What would be a deal breaker for you in getting the Galaxy S6?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Why anyone would consciously continue to use the TouchWiz (or any other OEM) launcher when Nova, Apex, Google, Go, etc. offer better alternatives kinda baffles me.

from the 🔪 Note Edge✒

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
If one said Nova prime is only a launcher, then he/she hasn't used or don't know how to utilize all the features. Here is one of many features of Nova Launcher.
cd3aade3b095adb28987c548719856fa.jpg

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
But Nova Launcher is, in the end, just a launcher. The gestures you posted are for accessing apps and other features. Nova doesn't change the Settings menu, it doesn't get rid of the top pull down menu, and it doesn't get rid of TouchWiz. As nice as Nova is, it is still just a launcher. A very packed launcher but a launcher nonetheless.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
For me no removable battery and no SD card slot would be deal breakers. If my battery dies I want to just swap it out.

It's so annoying have to use the bulky mophie case on my iPhone 6+. I love that it adds battery life but I'm not a fan of the bulk.

To me removable batteries and SD cards are selling points to android. You can't and won't ever get those with iOS and apple. It's sad that Samsung is the last hold out.

Posted via the Android Central App

My Android sucks

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Not that I'll even think of getting the S6 (very happy with my S5) but if I were to consider it, the top deal breakers would be as many others have said

1) No removable battery
2) No expandable memory
3) No IP rating

But I doubt these will not be implemented, as these are some of Samsung's key advantages over other smartphones.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
For me no removable battery and no SD card slot would be deal breakers. If my battery dies I want to just swap it out.

It's so annoying have to use the bulky mophie case on my iPhone 6+. I love that it adds battery life but I'm not a fan of the bulk.

To me removable batteries and SD cards are selling points to android. You can't and won't ever get those with iOS and apple. It's sad that Samsung is the last hold out.

Be fair. The iPhone 6+ does indeed have very epic battery life. At least mine does. I see no need for a battery case for that phone.

from the 🔪 Note Edge✒

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Be fair. The iPhone 6+ does indeed have very epic battery life. At least mine does. I see no need for a battery case for that phone.

from the ?????? Note Edge✒

Not saying it doesn't have good battery life, I realize I am not the typical user. Just saying that removable batteries are one reason why I like Samsung's phones, as they are one of the few Android oems that still offer them.

Coney718

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
No SD card slot will be a deal breaker for me. One of the reasons I wanted to move from iPhone to Android is for the expandable memory. and they definitely need camera improvements especially in low light conditions.

kansasandroid1

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I haven't owned a Samsung phone since the S3, because they have always seemed boring to me. I have played around with my dads S5 and it just lags all over the place. It was ugly and cheap looking. Two things they need to do Revamp their hardware and Software. I'm not asking for them to remove Touch wiz just tone it down. Phones with the specs they have should not lag like that. Then they need to change that design. I still have no idea what they were doing with the S5. The Note 4 is a huge step forward as far as design. Samsung needs to stop trying so hard, and fix the basic things

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
You (and many others it seems) are not clear on what Nova is or isn't . It is NOT a replacement for TW, it's just another skin over it. It does not take TW out of the loop, it just refines the end user experience in certain graphics/layout areas. The entire phone's OS is still TW even after you've installed Nova. TW is and will remain the cause of Samsung phone's horrible lagging problems until they (e.g. Samsung) strip it down or completely eliminate it. BTW, I use Nova as well but PLEASE, be under no illussions, it most certainly does not take TW out of the system. In fact, because it's really just another layer on top of it, it probably slows the phone even more.
Who said Nova took out TW from the system? Anyone?
If there is a tool available that will make my life easier, I'll use it. Simple as that.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Nova DOES completely remove TouchWiz' impact on performance though... the TouchWiz launcher. I couldn't care less about the look of the settings menus but TouchWiz looks no worse or better there to me than stock Android.

from a dark Note 4📡

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Completely? No, that's too strong of a word. Using another launcher does help with most performance issues caused by TouchWiz but not all of them. I've had the phone dialer stutter on me, that's a product of TouchWiz. The pull down menu sometimes stutters, another aspect of TouchWiz.

3rd party launcher do help a lot with general performance and clear out a good chunk of issues caused by TouchWiz, it's not a full system overhaul though.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Completely? No, that's too strong of a word. Using another launcher does help with most performance issues caused by TouchWiz but not all of them. I've had the phone dialer stutter on me, that's a product of TouchWiz. The pull down menu sometimes stutters, another aspect of TouchWiz.

3rd party launcher do help a lot with general performance and clear out a good chunk of issues caused by TouchWiz, it's not a full system overhaul though.
You may be right, I was only comparing the Samsung phones I've experienced with the Nexus 5 and Nexus 6 I've experienced and the Nova'd Nexus phones certainly weren't any smoother, stutter, or lag-free than the Nova'd Samsungs.

from the venerable Note 3π 📱

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
No removable battery! This is a deal breaker! No SD card... a very near deal breaker!

I travel and having a spare battery and one I could replace with a new one when battery is weak and dying... is VERY important to me.

Jdroids

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I wonder how many people with Galaxy phones are actually swapping the battery in the middle of day or even within an year. I guess not so many. Also there is new rumor of S6 coming with built-in Qi charging capability. So if this is true, it might relieve concern for non-removable battery.

New rumors state Galaxy S6 will offer wireless charging - GSMArena.com news

But no sd card slot would be real bad. I hope they wouldn't be that silly to do that.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
A propos of nothing to do with the S6 - I just accidentally discovered with Nova it has a second bottom dock available that swipes across independently. Holy Moly!

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I have 3 Homescreens set (pretty basic).
When I moved the dock it has two dots so I guess that's the max, and it came with another apps icon.

On Edit: Not sure what you mean.

Last edited:

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I have 3 Homescreens set (pretty basic).
When I moved the dock it has two dots so I guess that's the max, and it came with another apps icon.

On Edit: Not sure what you mean.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/12/63f5cbf3587068ab92b7a08029a5cda3.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/12/ae2a7938ee8bdd0e623f97b479f99e78.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/12/02008f5e69e0e5e0740bfa0babcac435.jpg

Dock pages it looks like. If you go into the Nova settings for the dock you can set up even more.

• from the i6+ 🐜

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12