If the Galaxy S6 comes in "regular" and Edge versions, which one are you getting?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I am still torn. The Edge looks so cool but the unknown price differential and lack of rugged cases are concerns of mine.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, the GS6 looks way cooler!
I'm looking forward to use both models in store to figure out which one I like better.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: If the Galaxy S6 comes in "regular" and Edge versions, which one are you getting?

I was 95% set on getting the S6 before the 360 view. Now I'm 100% gold Edge.

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: If the Galaxy S6 comes in "regular" and Edge versions, which one are you getting?

I was 95% set on getting the S6 before the 360 view. Now I'm 100% gold Edge.

Yeah the more I am eyeing the green, and switching to Gold, the more the Gold looks good to me. And the black looks like dark blue. I will simply have to see these in person first.

The only one I've ruled out is white. And because of that, when I go to get one, it will be the only model they have in stock - I can 98% guarantee it.

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

Yeah the more I am eyeing the green, and switching to Gold, the more the Gold looks good to me. And the black looks like dark blue. I will simply have to see these in person first.

The only one I've ruled out is white. And because of that, when I go to get one, it will be the only model they have in stock - I can 98% guarantee it.

I haven't seen a single person anywhere say that they wanted a white one, so you're probably right. I think the white is in kind of a weird spot. The people who like style and color will want the good looking gold, green or blue. The people who like more of a classic look will go with the black. I've personally swayed (and keep swaying) between the black, green and gold. I think I'm pretty set on the gold or black now though. My worry with the gold is that it's too flashy for my taste and I'll get tired of it and wish I got the black after the cool factor wears off.

But then again, if the gold style gets old to me, I could put it in a black case. There's no case I could put a black phone in to make it look like the gold phone........

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Actually, the black is called Sapphire Black because it color shifts between black and blue. It's a distinctive color and I would get it in a heartbeat if I weren't so obsessed with the gold.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
You are right about the black and since its not the usual Samsung black and the color shift within it, may draw me to it over the green (if available).

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Actually, the black is called Sapphire Black because it color shifts between black and blue. It's a distinctive color and I would get it in a heartbeat if I weren't so obsessed with the gold.

I really don't want the black one, but I'm definitely obsessed with the gold for some reason!

The blue topaz looks great in pictures, if it looks the same in real life, it'll be a difficult choice for me...

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I say Samsung has done a much better job with Gold on this phone than anyone else has including apple. Just a nice overall design and it doesn't look like the Kardashian phone.