Best Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Galaxy S6?

toy4x

May 2, 2011
Visit site
You are talking about the Verizon brand correct? Mind posting a picture of the position they installed it? This is mine installed and two different employees told me that if I positioned it lower it would make the finger print scanner harder to read on the home button. View attachment 174414

I don't have anything to take pic with right now. .. but mine is way lower than yours. .. just a smidgen over the home button, and the left and right go below the home button.

Sent from my Samsung S6

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
You are talking about the Verizon brand correct? Mind posting a picture of the position they installed it? This is mine installed and two different employees told me that if I positioned it lower it would make the finger print scanner harder to read on the home button. View attachment 174414

Whoever installed that did an awful job doing so. Its so far over to the right and too high. I know they said they did it high for a reason but that's unacceptable IMO. I swear there is a slight halo on your right side due to it.

toy4x

May 2, 2011
Visit site
^ that's the same one the BB employee has trouble installing on mine... Went through 7 of them and not one went on without bubbles.

Sent from my Samsung S6

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
^ that's the same one the BB employee has trouble installing on mine... Went through 7 of them and not one went on without bubbles.

Sent from my Samsung S6

Zagg Glass has been shown to install just fine. But again, with the 2D display, it's all about perfection with the alignment. The Galaxy Note 4 had the same issue.

little09

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Damn.
Some photo that i caught my attention.
Never mention about bluelight filter put em between layers on one screen protection.
Note* you will see top right corner, bluelight eye guard
Had ya all try it yet?

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 4561.jpg
    4561.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 276
  • 4560.jpg
    4560.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 274

dmlv

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I just had the zagg glass installed tonight. Fits perfect and looks great.
I'm was always 50/50 on even using one but a colleague of mine literally dropped his iph 6+ yesterday getting out of his car. He was parked next to a curb and his ph hit that first. Shattered right in the middle but when he removed it his screen was like nothing happened. Not even a scratch as he had a tech 21 on it also.
Needless to say I went w him to the zagg kiosk tonight when we got his warranty replacement to get one for myself.

laveet

May 3, 2015
Visit site
Spigen glass and laveet glass for S6 both are my favorite,yet laveet launched more items say 0.3mm,0.4mm,full-body glass and anti-spy glass,meanwhile the price is much affordable. In fact,most of the glass of 9H hardness and which is much enough hard for the safety of your screen,just depends on your impression on their brand.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I just had the zagg glass installed tonight. Fits perfect and looks great.
I'm was always 50/50 on even using one but a colleague of mine literally dropped his iph 6+ yesterday getting out of his car. He was parked next to a curb and his ph hit that first. Shattered right in the middle but when he removed it his screen was like nothing happened. Not even a scratch as he had a tech 21 on it also.
Needless to say I went w him to the zagg kiosk tonight when we got his warranty replacement to get one for myself.

Give us some pictures.

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
+1 on the Zagg, fits beautifully and is as close to edge to edge as you can get. It has no haloing and covers the entire screen.

If I were to find a con, I would prefer the home button to be a fitted cutout instead of having the whole bottom missing. Otherwise, it's a great screen protector and easily worth the money.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
+1 on the Zagg, fits beautifully and is as close to edge to edge as you can get. It has no haloing and covers the entire screen.

If I were to find a con, I would prefer the home button to be a fitted cutout instead of having the whole bottom missing. Otherwise, it's a great screen protector and easily worth the money.

Where are the pictures?

Zoostation

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I had planned on going with the Zagg but went with the Verizon one. I don't see any haloing but I do have a tiny air bubble in middle of the screen. I do wish it extended just a smidge further to the edges though.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
So I went into Best Buy today and had them out on a Zagg tempered glass HD screen protector today.

The first three attempts failed with lint and air bubbles. Fourth try kinda worked, but an hour later the bubbles hadn't gone away so I went back and had them try again.

They had their "pro" try this time. Took him another three attempts, but he got it nearly perfect finally. He said he'd never had one of these be so difficult to put on without bubbles or lint under it.

It looks and feels fabulous! I actually like how it feels better than the S6 screen alone. Feels easier to type and swype and just feels good in my fingers.

I also like how it raises the glass above the home button. It feels much nicer than with it above the glass as is normal.

The guy said there's a little halo effect that he couldn't get rid of. I can't tell, I just really like this so far.

Attachments

• lh4.googleusercontent.jpg
    lh4.googleusercontent.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 58
  • lh4.googleusercontent.jpg
    lh4.googleusercontent.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 59

dirt4444

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone with a Zagg Or Verizon protector had problems with hairline scratches? I just had a new Verizon one installed 3 days ago and I already have a few hairline scratches that are very noticeable. I am extremely careful with my phone and when I'm not using it, it's in my pocket.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone with a Zagg Or Verizon protector had problems with hairline scratches? I just had a new Verizon one installed 3 days ago and I already have a few hairline scratches that are very noticeable. I am extremely careful with my phone and when I'm not using it, it's in my pocket.

I've used Zagg Glass on an S5 and the Verizon protector on an S5/Droid Turbo and no issues. Do you keep them in an empty pocket?

dirt4444

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I've used Zagg Glass on an S5 and the Verizon protector on an S5/Droid Turbo and no issues. Do you keep them in an empty pocket?

Yes I do, I'm thinking the quality of Verizon's screen protector is just poor. Probably will try to return it and get a Zagg.