Did I miss the release date for this? I might not even wait for the G4 since I prefer the smaller size. The M9 was a failure so that's out, not much left and I really like what Sammy did.
    03-01-2015 03:23 PM
    03-01-2015 03:23 PM
    Kinda surprised me it was that for off. But I can play around with the M9 before hand.
    03-01-2015 03:32 PM
    I never understood why companies don't have it available the next day or at the very least a week later. It seems that they should capitalize on the hype but nope, they release it 40 days later from after they announce the phone. They might as well just have postponed the showcase date to April 1st instead.
    20blks and clintw22 like this.
    03-01-2015 03:34 PM
    I never understood why companies don't have it available the next day or at the very least a week later. It seems that they should capitalize on the hype but nope, they release it 40 days later from after they announce the phone. They might as well just have postponed the showcase date to April 1st instead.
    HTC released their M8 same day - at least on Verizon. I'm surprised they didn't do it again this year.

Very surprised Sammy is in April.
    03-01-2015 03:47 PM
    Yeah HTC should have done it again because the closer the s6 gets the less m9s will be sold.
    03-01-2015 07:09 PM
    It's the same release date as last year: second Friday in April. Looks like they have an Apple-esque pattern. I don't mind waiting a month. I think I'm being the S6, but it's good to have time to make sure it's what I want. I regretted getting the S5 and not waiting for the LG G3.I'm using now caution this time, even though the S6 looks much improved in every way.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-01-2015 07:59 PM
    Wondering which are the Countrys that will be getting the Galaxy S6/Edge first

Samsung Pay will be 1st coming to Usa & Korea only
    03-08-2015 01:12 PM
    Is the April 10th release for the US? If memory serves, one year the device was released in Europe and Korea first and two weeks later in the US. I don't believe AT&T has announced. Given the VZW announcement, it looks like second week of April. Maybe AT&T will announce by end of March.
    03-08-2015 01:23 PM
    Verizon is usually the last to get it, so I suspect April 10th will be the US release date
    03-08-2015 07:28 PM
    Verizon is usually the last to get it, so I suspect April 10th will be the US release date
    Pre-orders on AT&T usually run about two or three weeks so I would tend to agree since VZW announced pre-order start on April 1st.
    03-08-2015 07:40 PM
    Verizon, likes to be first to announce and dead last to deliver. They did it on the Note 3 and just about any other good phone worth getting.
    03-08-2015 09:18 PM
    AT&T GS6 splash page still stuck on "Coming Soon".
    03-09-2015 07:25 PM
    Of course because they can't make up their mind how much bloatware they are going to stick on it, speaking of which Apple added another bloatware app onto their iphones and ipads for syncing their watch. I have quite a few unused apple apps in a junk folder and its getting full.

Release date aside AT&T should at least acknowledge the storage sizes they will carry, if the 128GB isn't in there I won't be swapping out.
    03-09-2015 07:57 PM
    Of course because they can't make up their mind how much bloatware they are going to stick on it, speaking of which Apple added another bloatware app onto their iphones and ipads for syncing their watch. I have quite a few unused apple apps in a junk folder and its getting full.

Release date aside AT&T should at least acknowledge the storage sizes they will carry, if the 128GB isn't in there I won't be swapping out.
    I guess that I am an eternal optimist but I am hoping for less bloat and the choice to upload only the extras I want . One can hope anyway.
    03-09-2015 08:12 PM
    Kinda surprised me it was that for off. But I can play around with the M9 before hand.
    Really? The GS5 was April 11 last year so... almost the same...
    03-10-2015 03:16 PM
    Really? The GS5 was April 11 last year so... almost the same...
    30 days and counting to in some cases, 29 days and counting. It seems like forever but the MWC was almost 10 days ago.
    03-10-2015 07:02 PM
    Why can't they get their lead time between announcement and launch down to two weeks like say another company. Did they truly need the lead time to build enough product, if so launch in different markets at different times, S.Korea and US, first then everyone else.
    03-11-2015 07:48 PM
    Why can't they get their lead time between announcement and launch down to two weeks like say another company. Did they truly need the lead time to build enough product, if so launch in different markets at different times, S.Korea and US, first then everyone else.
    Being Korean, I owe it to you to explain that Korean time is very different from the timeframe here in the US.
    03-11-2015 08:17 PM
    First let me ask, do you think I was slighting S.Korea (or their companies or their people in general?) If so you are mistaken, it was not implied or intended. So that aside here is what I was saying.

Apple knows how to market their devices, and make users want them. They hold an announcement, unveil it, tell you when you can order it (or pre-order it) and its the same date for everyone, Apple, Carriers (major ones anyways), major retailers, etc. Everyone is on board and they follow Apples plan or they get booted.

Samsung knows how to put R&D money and advertising to their benefit, in terms of many, many different devices for every niche and category which is not a bad thing since not everyone wants to be a white earbuds follower.

However what Samsung has either failed to do, or does not want to do, or doesn't have the ability to do is get everyone on the same page for a global launch. Announce product on March 1st at MWC and tell every one you can pre-order on March 15th, and get your phones starting on March 10th. Do you see what they don't do compared to Apple.

I am sure there are many different factors involved in that make production different for Samsung and since I don't know their supply chain I can't say, but what we do know is Apples supply chain since its in the news all the time for this or that. So they appear to have tighter control over announcement, production (built up inventory) and delivery (pre-order & actual delivery) dates.

So I hope you are seeing what I was talking about, it referred ONLY to time the difference in time frames from announcement to launch and how Apple is different from Samsung. It nothing to do with the Countries, but the companies methods of delivery. Apple can do it in two weeks, Samsung seems to take 5+ weeks (often times allowing sales to be lost to other devices) as people get tired of waiting AND US Carriers who drag their feet.

So its been 11 days since the MWC announcement and only 1 US Carrier has even bothered to announce the "pre-order" date which happens to be on April Fools Day by Verizon. There has been no mention of price, storage options or color options, this is something Apple does in their press announcement. Not to mention no other US Carrier has even mentioned it beyond, "Yes we are going to carry it". Nada, zip, nothing.

I have likely owned more Samsung phones going way, way back to PPC days so I happen to feel Samsung makes solid products and I could care less about plastic vs metal. What I got tired of and cared more about was internal storage or lack their of by Android OEM's with 16/32GB phones with about 10-20GB of usable space and no way to moves apps (fully) to the microSD card.

If you read all the way down to this part I do sincerely hope you did not take it as a slight as it was neither intended or implied. My focus is on how two different yet similar companies do business.
    03-12-2015 07:55 PM
    This coming April 10. Excited to grab my own.
    03-12-2015 08:08 PM
    This coming April 10. Excited to grab my own.
    Be here before you know it. It's going to be awesome.
    03-12-2015 08:20 PM
    Samsung Galaxy S6 to launch in the U.S. on April 11th?

Possible US release date April 11th by PhoneArena
    03-14-2015 07:57 PM