ibcop?
    03-20-2015 03:55 PM
    So is Touchsuck finally gone or just toned down?

Posted via the Android Central App
    Toned down.
    03-20-2015 04:08 PM
    Even the AA review makes mention of just how toned down it is which is saying something. most of the well known reviewers always have some editorial comment about the heavy TouchWiz footprint and cartoonish appearance but not so much in this case.
    03-20-2015 04:48 PM
    I'm interested in that clock widget and the weather widget, wherefore dost though get such widgety widgets?
    03-20-2015 05:10 PM
    Uh...ok...looks complicated. Maybe I'll DL Nova/Apex/Whatever and practice on my clunker before I get this one. BTW...yours looks really sharp, that mono-tone is a nice break from the tutti fruity stuff we see all the time.

BTW...If you f-up the UI, can you un-f-it up?
    Yes, with Nova you can make multiple independent backups... you could have 10 or more so you have one "normal" stock-ish looking setup and you could have another wild seat-of-your-pants setup and use whichever you were in the mood for. If you messed one layout up you could restore from that easily created-accessible backup. I and many others would be more than willing to assist, I'm sure.

03-20-2015 06:57 PM
    If I give you 6c can I sneak ahead of ibcop?
    lol

03-20-2015 06:57 PM
    I'm interested in that clock widget and the weather widget, wherefore dost though get such widgety widgets?
    The weather widget is WeatherBug Elite and the clock widget is Minimal Clock.

03-20-2015 07:01 PM
    Even the AA review makes mention of just how toned down it is which is saying something. most of the well known reviewers always have some editorial comment about the heavy TouchWiz footprint and cartoonish appearance but not so much in this case.
    It looks fast, but still looks cartoonish in every review so far. I'm hoping their theme engine upgrades to give more control over what parts you are changing so you can mix and match them.
    03-20-2015 07:24 PM
    It looks fast, but still looks cartoonish in every review so far. I'm hoping their theme engine upgrades to give more control over what parts you are changing so you can mix and match them.
    That's what has me jazzed about the device is performance and customization potential with all the changes and improvements.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device
    03-20-2015 07:31 PM
    The weather widget is WeatherBug Elite and the clock widget is Minimal Clock.

♻from the n.3 controller
    Hmm, too bad WeatherBug Elite doesn't exist anymore
    03-20-2015 08:08 PM
    Yes, with Nova you can make multiple independent backups... you could have 10 or more so you have one "normal" stock-ish looking setup and you could have another wild seat-of-your-pants setup and use whichever you were in the mood for. If you messed one layout up you could restore from that easily created-accessible backup. I and many others would be more than willing to assist, I'm sure.

♻from the n.3 controller
    I DL'd it this evening, I think I'd have been better off ordering a book in French LOL.
    03-20-2015 08:38 PM
    I DL'd it this evening, I think I'd have been better off ordering a book in French LOL.
    Please feel free to PM me if there's anything I can do to be helpful.

Inders99 likes this.
    03-21-2015 02:23 AM
    Just play with it for a day or two and you'll wind up being an expert in no time.

Posted via Android Central App
    Inders99 likes this.
    03-21-2015 04:23 AM
    thank god they finally stripped down the bloat!
    03-21-2015 10:20 AM
    thank god they finally stripped down the bloat!
    They should continue to streamline the UI and reduce the bloat. This is my hope anyway.
    03-21-2015 10:46 AM
    Back when I used to build Custom Roms for old WM, I would build them as stripped down as possible.
    They were always quick and stable.
    Obviously, some things baked in are required, but leave it as lean as possible.
    Then each user can install only what they want or need.
    03-21-2015 10:58 AM
    Back when I used to build Custom Roms for old WM, I would build them as stripped down as possible.
    They were always quick and stable.
    Obviously, some things baked in are required, but leave it as lean as possible.
    Then each user can install only what they want or need.
    Reminds me of stock android. ...or a salad with only romaine lettuce. Many people want just that.

📐♻from the sliq side with the n.Edge✒🍫
    03-21-2015 11:50 AM
    Reminds me of stock android. ...or a salad with only romaine lettuce. Many people want just that.

📐♻from the sliq side with the n.Edge✒🍫
    Uh oh food analogies...lol...no problem... It's lunch time anyway.
    03-21-2015 12:00 PM
114 ... 2345