Galaxy S6 Active

Shepx13

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: s6 active specs leaked!!

I'd rather it not be 5.5 inch screen. Hopefully they didn't have to drop many features to make it rugged

LonestarROB

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
This has now become my "next" phone if purported specs are true. Have been on HTC for several years now and the M9 just isn't doing it for me. GS6 has really caught my attention though, and an Active version with identical specs has me even more interested. I hope they don't dumb down camera quality or something else in favor of a bigger battery. I also hope they lean more in the S4 Active design direction than the S5 Active design. Fingers crossed.

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site

I had already decided to pass on the S6 because of no swappable battery, but the Active with that huge battery might be an option.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

It would have been nice to have a big battery like that in the S6. Maybe they'll put something bigger in the S7.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site

This is infuriating to me, it'll only be available on AT&T which I'll have nothing to do with.

Jdroids

May 7, 2012
Visit site

I can't complain on this because I'm on at&t. lol. This is part of reason I switched from Verizon last year. They always get more phones and often earlier than others. Considered T-mobile too but their coverage is not good for my trips yet. I'm sure even regular S6 will last more than S5, probably 10% at least. But this thing is going to be like battery tank if that size is true.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
What's the point of releasing the Active if it's only available on AT&T? Strategically from Sam's perspective you're cutting out the over half the market.

I never understood the Alpha on AT&T either, I liked it and would have been fine with it but it wasn't on Verizon as well.

Ask the carriers.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
What's the point of releasing the Active if it's only available on AT&T? Strategically from Sam's perspective you're cutting out the over half the market.

I never understood the Alpha on AT&T either, I liked it and would have been fine with it but it wasn't on Verizon as well.

I bet AT&T pays Samsung big money to have it exclusive...its always about the money in the end

cookiegurl

Banned
Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
S6 Active Specs??

While everyone else I knew is complaining how bad it is for such beautiful device to have a battery below standard, (Samsung Edge), I've heard that S6 active will sports a 3500mah which is indeed better than the current flagship and that it will sports the same feature as the s6. Oh man, can't wait to see it around!! Anyone hear read about the rumor and if so, what can you say about this? Any additional information would be really appreciated.I'm just kinda excited. Admittedly, I'm one great Sammy fan, err loyalist if you say so

USCTrojan4JC

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if the S6 Active will come with 32GB,64GB or 128GB internal storage. If it will only have the first and no microSD capability, that would swing me more toward a regular S6.

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
Re: Rugged Galaxy S6 Active to come with a 5.5" Quad HD display

....clip..Those guys are just as likely to use an external battery...more likely, since it doesn't involve fumbling around with an open phone back while out in the wilderness while in the outdoors hiking and hunting. ;)
How is it simpler fumbling some cords or some clunky battery pack while "outdoors hiking or hunting"?

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site

How is it simpler fumbling some cords or some clunky battery pack while "outdoors hiking or hunting"?
Because a lot of battery packs have built in micro USB connectors, so it's just a matter of plugging it into the phone and your done.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z3 using Tapatalk.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Just like Verizon and the Moto Turbo. Everyone wanted the battery life!

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

Because a lot of battery packs have built in micro USB connectors, so it's just a matter of plugging it into the phone and your done.

If you don't have one of these 'MyCharge' battery packs or something superior I recommend it:

77a2a9fe19ec6a4078cb945bde9312d7.jpg

5f42791531665416f52b24552dabec96.jpg

20656de2515674738a4d206cd6e68552.jpg

♻from the Alpha📶

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site

Nope, hooking something up to your phone isn't as simple as swapping a battery. Sure there are options, but they still aren't as convenient as a simple battery swap. Remember, you're out hiking and hunting with your rugged active s6, are you going to plug that thing in and stick them both back in your pocket?
I don't think so.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Nope, hooking something up to your phone isn't as simple as swapping a battery.

No, it's simpler:
1. Remove back of phone
2. Remove battery from phone
3. Insert new battery into phone
4. Power on phone and wait several minutes for boot.
5. Stow expended battery
6. Pocket phone

Versus
1. Plug usb cable into phone
2. Pocket phone and battery

That was a nice try though. ;)

Remember, you're out hiking and hunting with your rugged active s6, are you going to plug that thing in and stick them both back in your pocket?

Yep, absolutely. Beats fumbling, and if you're really a hiker/hunter you've got some pretty big pockets available to you. You're not sticking the phone-and-battery combo in skinny-jean-pockets in this case.