Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge?

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Depends upon rugged case availability and pricing. Haven't seen any Edge cases?

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device

I'm a case guy, and that's the main worry for me with the Edge. I'm very careful with my stuff, but I'm also very paranoid (and like a good resale) so I'd have to have something. I already have some Spigen screen protectors and a case coming for the S6 that I got for $2 total, so that helps. But I like the additions on the Edge. It's probably the best looking phone, in my opinion of course, that I've ever seen - and I never thought I'd say that about a Sammy device.

Check out Spigen and Versus:

http://www.amazon.com/Spigen®-Resil...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4262455

http://www.amazon.com/Verus-Protect...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4262455

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Just saw a summary of specs for both the S6 and S6 Edge. It appears that the battery is larger and a possibly different graphics processor on the Edge? I thought that the only difference was the screen design, flat versus curved on both edges. I know that the Edge also has screen functionality and notifications. Can someone please clarify?

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Just saw a summary of specs for both the S6 and S6 Edge. It appears that the battery is larger and a possibly different graphics processor on the Edge? I thought that the only difference was the screen design, flat versus curved on both edges. I know that the Edge also has screen functionality and notifications. Can someone please clarify?

I was under the assumption they were the same other than the screen.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
It would. :) My whole point was there was only a difference of 50 between the two batteries.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z3 using Tapatalk.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. Guess I will have to wait and try both. I haven't decided if stereo curves are a novelty to me but it makes the Edge appear more narrow. I am guessing that pricing will be $50 more at each model level for the Edge. I am the Edge will make it challenging for rugged case makers like Otterbox.

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. Guess I will have to wait and try both. I haven't decided if stereo curves are a novelty to me but it makes the Edge appear more narrow. I am guessing that pricing will be $50 more at each model level for the Edge. I am the Edge will make it challenging for rugged case makers like Otterbox.

I hope you are right. Thinking it'll be more like $100 more for the Edge....

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

I've seen some good ones thus far from Spigen and Versus.

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Just noticed something on the Edge models now that we're getting photos from the journo-samples. On the Edge models the display spills over onto the side displays, it's NOT kept completely on the flat section. I don't think I like this....

I don't think it's a concern. Notice how you can still see EVERYTHING on the screen... Nothing is "hidden" from view even if it's displayed on the edge of the screen.

galaxys6-8.0.jpg

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't think it's a concern. Notice how you can still see EVERYTHING on the screen... Nothing is "hidden" from view even if it's displayed on the edge of the screen.

View attachment 165556

Yeah, I know, I'm thinking more along the lines of full-screen games, a lot of them place UI elements along the top and bottom edge of the screen (in landscape mode that would land on the curved parts). Yeah, they'll be visible from the front, but how usable will they be since they're sitting on that curve? I'm not interested in finding out by experimentation, I have a feeling it won't be as clean to use as a flat screen.

Last edited:

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I've seen some good ones thus far from Spigen and Versus.

I guess I am a die-hard Otterbox and Lifeproof fan. I am planning on getting one of either series rugged case.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac