04-29-2015 10:40 PM
98 ... 234
tools
    What's the point of releasing the Active if it's only available on AT&T? Strategically from Sam's perspective you're cutting out the over half the market.

I never understood the Alpha on AT&T either, I liked it and would have been fine with it but it wasn't on Verizon as well.
    Just like Verizon and the Moto Turbo. Everyone wanted the battery life!
    03-14-2015 06:43 AM
    Because a lot of battery packs have built in micro USB connectors, so it's just a matter of plugging it into the phone and your done.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z3 using Tapatalk.
    If you don't have one of these 'MyCharge' battery packs or something superior I recommend it:

♻from the Alpha📶
    03-14-2015 09:10 AM
    03-14-2015 09:38 AM
    Because a lot of battery packs have built in micro USB connectors, so it's just a matter of plugging it into the phone and your done.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z3 using Tapatalk.
    Nope, hooking something up to your phone isn't as simple as swapping a battery. Sure there are options, but they still aren't as convenient as a simple battery swap. Remember, you're out hiking and hunting with your rugged active s6, are you going to plug that thing in and stick them both back in your pocket?
    I don't think so.
    03-14-2015 10:16 AM
    Nope, hooking something up to your phone isn't as simple as swapping a battery.
    No, it's simpler:
    1. Remove back of phone
    2. Remove battery from phone
    3. Insert new battery into phone
    4. Power on phone and wait several minutes for boot.
    5. Stow expended battery
    6. Pocket phone

Versus
    1. Plug usb cable into phone
    2. Pocket phone and battery

That was a nice try though.

Remember, you're out hiking and hunting with your rugged active s6, are you going to plug that thing in and stick them both back in your pocket?
    Yep, absolutely. Beats fumbling, and if you're really a hiker/hunter you've got some pretty big pockets available to you. You're not sticking the phone-and-battery combo in skinny-jean-pockets in this case.
    03-14-2015 10:29 AM
    Hope you don't break your USB port with that clunky thing hooked up twisting and bouncing while your climbing over logs.
    Nice try though...
    03-14-2015 10:50 AM
    Hope you don't break your USB port with that clunky thing hooked up twisting and bouncing while your climbing over logs.
    Nice try though...
    Ok thank you for proving that you ran out of valid arguments.
    03-14-2015 11:01 AM
    The MyCharge gas the built in plug too. These things are nice to have.

♻from the Alpha📶
    03-14-2015 12:58 PM
    Nope, hooking something up to your phone isn't as simple as swapping a battery. Sure there are options, but they still aren't as convenient as a simple battery swap. Remember, you're out hiking and hunting with your rugged active s6, are you going to plug that thing in and stick them both back in your pocket?
    I don't think so.
    Pulling my case off to swap a battery does seem like a PITA (Spigen Neo Hybrid on this Alpha), and I can't even imagine using a phone without a case. ...so yeah, it does seem like a PITA to carefully pull the case off and swap batteries.

♻from the Alpha📶
    03-14-2015 01:01 PM
    Ok thank you for proving that you ran out of valid arguments.
    Hey, I have to commend you, that's a pretty slick way to bow out...
    03-14-2015 01:45 PM
    Hey, I have to commend you, that's a pretty slick way to bow out...
    Well, you can do that when the other side of the argument resorts to silliness.
    berdinkerdickle likes this.
    03-14-2015 01:55 PM
    Does anybody know if it's safe to buy an external battery pack that supports quick charge and assume it will work with the quick charge functionality on the s6? I'm just not sure if they use a different format or not. The thought of getting 50% battery in 30 mins from an external battery pack is real nice.
    Alex_NJ likes this.
    03-14-2015 04:11 PM
    Does anybody know if it's safe to buy an external battery pack that supports quick charge and assume it will work with the quick charge functionality on the s6? I'm just not sure if they use a different format or not. The thought of getting 50% battery in 30 mins from an external battery pack is real nice.
    I haven't seen one that does that as of yet (and I've been looking, I want one too). I think 2.4A is the best we'll get out of a battery pack. Still, that's pretty good until you can get to a wall outlet.

I do know I've seen some battery packs that support QuickCharge as a client, so to speak, meaning they can be QuickCharged from the wall, but they don't QuickCharge the phone.
    03-14-2015 05:11 PM
    I haven't seen one that does that as of yet (and I've been looking, I want one too). I think 2.4A is the best we'll get out of a battery pack. Still, that's pretty good until you can get to a wall outlet.

I do know I've seen some battery packs that support QuickCharge as a client, so to speak, meaning they can be QuickCharged from the wall, but they don't QuickCharge the phone.
    Thanks. Do you know how many amps the S6 charges at when plugged into the quick charger?

There are (or will be) car chargers that can charge as fast the outlet charger, right?
    03-14-2015 05:51 PM
    Thanks. Do you know how many amps the S6 charges at when plugged into the quick charger?

There are (or will be) car chargers that can charge as fast the outlet charger, right?
    There are plenty of QuickCharge car chargers on Amazon, so yeah. I'm not sure what the specific amperage is but I think it's 3 or more amps...pretty sure it's 15 watts.
    03-14-2015 06:04 PM
    Or you could get one of these bad boys, no cables needed
    http://www.amazon.com/MobilePal-1000...cUvbUpU4285680
    03-15-2015 02:39 AM
    http://www.amazon.com/MobilePal-1000...cUvbUpU4285763
    Nice.

♻from the Alpha📶
    03-15-2015 04:38 AM
    http://www.amazon.com/MobilePal-1000...cUvbUpU4285844
    Wireless + portable could mean it takes all day to charge your phone. The wireless aspect is kind of gimmicky in a device like this. Only way it would make sense is if your charging port was broken. However the other features of the battery pack looks nice.
    03-15-2015 07:13 AM
    So will the Active have a SD card? Not sure. Reason asking is I have a prime deal for a Note 4 this week. And if there is a remote chance that the s6 has one i might wait. I wish Samsung would just announce the darn thing and stop teasing us
    03-15-2015 08:59 AM
    So will the Active have a SD card? Not sure. Reason asking is I have a prime deal for a Note 4 this week. And if there is a remote chance that the s6 has one i might wait. I wish Samsung would just announce the darn thing and stop teasing us
    Unlikely.
    03-15-2015 09:11 AM
    I would go for 6 Active if it did away with the Glass backed case of the S6, I am not a fan of the glass in lieu of metal backplate, why cant they use a metal type backplate...
    04-29-2015 02:15 PM
    I would go for 6 Active if it did away with the Glass backed case of the S6, I am not a fan of the glass in lieu of metal backplate, why cant they use a metal type backplate...
    Because metal isn't actually all that durable, particularly at that weight and thickness. Composites work out better. I'm hoping for a Kevlar S6 active. Or maybe one with an integral self-healing TPU skin.
    04-29-2015 04:32 PM
    Came in here hoping there was some new info . Need new info NOW! Rumor mill has been so quiet on this phone for a while.
    04-29-2015 10:40 PM
98 ... 234