Has Samsung FINALLY Gotten The Mesage That People HATE TouchWiz?

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Recent reports suggest that this may, indeed, be the case as the word is that the S6 will come with a minimalist TW which is actually quite close to vanilla android (lollipop).

GOOD RIDDANCE!!!! Now the real power of Samsung's hardware can shine through. Say goodbye to the notorious "Samsung lag."

Samsung Galaxy S6 to Feature Improved, Lightweight TouchWiz UI: Report | NDTV Gadgets

New details about Samsung's Galaxy S6 smartphone, expected to launch at MWC next month, have surfaced. As per the new details, the new Samsung flagship will feature a toned down TouchWiz UI, while another report has claimed that mass production of the Galaxy S6 will start next month.
A business publication from Korea claims that the company is planning to remove unpopular and unnecessary apps from the TouchWiz UI to "reduce the capacity of system memory." It also stressed that the company is focusing on improving its function by "strengthening core features."

An industry source noted, "We are aiming to get rid of unnecessary functions and simplify our UI at the level of Google's Nexus 6." The source however did not offer any further insight on the new UI expected on the Samsung Galaxy S6.

Considering that Samsung has been facing user outrage for eating up inbuilt storage with its proprietary TouchWiz UI and other bloatware, the reported move to reduce the memory footprint on its flagship handset is definitely good news for Samsung phone buffs.

Another report (via GforGames) emerging from Korea has tipped that Samsung plans to start mass production of its flagship handset by next month. It also adds that the worldwide release of the Samsung Galaxy S6 might happen only after MWC - early March.

The report also cites an industry insider who contradicts and goes on to claim that Samsung already kicked off the mass-production in Vietnam.

Further, cementing the fact that Samsung has already started volume production of its next flagship handset, a report earlier this month claimed that the company showcased the Galaxy S6 only to select partners and not consumers at the CES 2015.

Notably, the source corroborated earlier leaks and suggested that the Galaxy S6 will feature a 'dual-edge' display.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I'll still install Nova as one of the first things I do on a new phone, Samsung or any other. (And if Samsung doesn't stop welding the bootloader shut, it won't matter to me because I won't buy another Samsung.)

Jdroids

May 7, 2012
Visit site
This is good news indeed that TW will get even lighter, slimmer. Honestly I don't know what's so bad about TW on my S5. After turning off s-voice, my magazine and some other bloats, it's fairly speedy with minimal lags. Of course, it's better to not have those in the first place. I'm more concerned about metal unibody thing that will seal the battery.

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Samsung would be much better off to tone down TW, certainly some people are okay with it and for the most part it "works" but all of the crappy bloatware is the major issue.

I say still have those apps but have them available for download from the play store not mandatory on the phone.

ab2c4

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
They should just release it as basically like the Google Play edition with minimal additions. If they did I would probably buy it.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon367353

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
They should just release it as basically like the Google Play edition with minimal additions. If they did I would probably buy it.

As if Google play editions are flying off the shelf in millions!! And how many countries actually have google play edition phones (just think before you comment).

Seriously, if you think decline in sales as the criteria, then we can also say people hate stock Android even more. If Chinese/Indian low-cost vendors are selling more phones, it doesn't mean people are loving stock/Nexus devices. It simply means people are moving from low/mid level Samsung phones to even lower-priced vendors.

1] Why isn't Nexus gaining in sales if stock android was the answer?
2] Why Xiaomi is outselling other vendors when it's using a MIUI and not stock? on what angle do you find MIUI similar to stock?
3] Why Sony/HTC are declining in sales/profit every year if their software is so good?

It's just a matter of bang-for-buck equation in low/mid tier market where losing market. Every phone is decent now, and they are like commodity. So the only way companies can play this game is providing better value for money (a scenario similar to PC market). Hence the reason why sales are down. It's not about TW/stock like people are speculating. Nobody cares about stock.

Let me repeat that again - nobody cares about stock Android (well, 99% of people don't). For rest 1%, you have Nexus.

ickymini

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I'll be totally excited if they're planning on fixing it or tweak it. but i guess we will have to see what they're bringing to the table.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Would be great if TW got a nice overhaul. It's a great time for Samsung to revamp the hardware and software of their Galaxy line. Could be a really exciting device.

Mobile World Congress this year will be pretty awesome. Expecting to see 3 big flagships, the Galaxy S6, One M9 and Xperia Z4.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Would be great if TW got a nice overhaul. It's a great time for Samsung to revamp the hardware and software of their Galaxy line. Could be a really exciting device.

Mobile World Congress this year will be pretty awesome. Expecting to see 3 big flagships, the Galaxy S6, One M9 and Xperia Z4.

Can't believe they're on the Z4 already. Feels like every 3 months they announce another one.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Lollipop 5.0.2

HiiPower

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Eh. I think that the average consumers who are buying the Galaxy Line would hardly notice the switch from TW to AOSP. They are happy with TW in the first place after all, lol.

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Don't forget that the only people that even know it's called touchwiz and that there is a vanilla/stock android os out there are the 0.000005% of total galaxy users on these enthusiast sites. If Samsung is changing and stripping out most of their stuff, it's certainly not because of people complaining about touchwiz.

12MaNy

Regional Leg Breaker
Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
As if Google play editions are flying off the shelf in millions!! And how many countries actually have google play edition phones (just think before you comment).

Seriously, if you think decline in sales as the criteria, then we can also say people hate stock Android even more. If Chinese/Indian low-cost vendors are selling more phones, it doesn't mean people are loving stock/Nexus devices. It simply means people are moving from low/mid level Samsung phones to even lower-priced vendors.

1] Why isn't Nexus gaining in sales if stock android was the answer?
2] Why Xiaomi is outselling other vendors when it's using a MIUI and not stock? on what angle do you find MIUI similar to stock?
3] Why Sony/HTC are declining in sales/profit every year if their software is so good?

It's just a matter of bang-for-buck equation in low/mid tier market where losing market. Every phone is decent now, and they are like commodity. So the only way companies can play this game is providing better value for money (a scenario similar to PC market). Hence the reason why sales are down. It's not about TW/stock like people are speculating. Nobody cares about stock.

Let me repeat that again - nobody cares about stock Android (well, 99% of people don't). For rest 1%, you have Nexus.

1. Specs. People go retarded over specs

2. MIUI is alot more customizable than TW

3. Their (overrated) skinned versions of Android are no match for the barrage of upcoming new manufacturers who are climbing the market by selling same spec devices for alot less money.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I do like ir remote and s pen but also prefer vanilla android. Samsung could put that software on playstore though and all9w end user to decide.

pappcam

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I have no idea why anyone here who has some deep rooted "hate" for TouchWiz would even consider buying a Samsung phone or even more inexplicably purchase one and then complain after the fact. There's a lot of choice when it comes to smartphones nowadays so why buy something you don't want in the first place?

I have no problem with TW but I use Nova as my launcher as I like the customizing I can do.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I have no idea why anyone here who has some deep rooted "hate" for TouchWiz would even consider buying a Samsung phone or even more inexplicably purchase one and then complain after the fact. There's a lot of choice when it comes to smartphones nowadays so why buy something you don't want in the first place?

I have no problem with TW but I use Nova as my launcher as I like the customizing I can do.
See my post above yours. Love the hardware. Would like to choose which features to use up processor.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary