Best Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Galaxy S6?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Otterbox will have one for the GS6 but I have always found the one on the Defender though not tempered glass is just fine.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device

bogdaryl

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Best Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Galaxy S6

Otterbox Defender is a great case I agree but I usually rip out the screen protector and put on a Zagg glass or something along the same line. Always works well for me. I'm sure a tempered glass back will be available. But back to the post I will probably get a Zagg Glass or Spigen tempered glass. I really like that Zagg has replacement for about $5 shipped.

ahj4513

May 23, 2014
Visit site

They could make a clear protective cover which makes the back flush.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Otterbox Defender is a great case I agree but I usually rip out the screen protector and put on a Zagg glass or something along the same line. Always works well for me. I'm sure a tempered glass back will be available. But back to the post I will probably get a Zagg Glass or Spigen tempered glass. I really like that Zagg has replacement for about $5 shipped.

I believe that Otterbox has a tempered glass screen protector.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

They could make a clear protective cover which makes the back flush.

A thick piece of tempered glass...but that would be heavy. I still kinda like the idea.

G3 📱🍭

ahj4513

May 23, 2014
Visit site

A thick piece of tempered glass...but that would be heavy. I still kinda like the idea.

G3 📱🍭

It can be light engineering plastic. Tempered glass is polymer too :)

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

It can be light engineering plastic. Tempered glass is polymer too :)

Never used a tempered glass protector. How is the responsiveness compared to the plastic ones.?

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

Never used a tempered glass protector. How is the responsiveness compared to the plastic ones.?
I'd say better. I can't tell any difference from the regular screen when using a tempered glass protector. It also feels just like the normal screen.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

I'd say better. I can't tell any difference from the regular screen when using a tempered glass protector. It also feels just like the normal screen.

Based upon what I have seen, they are pricey.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

The ones I've used never cost more than 50 installed. To me that's not much to nicely protect $700+ devices.

G3 📱🍭

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

A Defender case costs $50 USD+. Wow!!! $100 USD for Defender case and Tempered Glass Protector. Yikes!!!

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

To me, it's worth the price increase. You can get them as low as 10 bucks though so it's not that terrible.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

If I end up with the GS6, the screen protector on the Defender should be fine.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Having has the Defender case on a number of devices, I can say with confidence that the lip around the bezels is prominent enough to protect against a face first drop. If you are getting a case with a much slimmer profile then the tempered glass or polymer screen protectors are worth the added expense .

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

I think I will recommed ivoler tempered glass screen protecor.I once used ivoler glass screen protector for my Moto Droid Turb, and feels great and does the job 100%. I also installed it flawlessly with minimal effort. I'm very picky and I'm totally happy with this.Above all, I can see no haloes in the screen protector, so I beleive that the manufacture have Strict Quality Control.

iVoler has poor quality control. I tried 3 of them on the Turbo and it lifts on all edges. Each install lined up the same but varied in the severity of lifting. The 2D display is the cause of this and I think the S6 may have this too. The main issue is the protector is cut to large more than anything else. The only Tempered Glass that I've found that works on the Turbo is the Verizon Tempered Glass. Feels like glass too and no lift because its cut shorter.

*My Verizon protector is flawless and 100% dust free. This is the norm for me so any flaws I see are generally the fault of the protectors design.

Zagg will be your best bet. They will modify their protector if people have lifting issues.

NYVET

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

Zagg. But even the in-store product they sell works great, have the glass screen protector for my Note 4, in-store for $25. Whichever one you get, definitely get the tempered glass screen protector. If the best protection you can get for your screen.

Posted via the Android Central App

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Once you use Glass, you won't want a plastic one any longer. Just go with a name brand and don't mess around with the knock offs.

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site

Once you use Glass, you won't want a plastic one any longer. Just go with a name brand and don't mess around with the knock offs.

This!

Used to use Zagg plastic screen protectors on all my phones (BB 8900, HTC Incredible, HTC Thunderbolt, Moto RAZR Maxx, HTC One.) But when I got my Note 3 I got an iloome glass screen protector ($20) and I'm never going back to plastic. The feel alone is worth it. Seriously feels like there isn't anything there. On my Note 4 I ended up getting a Bear Motion screen protector ($8). Cheaper but just as nice.

corye

May 30, 2010
Visit site

iVoler has poor quality control. I tried 3 of them on the Turbo and it lifts on all edges. Each install lined up the same but varied in the severity of lifting. The 2D display is the cause of this and I think the S6 may have this too. The main issue is the protector is cut to large more than anything else. The only Tempered Glass that I've found that works on the Turbo is the Verizon Tempered Glass. Feels like glass too and no lift because its cut shorter.

*My Verizon protector is flawless and 100% dust free. This is the norm for me so any flaws I see are generally the fault of the protectors design.

Zagg will be your best bet. They will modify their protector if people have lifting issues.

Sucks to hear about your bad experience with iVoler. I'm tempted to give them a shot, though. Unless I'm mistaken, this looks to be a tempered glass protector for the front and the back for $4 with free shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UCZE3SI...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4287558

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci