Has Samsung FINALLY Gotten The Mesage That People HATE TouchWiz?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Pressure from Google... LOL
As if Google controls Samsung. Check the revenues of *just* Samsung Electronics, forget whole Samsung group.

See the post above mine .. Google actually did tell Samsung to dial it back ..

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
See the post above mine .. Google actually did tell Samsung to dial it back ..

Enough said. If Samsung dials it back with iteration, it might make third-party launchers a thing of the past and OS/TouchWiz updates faster even with the delay added on by carriers.

edgefever

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Enough said. If Samsung dials it back with iteration, it might make third-party launchers a thing of the past and OS/TouchWiz updates faster even with the delay added on by carriers.

Nova prime is so sweet it will never be a thing of the past ,as long as I have device.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I like TW as well. Millions of others don't seem to mind either.

Posted via the Android Central App

As the TouchWiz footprint gets lighter and lighter, the need goes down but not the desire to load a third party launcher because that's the way some have always done. If Samsung took that approach, we wouldn't have the GS6 as it is about to launch. We would just have another incremental improvement because that's the way it has always been and accept the status quo. Don't embrace change . That might take effort and might force us to do things that we are not comfortable doing. Hogwash. Just because you made a decision to load a third party launcher doesn't mean you always should. In the past, there may have been a need for it thus a developer made it happen. Circumstances change and technology progresses. It is at that point that we need to ask questions and think more critically, more,outside the box.

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
Does TW give one the ability to lock the desktop?
I like/don't mind TW, but I have Nova installed just to keep my desktop items from floating all over the place, or disappearing.
Maybe it's just me....

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Does TW give one the ability to lock the desktop?
I like/don't mind TW, but I have Nova installed just to keep my desktop items from floating all over the place, or disappearing.
Maybe it's just me....

I stand by my last post. Don't know an answer to your question as we have not seen any reviews and I have had no first hand experience to do so.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
There's options that 3rd party launchers offer that TW prolly will never offer. The 3rd party launchers are for the enthusiasts that appreciates them. I use Nova Prime on both Samsung devices and non Samsung devices. It allows to easily copy my complete desktop layout from a Note 4 to a Nexus 6... and from a Nexus 6 to a G3. So if I want, all my phones can very easily look exactly like this:
e2ace7e8552b02dce3d9f876bf7310e8.jpg

or this
6e6798ca570e65b9a58c313c7b62d493.jpg

or whatever else my crazy little brain conjurs up.

Nova also allows you to have multiple independent backups that you can restore at will... so you can have one icon pack and desktop layout one day and restore another favorite the next day. Nova allows you to completely specify the desktop grid and allows sub-grid positioning so you can get the precise layout you want... and then there's all the gestures, the infinite coloring of icon labels. ... and on and on and on.

Now matter how much they slim down TouchWiz it will NEVER have all the options this enthusiast has come to rely on.

It's funny, everytime I take my phone into the AT&T store for whatever reason they always ask me questions like, "Is your phone rooted, that's cool, how'd you do that? Hey Bob look at this!" ... and I'm thinking, "You really should get out more."

♻from the n.4 Prime✒🍫

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Looks great. Never said they should be abandoned. If it works for you, awesome. One of the common remarks that I hear about TouchWiz is that some of the icons are cartoonish. Just my opinion and no offense intended but the weather animation or icons could improved a bit to be more realistic looking.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
There's options that 3rd party launchers offer that TW prolly will never offer. The 3rd party launchers are for the enthusiasts that appreciates them. I use Nova Prime on both Samsung devices and non Samsung devices. It allows to easily copy my complete desktop layout from a Note 4 to a Nexus 6... and from a Nexus 6 to a G3. So if I want, all my phones can very easily look exactly like this: http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/19/e2ace7e8552b02dce3d9f876bf7310e8.jpg
or this
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/20/6e6798ca570e65b9a58c313c7b62d493.jpg
or whatever else my crazy little brain conjurs up.

Nova also allows you to have multiple independent backups that you can restore at will... so you can have one icon pack and desktop layout one day and restore another favorite the next day. Nova allows you to completely specify the desktop grid and allows sub-grid positioning so you can get the precise layout you want... and then there's all the gestures, the infinite coloring of icon labels. ... and on and on and on.

Now matter how much they slim down TouchWiz it will NEVER have all the options this enthusiast has come to rely on.

It's funny, everytime I take my phone into the AT&T store for whatever reason they always ask me questions like, "Is your phone rooted, that's cool, how'd you do that? Hey Bob look at this!" ... and I'm thinking, "You really should get out more."

♻from the n.4 Prime✒??????

Looks great - now do my phone! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech