Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge?

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Wished y'all had of done a Poll on this subject.
Would like to know more about what everybody might do.
I can tell just about everybody wants one. But which one.
Does one do more than the other one.

But not by much. A little bigger battery for the Edge and a few extra notifications and Touch focus with the camera.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
But not by much. A little bigger battery for the Edge and a few extra notifications and Touch focus with the camera.
I wonder if that 50mah makes any appreciable difference...or if it'd have to be some larger amount like 200mah before it translated into noticeably more battery life.

♻from the Note 4✒ 📶

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if that 50mah makes any appreciable difference...or if it'd have to be some larger amount like 200mah before it translated into noticeably more battery life.

♻from the Note 4✒ ??????

I'm sort confused by the small increase myself. There has to be a method to their madness though

WBSnow

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Couple things that "bother" me:

I get the battery in both devices are NOT removable (similar to the iPhones).

Even though the S6 & S6 Edge come in three different internal memory sizes, (if I'm not mistaken, ranging from 16 gb to 128 gb), there is no spot for an external SD card.

With this being said, I'm going to chaos the phone with the most internal memory (128 gb, if available on the AT&T network). I am not worried about the battery life because I also read Morphie is coming out with an external battery for the phone, which I'm going to invest in.

I'm still debating on which one, the S6 or S6 Edge. I'm going to have to see and play with them, then decide. My only question for everyone is since both will be running Lollipop 5.0 & up, will you be updating your current devices to run Lollipop 5.0 before the S6 or S6 Edge are released or do the update then upgrade?????

Posted via the Android Central App

unashamedgeek

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I've been looking all over, but to no avail. I would have to imagine it's a feature that is executed via the "edge" of the device, otherwise I don't see why it wouldn't be incorporated in the S6. If anyone has an idea let us know.

I've been interested in this touch focus thing and it might be the ability to keep an object in focus while moving the camera. At least to me that is what touch focus could mean. I've been looking at the manuals for the S6 and the S6 Edge and I think all the camera options are the same. Both mention Tracking AF (auto focus). Page 58 in the S6 manual and page 64 in the S6 Edge manual. The links to the manuals are in another post so I won't duplicate it here or still that person's post.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I like the Edge, its different, but no final decision until I see it in person and most importantly if they don't offer 128GB options then I won't get either.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
But they do....
Yes and No. Samsung offers it in 32/64/128GB, and yet they offered other phones in higher capacities (not 128GB) and US Carriers have refused to offer them. I simply said IF they do, and it has not been confirmed by any US Carrier that they will in fact do that.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I bailed on Verizon and will NEVER go back. The finally burned their bridge on the Edge Plan, I paid my phone off in full so I could decide what to get and sell my outgoing phone. Once you do that they make you wait 60 days to get a new Edge Plan. Lets not forget the changes in their ETF policy that went into effect last fall. Your ETF does NOT start to reduce until after 8 months of service so normally its $5-10 per month (hotspot vs smartphone) so you would normally be $80 down, no so fast smartypants.

Plus AT&T does no such thing when it comes to paying off your Next Plan. Pay it off in full you can get another phone immediately, and I do mean immediately.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I bailed on Verizon and will NEVER go back. The finally burned their bridge on the Edge Plan, I paid my phone off in full so I could decide what to get and sell my outgoing phone. Once you do that they make you wait 60 days to get a new Edge Plan. Lets not forget the changes in their ETF policy that went into effect last fall. Your ETF does NOT start to reduce until after 8 months of service so normally its $5-10 per month (hotspot vs smartphone) so you would normally be $80 down, no so fast smartypants.

Plus AT&T does no such thing when it comes to paying off your Next Plan. Pay it off in full you can get another phone immediately, and I do mean immediately.
I know all carriers are out to make money, but I always felt like Verizon was out to make money AND screw their customers - simply because they have the best network. I switched to AT&T over a year ago. Haven't had any issues at all. I'm paying less per month and I feel like I have just as good of service. Plus, like you said, you can get a new phone as soon as you pay off the old one. And you can bring any phone and save money on your bill (we brought our own phones and pay $15 line access fees). You can only save money like that on Verizon if you have a phone on Edge. Now we also have some rollover on data. It isn't perfect. But some is better than none.

Again, really feel like AT&T doesn't try to screw their customers over nearly as much.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Yes and No. Samsung offers it in 32/64/128GB, and yet they offered other phones in higher capacities (not 128GB) and US Carriers have refused to offer them. I simply said IF they do, and it has not been confirmed by any US Carrier that they will in fact do that.

T-Mobile has confirmed via tweet that they will carry all three sizes. Verizon's being more evasive, nada from Sprint, AT&T, or U.S. Cellular so far.

Keith Patrick

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I just received my S6 Edge today in the mail. It is a gorgeous phone. I have some tweaking to do but i am very happy with it.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084