Galaxy S6 waterproof?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The last phone that was waterproof (to 6 feet of fresh water) was a Nextel. Phones are water-resistant, and there's a HUGE difference. (For one thing, a waterproof phone is warrantied against water damage, a water-resistant phone isn't.)

ahj4513

May 23, 2014
Visit site
The Galaxy S5 was an aberration. Phones are not supposed to be water proof, it limits their capabilities.

I currently use a Galaxy S5. Although the water resistance is a nice feature, it is very seldom used (which makes it kind of unnecessary). I agree with you.

Posted via Android Central App

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I've always thought of the water resistant feature with the S5 as gimmicky. Let's face it....up until the S5, there weren't many devices listed as water resistant. Yeah, okay I get the cool factor. But I don't swim with a phone and certainly don't stand in the rain bumping gums. One thing I really dislike with the S5 is the flap over the charging port. I'm happy it's gone.

But my two cents.

clayedwards

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your replies. I guess I should said water resistant as that was what I meant. I wonder if they will come out with an "active" version to cover water resistance. Sony handles it pretty well. I like the current Active version but the fact that the battery cover frequently pops off if dropped is concerning, especially dropped if it's wet outside, which I would imagine would be more common due to it slipping out of wet hands. I also have a pool and go to the beach often and prefer not to have to have a huge bulky case on a handsome device.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I actually got saved when my phone dropped outside in the rain and I didn't realize it, but yeah for the most part I didn't really need waterproofing. I'll probably just keep my S5 for when I go to the pool to keep the S6 out of harms way.