Galaxy S6 Active

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: Rugged Galaxy S6 Active to come with a 5.5" Quad HD display

I'm simply commenting in the lengths some people will go to in order to justify their own (very) personal need for removables. I'm also not the one that brought the subject up in the first place, but if someone does bring it up with a convoluted and barely justifiable explanation, I fully intend to laugh at it. A lot. Out loud. While rolling on the floor. Just so we're clear.

And now that we're done with the removable removables intermission, back to discussing the rugged variant of the Galaxy S6 line.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z3 using Tapatalk.

Who are you to judge with your snide commentary?? Try being kind and helpful in this community is all I ask.

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site

I'm thinking for a long hiking trip with a Rugged version of an S6, I'm going to need an extra SD card for all the pictures I'm going to take.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site

Who are you to judge with your snide commentary?? Try being kind and helpful in this community is all I ask.
I am. You're apparently insulted and offended by my opinion. Get over it. And now I'm going to have to place you on ignore, rather than actually get nasty with you.

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site

From the front page:
"Galaxy S6 Active is said to follow suit by having nearly identical specs to the standard Galaxy S6, though in this case gaining a huge 3500mAh battery"

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Rumored Samsung Galaxy S6 Active specs surface, AT&T said to get first dibs | Android Central

Both the Galaxy S5 and the Galaxy S4 had Active variants that butched up the phone's case with sturdy rubber bumpers, waterproofing, and shockproofing — and the phones looked the part (there was even a camouflage back available for the Galaxy S5 Active). Internally, the Galaxy S6 Active is said to follow suit by having nearly identical specs to the standard Galaxy S6, though in this case gaining a huge 3500mAh battery (the standard Galaxy S6 has nearly a full ampere-hour less at 2550mAh). That'd put the rumored Galaxy S6 Active right in the neighborhood of the Motorola Droid Turbo.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I'll definitely take extra battery oomph, my big question is if it'll keep MST and the fingerprint reader.....Qi would be nice too, rather than messing with a cover for the USB port.

There'd BETTER be a T-Mobile version...AT&T tends to disable HSPA AWS.

Jdroids

May 7, 2012
Visit site
It's very interesting as I'm on AT&T. 5.5" screen is about 16% bigger than 5.1" in area. But 3500mAh is more than enough battery increase to offset extra screen power.

But big question is what will happen to wireless charging and fingerprint scanner? Active might lose those features I guess.

OhReaaaalye

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
s6 active specs leaked!!

Exynos 7420 SoC, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of on-board storage and a 16-megapixel / 5-megapixel camera combo. What will change though, are the dimensions (but obvious), which will now read 73.6 x 146.9 x 8.8 mm (as opposed to 70.5 x 143.4 x 6.8 mm of the Galaxy S6), and the battery size, which will be upgraded to 3500mAh.

according to the leaked dimensions, it's seems impossible for it to have 5.5 inch display. since the device grew only 4.4mm in size diagonally(which is not even 0.2inches)

though it will be much thicker and feature 3500mAh battery... even bigger than that of a note 4

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
What's the point of releasing the Active if it's only available on AT&T? Strategically from Sam's perspective you're cutting out the over half the market.

I never understood the Alpha on AT&T either, I liked it and would have been fine with it but it wasn't on Verizon as well.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
What's the point of releasing the Active if it's only available on AT&T? Strategically from Sam's perspective you're cutting out the over half the market.

I never understood the Alpha on AT&T either, I liked it and would have been fine with it but it wasn't on Verizon as well.
The other carriers simply may not be interested. Which sucks for us, but maybe with the regular S6 not being waterproof, more carriers will be interested in carrying an IP67/8 variant. It'll probably work better than sticking the regular one in a Lifeproof case. Plus things like Qi and MST and NFC might not work through a Lifeproof case, while they will work in a phone designed to be rugged itself (assuming they left the features in anyway).

Besides, oh that battery .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay