Galaxy S6 Active

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Rugged Galaxy S6 Active to come with a 5.5" Quad HD display

Now this is interesting, looks like we'll have an S6 Active with larger screen after all.
Rugged Galaxy S6 Active to come with a 5.5" Quad HD display

"Oh mama, the rugged Galaxy S6 Active might be coming our way with a 5.5" display, instead of the 5.1" panel on the regular S6 flagship. After its eventual model number for AT&T appeared yesterday as SM-G890A, we pegged it as a logical successor to the SM-G870A, or AT&T's the Galaxy S5 Active version. Thus, this might be an AT&T Galaxy S6 Active, which is pretty much in line with what we expect from Samsung.

The User Agent Profile listed a 1440 x 2560 pixels Quad HD display for the SM-G890A, but nothing else was disclosed in terms of specs. Today, however, this model number was discovered on the import-export database Zauba with the enigmatic "test&eval not for sale" description, indicating a prototype version for testing purposes.

This time, however, we have a winner in terms of screen size, listed as 5.5 inches. Apparently the S6 Active would have a pretty generous display diagonal, for those who snigg at the 5.1" panel of the S6, and will be one of the biggest and most decked-out waterproof Android, if history is any indication."

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Rugged Galaxy S6 Active to come with a 5.5" Quad HD display

I'll take a T-mobile version please.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z3 using Tapatalk.

mohit9206

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site

5.5 inch is basically a tablet. Too big for a phone. Too small for a proper tablet.
Where is the S6 mini?

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

The Active could easily have a replaceable battery.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site

The Active could easily have a replaceable battery.
Could, maybe (though I doubt it "easily" could). But why WOULD they, if they left it off the regular S6?

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Could, maybe (though I doubt it "easily" could). But why WOULD they, if they left it off the regular S6?

They would do this to provide different bells and whistles for the same high end model.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site

They would do this to provide different bells and whistles for the same high end model.
No they wouldn't. The point of it is to be rugged. It's not a power user phone.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site

Looks like I'm sticking with the GS6, 5.5 too clunky for me.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site

Looks like I'm sticking with the GS6, 5.5 too clunky for me.
It's pushing it for me, depends on how it feels in the hand. I can imagine how nice a 5.5 inch QHD SAMOLED screen looks though.....

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site

It's pushing it for me, depends on how it feels in the hand. I can imagine how nice a 5.5 inch QHD SAMOLED screen looks though.....

Agree, however it has to pass the pocket test for me, the S6 is at the boundary for my likings.

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site

Beings it's the 'Rugged' version;
Hikers, Hunters, Outdoorsman...
They need a swappable battery for their long trips away from a power source.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site

Beings it's the 'Rugged' version;
Hikers, Hunters, Outdoorsman...
They need a swappable battery for their long trips away from a power source.

OMFG is that a stretch, some people will just twist themselves into knots to try and justify the removables. Those guys are just as likely to use an external battery...more likely, since it doesn't involve fumbling around with an open phone back while out in the wilderness while in the outdoors hiking and hunting. ;)

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

The only reason I cared about a removable battery was that I knew I could replace it easily if it wore out. TBH though, I never keep a phone that long...and if the non-removable battery wears out then I have another excuse to upgrade...so it's all good.

📐♻from the Note Edge🔍

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Hoping I can upgrade every other announcement instead of every announcement. Swappable battery helps that.:cool:

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

OMFG is that a stretch, some people will just twist themselves into knots to try and justify the removables. Those guys are just as likely to use an external battery...more likely, since it doesn't involve fumbling around with an open phone back while out in the wilderness while in the outdoors hiking and hunting. ;)

Why are 'YOU' trying so hard to discredit other peoples needs?!? Are you the authority around here on whats acceptable or not??

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site

Why are 'YOU' trying so hard to discredit other peoples needs?!? Are you the authority around here on whats acceptable or not??
I'm simply commenting in the lengths some people will go to in order to justify their own (very) personal need for removables. I'm also not the one that brought the subject up in the first place, but if someone does bring it up with a convoluted and barely justifiable explanation, I fully intend to laugh at it. A lot. Out loud. While rolling on the floor. Just so we're clear.

And now that we're done with the removable removables intermission, back to discussing the rugged variant of the Galaxy S6 line.