03-22-2015 09:06 PM
79 1234
tools
    96% here, gonna wait for some more LG tidbits first.

No way was I going back to a Sammy from my GS3...no way, until they rolled out the M9 LOL...lost company that HTC. Sammy blew the doors off with the GS6, it's exactly what HTC needed to do to gain market share but oh well...
    I'm right with you here. After the GS3, I always promised myself I wouldn't buy another Samsung phone (I love my Samsung plasma TV).. was overly excited about the M9 but was letdown, expected more advancements such as a better resolution screen and more logical design changes. My buddy has an M8 and while its a great device, there are some things I don't like about it and the M9 didn't change them. S6 surprisingly blew me away, I actually never expected it.
    03-21-2015 08:39 PM
    Thinking of selling my g3 for a s6 as it looks slick

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-22-2015 03:30 AM
    I'm right with you here. After the GS3, I always promised myself I wouldn't buy another Samsung phone (I love my Samsung plasma TV).. was overly excited about the M9 but was letdown, expected more advancements such as a better resolution screen and more logical design changes. My buddy has an M8 and while its a great device, there are some things I don't like about it and the M9 didn't change them. S6 surprisingly blew me away, I actually never expected it.
    I didn't think I'd ever buy a Samsung phone (I do own the Note 8.) as I didn't really care for their design. I was sure I'd be buying the M9, but I was disappointed in their design and feature set. I watched the Samsung announcement, not really expecting much, but ended up being pleasantly surprised. While it isn't the perfect, I will be getting the S6 now, but just haven't decided between the regular and the edge yet. The LG is out for me as I expect the screen to be at least 5.5" and I'm not comfortable going above 5.2". I was hoping the Z4 would be announced, but it is too far out and I can't take using my Nexus 5 any longer.
    chezm likes this.
    03-22-2015 07:08 AM
    my Note 3 is 17 months old. I have to save money!!! So no, not right now. My ideal target is Note 7.... lol... we shall see how it goes...
    03-22-2015 08:56 AM
    I didn't think I'd ever buy a Samsung phone (I do own the Note 8.) as I didn't really care for their design. I was sure I'd be buying the M9, but I was disappointed in their design and feature set. I watched the Samsung announcement, not really expecting much, but ended up being pleasantly surprised. While it isn't the perfect, I will be getting the S6 now, but just haven't decided between the regular and the edge yet. The LG is out for me as I expect the screen to be at least 5.5" and I'm not comfortable going above 5.2". I was hoping the Z4 would be announced, but it is too far out and I can't take using my Nexus 5 any longer.
    I was on the fence about either the edge or regular S6, but I really can't see the benefit of this edge to be honest. Before I do male my choice I will definitely try out both, but I picture myself dropping it and it cracking with that extra vulnerable space.

I was also gonna wait to see the G4 as a had a sweet spot in my heart for the G2/3. But even the G3 was a little too big, and if the G4 is bigger I will also likely pass. I really like the size of my Nexus 5, so the S6 being ever so slightly bigger isn't a de breaker.

03-22-2015 09:05 AM
    I didn't think I'd ever buy a Samsung phone (I do own the Note 8.).
    I sworn not to buy a sammy device after the frustrating lack of update for my Galaxy Tab 7.7 (only updated once to ICS). But the AMOLED screen is just magical (sorry to say, lol, but I did want a removable battery and sd card at the time, when I had an HOX), so now I have a note 3 and a tab s 8.4.
    03-22-2015 09:11 AM
    I also was set on not getting another Samsung phone. After seeing the s6 announcement I was excited. Looks like a slick device. I am still debating between this and the edge but I still have time to decide before pre orders begin.
    03-22-2015 11:03 AM
    I also was set on not getting another Samsung phone. After seeing the s6 announcement I was excited. Looks like a slick device. I am still debating between this and the edge but I still have time to decide before pre orders begin.
    Without the Note Edge functionality, I am not sure the price differential is worth it for the GS6 Edge.
    03-22-2015 11:13 AM
    Yeah. Until you mentioned price I realized I never looked at the price for the edge. Only the regular. After seeing that it made my decision easy. I will get the standard version especially since I will paying full price.
    03-22-2015 11:36 AM
    Yeah. Until you mentioned price I realized I never looked at the price for the edge. Only the regular. After seeing that it made my decision easy. I will get the standard version especially since I will paying full price.
    Don't know if this helps. Best Buy is throwing in a wireless charging pad if you preorder through them on March 27th.
    03-22-2015 11:57 AM
    Interesting. I already have a wireless charger but I could use one for work. Excellent. Thank you.
    03-22-2015 11:59 AM
    Interesting. I already have a wireless charger but I could use one for work. Excellent. Thank you.
    The catch is $50 cost but you get a $50 Best Buy gift card.
    areyes163 likes this.
    03-22-2015 12:10 PM
    The catch is $50 cost but you get a $50 Best Buy gift card.
    Like a deposit then. That's fine by me. Thanks for the info.
    03-22-2015 12:11 PM
    Like a deposit then. That's fine by me. Thanks for the info.
    Just to clarify. My understanding is the cost is for the charging pad.
    areyes163 likes this.
    03-22-2015 12:19 PM
    Ok 👌 thanks
    03-22-2015 12:20 PM
    I can't WAIT to pick up and S6 Edge! One question I was thinking about that I haven't seen posed: Can you still run custom launchers (i.e. Nova) but keep the functionality of the "Edge" (information stream, bedside clock, contacts, etc)? Not sure if anyone here might know the answer to that? If-so, thanks a bunch in advance!!!
    03-22-2015 05:31 PM
    I can't WAIT to pick up and S6 Edge! One question I was thinking about that I haven't seen posed: Can you still run custom launchers (i.e. Nova) but keep the functionality of the "Edge" (information stream, bedside clock, contacts, etc)? Not sure if anyone here might know the answer to that? If-so, thanks a bunch in advance!!!
    At this point, we have no reason to suspect that third party launchers won't work. I will counter again to give the slimmed down UI and decreased Samsung bloat as well as themes a chance. In the past with so much bloat and a heavy, klunky UI, third party launchers were needed. Maybe not so much now. Different icon sets perhaps?
    03-22-2015 05:38 PM
    From what I have read, the edges on the S6 won't have any functionality unlike the Note Edge. On the S6 Edge the edges are for looks only. Not sure if that is true or not.
    03-22-2015 05:43 PM
    From what I have read, the edges on the S6 won't have any functionality unlike the Note Edge. On the S6 Edge the edges are for looks only. Not sure if that is true or not.
    The GS6 note functionality seems more limited to notifications of email, calls or texts as wells as a clock and streaming news. Notifications can be assigned a specific color depending upon the contact. The edge can be changed to either side but the Note Edge fipunctionality is not otherwise present. It seems not worth the estimated $100 more than the GS6. If the novelty or aesthetics is important enought for that price, then the Edge might be for you.
    03-22-2015 05:50 PM
    At this point, we have no reason to suspect that third party launchers won't work. I will counter again to give the slimmed down UI and decreased Samsung bloat as well as themes a chance. In the past with so much bloat and a heavy, klunky UI, third party launchers were needed. Maybe not so much now. Different icon sets perhaps?
    Thanks JCP. I was just re-watching one of the review video reviews you posted from "MobileSyrup" and straight away at 12 seconds the Edge variant is not running a stock launcher (or it's one of the new themed launchers Samsung has loaded). You seeing the same thing ?

03-22-2015 05:52 PM
    Thanks JCP. I was just re-watching one of the review video reviews you posted from "MobileSyrup" and straight away at 12 seconds the Edge variant is not running a stock launcher (or it's one of the new themed launchers Samsung has loaded). You seeing the same thing ?

The theme, if I remember , is on top of the UI or TouchWiz. TouchWiz is more than a launcher and is more deeply integrated and shouldn't be confused with Nova which is just a third party launcher.
    03-22-2015 06:04 PM
    I have an HTC One M8. Does anyone think it is worth upgrading to the Samsung S6?

03-22-2015 06:07 PM
    The theme, if I remember , is on top of the UI or TouchWiz. TouchWiz is more than a launcher and is more deeply integrated and shouldn't be confused with Nova which is just a third party launcher.
    I gotcha. Will be fun to play around with the themes
    03-22-2015 06:17 PM
    By the way, thanks for taking the time to post all those reviews. Here's the review I was referring to. Check out 46 seconds and hit "pause" . There are 7 icons in the Dock on the S6 Edge. I doubt this is a Touchwiz "skin"...Looks a lot like Nova or Apex....

03-22-2015 06:19 PM
    I gotcha. Will be fun to play around with the themes
    Yup.,haven't played with them since my RIM days before Android.
    03-22-2015 06:28 PM
79 1234