T-Mobile basically shows off the Galaxy S6

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Looks good. I'm looking forward to next Sunday. Also, I wonder if them putting this out so early is any indication that the phone will have a shorter than usual wait time from announcement to release.

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Are we going to be able to watch this online anywhere next Sunday ? I'm really excited to see the reveal.

Posted via the Android Central App

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Are we going to be able to watch this online anywhere next Sunday ? I'm really excited to see the reveal.

Knowing Samsung's previous release events. There will more than likely be an online live streaming of the event. Samsung will most likely setup a countdown some time this week which will have a live stream.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

jabrohn

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
this is the edge version, right? this can't be the regular s6, could it?

regardless, it'll be my next. the design language is beautiful.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I can almost see a home button and front facing speakers..

Ive got my note 4, so i am not going to be getting this one, but i am curious..

Verizon Note4 w/ Otterbox Defender

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I hope they have a regular version, this Edge is so ugly and gimmicky it's hilarious. If they've really cleaned up their TW I'll take a look, but I think I'm jumping off the band wagon for this release.

I'll keep an open mind though and run through all the flagships before making a decision. I hope LG releases the G4 in the not too distant future.

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I hope they have a regular version, this Edge is so ugly and gimmicky it's hilarious.

See, I'm starting to think normal smartphones look ugly and lack functionality. That's after I spent a good few hours with a Note Edge and almost walked away with it. The edge display really does free up a lot, checking notifications is really easy without having to turn on the phone's entire display, it's an alarm clock, and having most of the camera controls up there means freeing up the entire display so that it can be used as a bigger viewfinder. Nope, I actually like the edge display. Too bad this picture makes it look like the edge display isn't bigger like with the Note Edge.

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm anxious to see what it will look like. Since this is my upgrade year, I'm probably going to get the S6. The only other phone I'm looking at is the new HTC One.

J

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
The design looks great but I'm not sure how useful I will find the edge functionality. It also seems like it will pose multiple ergonomic issues and cases are basically out of the question.

I'll withhold my judgment on the S6 Edge until I get a chance to play with it and see what other features Samsung has thrown in with the edge display. This design language is looking good for the regular S6 though!

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I bet this will be one of two variants. I can't see them offering solely a curved piece of hardware. Too niche and wouldn't appeal to the masses.

Cool concept though. Looking forward to the MWC.

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
The design looks great but I'm not sure how useful I will find the edge functionality. It also seems like it will pose multiple ergonomic issues and cases are basically out of the question.

I'll withhold my judgment on the S6 Edge until I get a chance to play with it and see what other features Samsung has thrown in with the edge display. This design language is looking good for the regular S6 though!

Actually that spigen case leak showed a case for the S6 edge!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37