Has Samsung FINALLY Gotten The Mesage That People HATE TouchWiz?

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Intimidating? Oh, it's not. If I could do it a 3-year-old could. Really.

♻from the n.3 controller????????????

Uh...ok...looks complicated. Maybe I'll DL Nova/Apex/Whatever and practice on my clunker before I get this one. BTW...yours looks really sharp, that mono-tone is a nice break from the tutti fruity stuff we see all the time.

BTW...If you f-up the UI, can you un-f-it up?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Even the AA review makes mention of just how toned down it is which is saying something. most of the well known reviewers always have some editorial comment about the heavy TouchWiz footprint and cartoonish appearance but not so much in this case.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Uh...ok...looks complicated. Maybe I'll DL Nova/Apex/Whatever and practice on my clunker before I get this one. BTW...yours looks really sharp, that mono-tone is a nice break from the tutti fruity stuff we see all the time.

BTW...If you f-up the UI, can you un-f-it up?
Yes, with Nova you can make multiple independent backups... you could have 10 or more so you have one "normal" stock-ish looking setup and you could have another wild seat-of-your-pants setup and use whichever you were in the mood for. If you messed one layout up you could restore from that easily created-accessible backup. I and many others would be more than willing to assist, I'm sure.

♻from the n.3 controller🍶🍫

unashamedgeek

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Even the AA review makes mention of just how toned down it is which is saying something. most of the well known reviewers always have some editorial comment about the heavy TouchWiz footprint and cartoonish appearance but not so much in this case.

It looks fast, but still looks cartoonish in every review so far. I'm hoping their theme engine upgrades to give more control over what parts you are changing so you can mix and match them.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
It looks fast, but still looks cartoonish in every review so far. I'm hoping their theme engine upgrades to give more control over what parts you are changing so you can mix and match them.

That's what has me jazzed about the device is performance and customization potential with all the changes and improvements.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Yes, with Nova you can make multiple independent backups... you could have 10 or more so you have one "normal" stock-ish looking setup and you could have another wild seat-of-your-pants setup and use whichever you were in the mood for. If you messed one layout up you could restore from that easily created-accessible backup. I and many others would be more than willing to assist, I'm sure.

♻from the n.3 controller????????????

I DL'd it this evening, I think I'd have been better off ordering a book in French LOL.

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
Back when I used to build Custom Roms for old WM, I would build them as stripped down as possible.
They were always quick and stable.
Obviously, some things baked in are required, but leave it as lean as possible.
Then each user can install only what they want or need.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Back when I used to build Custom Roms for old WM, I would build them as stripped down as possible.
They were always quick and stable.
Obviously, some things baked in are required, but leave it as lean as possible.
Then each user can install only what they want or need.
Reminds me of stock android. ...or a salad with only romaine lettuce. Many people want just that.

📐♻from the sliq side with the n.Edge✒🍫

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude