03-22-2015 09:06 PM
79 1234
tools
    I had the sprint galaxy s5 but... for just 2 days, until i realized that they went a step back and the device does not support data over voice, i immediately sold my device on ebay and went back to the beloved s4, so I'm definitely anxious to see what they'll offer now

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-24-2015 07:21 AM
    Have a Note 4 currently that is 4 months old. Personally, an S6 will be a downgrade to me in my opinion.
    02-24-2015 08:15 AM
    There were two more from yesterday - I missed those.
    I got a Slim Armor case for $1 and the Ultra Crystal screen protectors for $1. Don't even know if I'll get the phone, but figured for 2 bucks, it was worth it.
    02-24-2015 08:24 AM
    Much as i love my Xperia Z3, Sony seems to be getting out of the mobile buisness, and while the HTC One M9 looks intriguing, and I always loved LG's rear buttons and tiny bezels, Samsung has basically become "the ecosystem" so to speak, if an accessory exists for anything, it exists for the Galaxy S line. I'm thinking there may be some benefit to conformity. Besides, those SAMOLED screens make movies look SOOO nice....
    Wildo6882 likes this.
    02-24-2015 09:25 AM
    The gs6 looks like a beast of a phone but I already have a beast galaxy note edge so I'm pretty happy and I also have a gs4 that I like but I am a phone geek so might have to add it to my collection of 7 phones and counting

Posted via Android Central App
    02-24-2015 09:57 PM
    If the Galaxy S6 will eliminate the support for Micro SD card I might think twice in upgrading
    02-25-2015 06:21 PM
    I will not be upgrading from my s5 if it's anything like the rumors. I hear it will be 5.5 inches, that is way too large for me. I see from recent leaks that it also wont feature IP67 certification or removable battery or expandable memory. So far, it's a no from me, but I'm interested to see what they have in store for us on Sunday and I will definetly be watching.

02-25-2015 08:15 PM
    I will not be upgrading from my s5 if it's anything like the rumors. I hear it will be 5.5 inches, that is way too large for me. I see from recent leaks that it also wont feature IP67 certification or removable battery or expandable memory. So far, it's a no from me, but I'm interested to see what they have in store for us on Sunday and I will definetly be watching.

The new gs6 will have none of all the stuff you want so you might be better off with a note 4 like me haha

02-27-2015 07:21 PM
    I've got an M7 that is out of warranty and has a cracked screen... Don't think it is worth it to pay the stupid high price to replace the screen, so I'm definitely looking to upgrade fast. The M9 looks like the same M8 design that I didn't like. LG G Flex 2 isn't playing so well with its battery and software. The G4 won't be out for a while. The Oneplus Two won't be out for a while.

I think my best option at this point is the S6. I've never been too interested in Touchwiz but, if the S6 has decent dev support, I think I may be willing to give it a go this time. It definitely also helps that the leaks are revealing a great looking phone.

Just one day to go until we get all the details.
    02-27-2015 11:13 PM
    I have a Note 4. Just not what I thought it would be so I'll be upgrading to an S6 for sure.
    What do you mean by this? I have read reviews that claim Note 4 is quite top notch but of course its better to hear some real user experiences with it.
    02-28-2015 01:04 AM
    Dont get me wrong, the Note 4 is a beast of a phone. A lot of glitches and force closes for me. My swype keyboard freezes at least 2-3 times a day. Some 3rd party apps i have used since the S3 seem not to work as well on the Note 4. More of a personal preference for me grabbing the S6.
    03-21-2015 12:55 PM

Check this link out to get you up to speed. Excluding the IP ratings, swappable battery and expandable storage, you will be missing a great device. Absent the screen real estate and s pen as well as maybe...the camera, the GS6 will outperform the GN4.
    03-21-2015 01:41 PM
    The new gs6 will have none of all the stuff you want so you might be better off with a note 4 like me haha

So you don't want a higher resolution, more energy efficient screen, faster processor, DDR4 RAM, better camera, wireless charging and rapid charging. Better sounding external speaker. Yup. I can see how these features wouldn't be helpful.
    03-21-2015 01:44 PM
    Have a Note 4 currently that is 4 months old. Personally, an S6 will be a downgrade to me in my opinion.

Try this video as well. Downgrade is not something most would agree with.
    03-21-2015 01:47 PM

Try this video as well. Downgrade is not something most would agree with.
    I could care less what you or anyone else for that matter think. To me, it's a downgrade. No removable battery, no SD card, no S-Pen, back glass a-la iPhone 4 to smash easily.

Thanks for playing though.
    03-21-2015 01:53 PM
    I could care less what you or anyone else for that matter think. To me, it's a downgrade. No removable battery, no SD card, no S-Pen, back glass a-la iPhone 4 to smash easily.

That's fine. To each his own.
    03-21-2015 02:03 PM

I am going to enjoy "playing". With more slimmed down TouchWiz and less Samsung bloat with a more unified and cleaner UI, will be enjoying more useable storage which along with external storage resources both on the cloud and hardrives. With a 64bit14 nm chipset, DDR4 RAM and UFS2.0 data storage, sure am going to enjoy the performance. Better firmware and a smaller battery are powering this device at levels comparable to its predecessor. Dual wireless charging standards built in, rapid charging and power banks mean plenty of uptime. No need to more accessories,for wireless charging. NFC and MST mobile,payment built right in. A better LTE radio will just add to my misery.
    03-21-2015 02:14 PM
    I am going to enjoy "playing". With more slimmed down TouchWiz and less Samsung bloat with a more unified and cleaner UI, will be enjoying more useable storage which along with external storage resources both on the cloud and hardrives. With a 64bit14 nm chipset, DDR4 RAM and UFS2.0 data storage, sure am going to enjoy the performance. Better firmware and a smaller battery are powering this device at levels comparable to its predecessor. Dual wireless charging standards built in, rapid charging and power banks mean plenty of uptime. No need to more accessories,for wireless charging. NFC and MST mobile,payment built right in. A better LTE radio will just add to my misery.
    Dude, go buy it then. You don't have to list specs and put stuff in quotes to get think in your head that you're making a point. I can care less. You sound like my wife. I'd say get a life but looking at your 7000+ posts on a cell phone message board just solidifies that you are too far gone for that.
    ray sital likes this.
    03-21-2015 02:32 PM
    Facts are just so inconvenient. Apparently, analysts expect those of us planning to buy the GS6 to be joined by more of us without a life.

Analysts see Samsung selling 55 million Galaxy S6, S6 Edge units in 2015
    03-21-2015 02:46 PM
    Facts are just so inconvenient. Apparently, analysts expect those of us planning to buy the GS6 to be joined by more of us without a life.

Analysts see Samsung selling 55 million Galaxy S6, S6 Edge units in 2015
    You don't stop do you? What are you 12? Go buy your phone. I'll be happy with what I got.
    03-21-2015 04:01 PM
    You don't stop do you? What are you 12? Go buy your phone. I'll be happy with what I got.
    Whoa, no need to be hostile. He has been a contributing member on the forum. You said your peace and he stated his and gave reasons behind it, no different than what you did. You don't want the phone, cool, probably enjoy talking more in the forums of the phone you do want/have.
    jcp007 likes this.
    03-21-2015 04:24 PM
    95% sure I am going to get S6

03-21-2015 05:16 PM
    Whoa, no need to be hostile. He has been a contributing member on the forum. You said your peace and he stated his and gave reasons behind it, no different than what you did. You don't want the phone, cool, probably enjoy talking more in the forums of the phone you do want/have.
    Thanks for sticking up for me. What he doesn't realize is that, I have been a member since 2006, first with CB, through several RIM devices, three Android phones and one Android tablet. He might be happier on a device forum that is more consistent with his preferences and expectations.
    03-21-2015 05:21 PM
    95% sure I am going to get S6

96% here, gonna wait for some more LG tidbits first.

No way was I going back to a Sammy from my GS3...no way, until they rolled out the M9 LOL...lost company that HTC. Sammy blew the doors off with the GS6, it's exactly what HTC needed to do to gain market share but oh well...
    03-21-2015 07:42 PM
    So since you've been a member since 06/07 makes you the be all, end all of what's what. I gave my opinion and you came back swinging and now your little friends here are coming to your rescue. How nice. I'm done with you guy and im done with this thread. Enjoy your S6.
    03-21-2015 07:43 PM
79 1234