What would be a deal breaker for you in getting the Galaxy S6?

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
My only possible deal breaker would probably be the camera quality. If the camera sucks, especially for night time shots, then I MIGHT stick with my Xperia Z3. I know Samsung isn't well known for night time shots, but I want to see some improvement

What are possible deal breakers for you guys?

Examples:
- Not waterproof
- No removable battery

alkezi

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
My only possible deal breaker would probably be the camera quality. If the camera sucks, especially for night time shots, then I MIGHT stick with my Xperia Z3. I know Samsung isn't well known for night time shots, but I want to see some improvement

What are possible deal breakers for you guys?

Examples:
- Not waterproof
- No removable battery

No removable battery is a deal breaker for me

Posted via the Android Central App

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
No removable battery is a deal breaker for me

Posted via the Android Central App

Really? why is that?
Thats what I said at first too, but when I got the Xperia Z3 (no removable battery). I realized it wasn't a big deal, though I personally prefer a removable battery

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to see a complete revamp of both the hardware and software. Hardware I'd like to see a fresh new nicer design, front speakers if possible, premium materials. Just a nice looking and feeling device. Oh and no flaps. For Touchwiz I'd like it stripped back of useless/not properly functioning features, a complete revamp moving away from the colour scheme and layout it currently has. A super fast/smooth experience that HTC phones have.

With the declining sales of the Galaxy line, I hope Samsung really pull through with a fresh new exciting phone.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I have absolutely no plans to get the S6 (as I'd have to sell one of my Notes to get it...ain't gonna happen). However, were I planning on getting it the deal breaker would be if it didn't have a removable battery and/or couldn't accept an 128GB SD card.

from the venerable Note 3π

Senden

May 31, 2011
Visit site
For me mainly the design and build quality. The s5 has to be the ugliest touch screen era phone I've seen, I don't know who is worse, the designer for designing it, or the higher ups who gave it a thumbs up. After owning the s2 and s4, I want my next phone to feel like a flagship phone in my hand and looking on in envy at what HTC have been doing, Samsung need to step up their game. Looking at some of their last phones with the design and that edge thing, I think they might pull it off.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
For me mainly the design and build quality. The s5 has to be the ugliest touch screen era phone I've seen, I don't know who is worse, the designer for designing it, or the higher ups who gave it a thumbs up. After owning the s2 and s4, I want my next phone to feel like a flagship phone in my hand and looking on in envy at what HTC have been doing, Samsung need to step up their game. Looking at some of their last phones with the design and that edge thing, I think they might pull it off.
I think we'll see an S6 with design cues from the Alpha, Note 4, and Edge. So, if those phones are attractive to you, from an aesthetic standpoint, I think you'll be safe with the S6.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I a word: LAG. And the S5 has plenty of it. If it's not essentially completely eliminated in the S6, there's an HTC M9 in my very near future.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I wish the designed changed as well... According to the leaked pics it looks more like the Alpha which is a better thing, but we will see once it's officially announced

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I still have a S5 but use the Turbo now. I also picked up a LG G3 so the S5 isn't seeing any use. After using the Turbo and dabbling with the G3, I can honestly say I don't miss TouchWhiz in the slightest. Once you use another device minus it, you can really see the difference.

I am going to give the S6 a look and was hoping from front speakers like the M7/M8 but I don't see that happening. I'm also going to be peeking at the M9 and see how the two compare.

A removable battery isn't a big deal for me but it should have the SD support - something missing from the Turbo.

I think the batteries will increase in each device and really like the battery with the Turbo. As long as I can make it a day without having to cripple the device to get that, I'll be happy.

Fit and finish is a biggie too.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I still have a S5 but use the Turbo now. I also picked up a LG G3 so the S5 isn't seeing any use. After using the Turbo and dabbling with the G3, I can honestly say I don't miss TouchWhiz in the slightest. Once you use another device minus it, you can really see the difference.

I am going to give the S6 a look and was hoping from front speakers like the M7/M8 but I don't see that happening. I'm also going to be peeking at the M9 and see how the two compare.

A removable battery isn't a big deal for me but it should have the SD support - something missing from the Turbo.

I think the batteries will increase in each device and really like the battery with the Turbo. As long as I can make it a day without having to cripple the device to get that, I'll be happy.

Fit and finish is a biggie too.
Can you change the font on the Turbo without rooting it? That's one thing TouchWiz has going for it that is HUGE for me...hate the stock android font with a passion and I disrespect it with every opportunity I get.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Can you change the font on the Turbo without rooting it? That's one thing TouchWiz has going for it that is HUGE for me...hate the stock android font with a passion and I disrespect it with every opportunity I get.

I haven't tried to change it from what is offered out of the box but you get several to choose from.

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I have avoided Samsung phones since the S4. The design is boring and Samsung is trying to hard to be like Apple. I am also not a fan of the home button and hoped that would disappear.

The only thing that will draw me in is minimal TW and dual edge screen.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I have avoided Samsung phones since the S4. The design is boring and Samsung is trying to hard to be like Apple. I am also not a fan of the home button and hoped that would disappear.

The only thing that will draw me in is minimal TW and dual edge screen.

I agree the "ho-hum" design is getting stale.

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I agree the "ho-hum" design is getting stale.

And even with the leaked designs, it's still basically the same thing. The battery will also be a deal breaker if its 2400-2600mah. I've had the Maxx and N6 and still have a G3 and Z3V and got rid of the 2nd Gen Moto X because I've been spoiled with the all day battery life.

Porkchopexpress1969

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
Was planning getting the S6, but after ready countless rumors of Samsung getting rid of the SD I will not be buying it. I will most likely go with the Note 4. Battery is removal is nice, but not a deal breaker for me. SD is.

TENYKS

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
in order of importance:

1 must still use Micro SIM cards (no other sizes)
2 must have MicroSDXC card slot
3 must have removable battery
4- must have bigger screen then current S5(even if slightly)
5 must run faster than iPhone 6
6 must have better camera than iPhone 6
7 must have cheaper price(I bought my Galaxy S5 three week after release for only $0... $49 minus Best Buy gift card)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1