Specs on the S6

Porkchopexpress1969

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
So is this phone pretty much set for no removable battery and no MicroSD slot? If that is the case, then moving from my Iphone 5 to the S6 is a no go. Not so much the battery, but the SD slot. I might have to move to the Note 4, but worried about that also that is 32bit and with lollipop, they might not update it as the 64 bit version. Hate to get a phone that might not be supported much from an OS level. And i'm just reading articles on it.

Sort of new to the Android eco system, and I like it so far, even bought a Samsung Tab 3 8.0 love it.

Robert.

Porkchopexpress1969

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
I am in the same boat, I was really looking forward to the S6, Cant wait to get rid of my iphone. But no SD slot or battery no thank you. Now looking at Note 4 but worried about it due to a support level with 32 bit processor. And the heard the Note 5 again no removable battery or SD Slot. Sigh.

cav22

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I would be amazed if Samsung went no removable battery with the S6. It would alienate many of their existing customer base that is on the S4 and looking to upgrade with 2 year contracts running out. They would like to retain those customers while adding some from their apple competitor. Have faith that Samsung wont make those major mistakes. There are ways around a metal casing and the antennas. Wait for MWC to scream the sky is falling...

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I would be amazed if Samsung went no removable battery with the S6. It would alienate many of their existing customer base that is on the S4 and looking to upgrade with 2 year contracts running out. They would like to retain those customers while adding some from their apple competitor. Have faith that Samsung wont make those major mistakes. There are ways around a metal casing and the antennas. Wait for MWC to scream the sky is falling...

And I can't see them not having a SD Card slot.

craZDude

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Huh, interesting video. It doesn't really look like a real phone though, but everything else is more or less believable. Anyone have any other thoughts?

Posted via the Android Central App

cav22

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
If someone could confirm that video it would be interesting. But I have concerns about the dual rounded edge display. Like when I am holding the phone how do I keep from hitting buttons on the rounded edge. It looks nice but time will tell...

am1480

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
So, as I sit and wait for the S6 to arrive, I am becoming more and more less a fan from the information I am reading about it. I must find out if the following are fact or fiction; Unable to remove the battery, no SD card capability, and if the video which I just viewed, which shows information on the edge of a beveled glass is factual, then I am going for the Note4. The information on that beveled glass, I don't see how you can get a case for it that wouldn't hinder the information.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
So, as I sit and wait for the S6 to arrive, I am becoming more and more less a fan from the information I am reading about it. I must find out if the following are fact or fiction; Unable to remove the battery, no SD card capability, and if the video which I just viewed, which shows information on the edge of a beveled glass is factual, then I am going for the Note4. The information on that beveled glass, I don't see how you can get a case for it that wouldn't hinder the information.

When Samsung announces the S6 all your questions will be answered.

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Right. Nobody in these forums is going to be able confirm or deny the rumored specs of the S6. The only people who truly know the specs are Samsung employees and they aren't going to leak them, at least not this early out. We will all have to wait until we get closer to Samsung's announcement.

I'm OK with the current round of rumors except the lack of an SD card. I upgrade my phone once a year so the lack of a removable battery really doesn't bother me. I don't need it to last for 2-3 years and I've been fine with my S5's battery life so I haven't purchased a spare battery for traveling. The SD card is a killer feature for me though. I had a 64GB iPhone 5 before getting my S5 and I will never, ever, ever go back to a smartphone without an SD card. I hated cycling through my music, always having to sync new stuff onto it and remove older songs. I hated syncing photos back to my PC once a week just to free up space, I hated cycling through apps, and I hated having to restore my phone once every 2 weeks simply because the "Other" data was taking up precious space. Nope, I will never buy a smartphone without an SD card slot. I wouldn't buy a 128GB fixed capacity phone (way too expensive) when I already have a 128GB microSDXC card.

But we will see what Samsung does. I am also going to keep an eye out on HTC with their rumored M9 and M9 Max (or whatever they are going to call it), the bigger version of the M9. It's too bad Sony released the Experia Z3 only a few months ago, a Z4 around now would have been nice.

Vanco333

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Video is fake and not official. There are several things that are different that what all the current rumors are. ie. processor, screen size, RAM, etc.

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
If the SD card goes, will we still be able to use an on the go (OTG) cable to store and transfer music and pictures, etc?

Porkchopexpress1969

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
Not sure. If the SD card goes I will be moving to the Note 4. The whole reason for me dumping Apple was the SD feature. Another article from ValueWalk .com

Other unlikely features of the Galaxy S6 include micro-SD support and a battery capacity which is likely to top 3,000mAh. There are also murmurings that the Korean Corporation is currently beavering away in order to produce add-on back panels. These are said to offer extra functionality to the Galaxy S6, and include a device which is able to transform the rear casing of the smartphone into an e-book reader. Other potential functionality related to this innovative panelling will enable S Health features to be transmuted to the back of the device.

More suggestion that the SD card is gone.

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
So is this phone pretty much set for no removable battery and no MicroSD slot? If that is the case, then moving from my Iphone 5 to the S6 is a no go. Not so much the battery, but the SD slot. I might have to move to the Note 4, but worried about that also that is 32bit and with lollipop, they might not update it as the 64 bit version. Hate to get a phone that might not be supported much from an OS level. And i'm just reading articles on it.

Sort of new to the Android eco system, and I like it so far, even bought a Samsung Tab 3 8.0 love it.

Robert.
Removable battery and MicroSD slot are the two features that save sammy's **** from the fruit.
Who said the S6 will eliminate those features? I don't think Samsung have said any thing about that.

Porkchopexpress1969

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
Not sure the Note series will keep it either. Sound like the whole "SD support" is getting phased out. For new faster on-board memory. And for the life of me I cannot find the article. sigh.......

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21