Anyone here Upgrading to Galaxy S6?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I could care less what you or anyone else for that matter think. To me, it's a downgrade. No removable battery, no SD card, no S-Pen, back glass a-la iPhone 4 to smash easily.

Thanks for playing though.

I am going to enjoy "playing". With more slimmed down TouchWiz and less Samsung bloat with a more unified and cleaner UI, will be enjoying more useable storage which along with external storage resources both on the cloud and hardrives. With a 64bit14 nm chipset, DDR4 RAM and UFS2.0 data storage, sure am going to enjoy the performance. Better firmware and a smaller battery are powering this device at levels comparable to its predecessor. Dual wireless charging standards built in, rapid charging and power banks mean plenty of uptime. No need to more accessories,for wireless charging. NFC and MST mobile,payment built right in. A better LTE radio will just add to my misery.

anon67808

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
I am going to enjoy "playing". With more slimmed down TouchWiz and less Samsung bloat with a more unified and cleaner UI, will be enjoying more useable storage which along with external storage resources both on the cloud and hardrives. With a 64bit14 nm chipset, DDR4 RAM and UFS2.0 data storage, sure am going to enjoy the performance. Better firmware and a smaller battery are powering this device at levels comparable to its predecessor. Dual wireless charging standards built in, rapid charging and power banks mean plenty of uptime. No need to more accessories,for wireless charging. NFC and MST mobile,payment built right in. A better LTE radio will just add to my misery.

Dude, go buy it then. You don't have to list specs and put stuff in quotes to get think in your head that you're making a point. I can care less. You sound like my wife. I'd say get a life but looking at your 7000+ posts on a cell phone message board just solidifies that you are too far gone for that.

unashamedgeek

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
You don't stop do you? What are you 12? Go buy your phone. I'll be happy with what I got.

Whoa, no need to be hostile. He has been a contributing member on the forum. You said your peace and he stated his and gave reasons behind it, no different than what you did. You don't want the phone, cool, probably enjoy talking more in the forums of the phone you do want/have.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Whoa, no need to be hostile. He has been a contributing member on the forum. You said your peace and he stated his and gave reasons behind it, no different than what you did. You don't want the phone, cool, probably enjoy talking more in the forums of the phone you do want/have.

Thanks for sticking up for me. What he doesn't realize is that, I have been a member since 2006, first with CB, through several RIM devices, three Android phones and one Android tablet. He might be happier on a device forum that is more consistent with his preferences and expectations.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
95% sure I am going to get S6

Posted via the Android Central App

96% here, gonna wait for some more LG tidbits first.

No way was I going back to a Sammy from my GS3...no way, until they rolled out the M9 LOL...lost company that HTC. Sammy blew the doors off with the GS6, it's exactly what HTC needed to do to gain market share but oh well...

anon67808

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
So since you've been a member since 06/07 makes you the be all, end all of what's what. I gave my opinion and you came back swinging and now your little friends here are coming to your rescue. How nice. I'm done with you guy and im done with this thread. Enjoy your S6.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
96% here, gonna wait for some more LG tidbits first.

No way was I going back to a Sammy from my GS3...no way, until they rolled out the M9 LOL...lost company that HTC. Sammy blew the doors off with the GS6, it's exactly what HTC needed to do to gain market share but oh well...

I'm right with you here. After the GS3, I always promised myself I wouldn't buy another Samsung phone (I love my Samsung plasma TV).. was overly excited about the M9 but was letdown, expected more advancements such as a better resolution screen and more logical design changes. My buddy has an M8 and while its a great device, there are some things I don't like about it and the M9 didn't change them. S6 surprisingly blew me away, I actually never expected it.

unashamedgeek

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm right with you here. After the GS3, I always promised myself I wouldn't buy another Samsung phone (I love my Samsung plasma TV).. was overly excited about the M9 but was letdown, expected more advancements such as a better resolution screen and more logical design changes. My buddy has an M8 and while its a great device, there are some things I don't like about it and the M9 didn't change them. S6 surprisingly blew me away, I actually never expected it.

I didn't think I'd ever buy a Samsung phone (I do own the Note 8.) as I didn't really care for their design. I was sure I'd be buying the M9, but I was disappointed in their design and feature set. I watched the Samsung announcement, not really expecting much, but ended up being pleasantly surprised. While it isn't the perfect, I will be getting the S6 now, but just haven't decided between the regular and the edge yet. The LG is out for me as I expect the screen to be at least 5.5" and I'm not comfortable going above 5.2". I was hoping the Z4 would be announced, but it is too far out and I can't take using my Nexus 5 any longer.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
my Note 3 is 17 months old. I have to save money!!! So no, not right now. My ideal target is Note 7.... lol... we shall see how it goes...

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I didn't think I'd ever buy a Samsung phone (I do own the Note 8.) as I didn't really care for their design. I was sure I'd be buying the M9, but I was disappointed in their design and feature set. I watched the Samsung announcement, not really expecting much, but ended up being pleasantly surprised. While it isn't the perfect, I will be getting the S6 now, but just haven't decided between the regular and the edge yet. The LG is out for me as I expect the screen to be at least 5.5" and I'm not comfortable going above 5.2". I was hoping the Z4 would be announced, but it is too far out and I can't take using my Nexus 5 any longer.

I was on the fence about either the edge or regular S6, but I really can't see the benefit of this edge to be honest. Before I do male my choice I will definitely try out both, but I picture myself dropping it and it cracking with that extra vulnerable space.

I was also gonna wait to see the G4 as a had a sweet spot in my heart for the G2/3. But even the G3 was a little too big, and if the G4 is bigger I will also likely pass. I really like the size of my Nexus 5, so the S6 being ever so slightly bigger isn't a de breaker.

Posted via the Android Central App

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I didn't think I'd ever buy a Samsung phone (I do own the Note 8.).
I sworn not to buy a sammy device after the frustrating lack of update for my Galaxy Tab 7.7 (only updated once to ICS). But the AMOLED screen is just magical (sorry to say, lol, but I did want a removable battery and sd card at the time, when I had an HOX), so now I have a note 3 and a tab s 8.4.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I also was set on not getting another Samsung phone. After seeing the s6 announcement I was excited. Looks like a slick device. I am still debating between this and the edge but I still have time to decide before pre orders begin.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I also was set on not getting another Samsung phone. After seeing the s6 announcement I was excited. Looks like a slick device. I am still debating between this and the edge but I still have time to decide before pre orders begin.

Without the Note Edge functionality, I am not sure the price differential is worth it for the GS6 Edge.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Yeah. Until you mentioned price I realized I never looked at the price for the edge. Only the regular. After seeing that it made my decision easy. I will get the standard version especially since I will paying full price.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. Until you mentioned price I realized I never looked at the price for the edge. Only the regular. After seeing that it made my decision easy. I will get the standard version especially since I will paying full price.

Don't know if this helps. Best Buy is throwing in a wireless charging pad if you preorder through them on March 27th.