Anyone here Upgrading to Galaxy S6?

Coney718

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
If most of the rumors are true im definitely upgrading. Been waiting for a Samsung with a metal build, well placed speakers and toned down TW. Cant wait.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm waiting to see how they tone down TW. If they cut out some of the crap, I may be in for an S6. Spigen has been helping them out - being that I got a case and screen protectors for an S6 for $2 total. Got two codes just randomly emailed to me in the last week.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm waiting to see how they tone down TW. If they cut out some of the crap, I may be in for an S6. Spigen has been helping them out - being that I got a case and screen protectors for an S6 for $2 total. Got two codes just randomly emailed to me in the last week.

There were two more from yesterday - I missed those.

luzgemacht

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I had the sprint galaxy s5 but... for just 2 days, until i realized that they went a step back and the device does not support data over voice, i immediately sold my device on ebay and went back to the beloved s4, so I'm definitely anxious to see what they'll offer now

Posted via the Android Central App

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Much as i love my Xperia Z3, Sony seems to be getting out of the mobile buisness, and while the HTC One M9 looks intriguing, and I always loved LG's rear buttons and tiny bezels, Samsung has basically become "the ecosystem" so to speak, if an accessory exists for anything, it exists for the Galaxy S line. I'm thinking there may be some benefit to conformity. Besides, those SAMOLED screens make movies look SOOO nice....

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
The gs6 looks like a beast of a phone but I already have a beast galaxy note edge so I'm pretty happy and I also have a gs4 that I like but I am a phone geek so might have to add it to my collection of 7 phones and counting

Posted via Android Central App

DHatcher44

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
I will not be upgrading from my s5 if it's anything like the rumors. I hear it will be 5.5 inches, that is way too large for me. I see from recent leaks that it also wont feature IP67 certification or removable battery or expandable memory. So far, it's a no from me, but I'm interested to see what they have in store for us on Sunday and I will definetly be watching.

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I will not be upgrading from my s5 if it's anything like the rumors. I hear it will be 5.5 inches, that is way too large for me. I see from recent leaks that it also wont feature IP67 certification or removable battery or expandable memory. So far, it's a no from me, but I'm interested to see what they have in store for us on Sunday and I will definetly be watching.

The new gs6 will have none of all the stuff you want so you might be better off with a note 4 like me haha

taft

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I've got an M7 that is out of warranty and has a cracked screen... Don't think it is worth it to pay the stupid high price to replace the screen, so I'm definitely looking to upgrade fast. The M9 looks like the same M8 design that I didn't like. LG G Flex 2 isn't playing so well with its battery and software. The G4 won't be out for a while. The Oneplus Two won't be out for a while.

I think my best option at this point is the S6. I've never been too interested in Touchwiz but, if the S6 has decent dev support, I think I may be willing to give it a go this time. It definitely also helps that the leaks are revealing a great looking phone.

Just one day to go until we get all the details.

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Dont get me wrong, the Note 4 is a beast of a phone. A lot of glitches and force closes for me. My swype keyboard freezes at least 2-3 times a day. Some 3rd party apps i have used since the S3 seem not to work as well on the Note 4. More of a personal preference for me grabbing the S6.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

http://youtu.be/5BvNHWQ-BiA

Check this link out to get you up to speed. Excluding the IP ratings, swappable battery and expandable storage, you will be missing a great device. Absent the screen real estate and s pen as well as maybe...the camera, the GS6 will outperform the GN4.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
The new gs6 will have none of all the stuff you want so you might be better off with a note 4 like me haha

So you don't want a higher resolution, more energy efficient screen, faster processor, DDR4 RAM, better camera, wireless charging and rapid charging. Better sounding external speaker. Yup. I can see how these features wouldn't be helpful.