04-07-2015 08:49 PM
183 ... 45678
tools

Note 4 is a Beast.
    It's also too big for many.
    03-05-2015 10:01 AM
    Agree, Note 4 is a large device. Which is why my dad asked me to sell his Note 4 and get him a S6 (non edge)

Wonder if samsung will offer something like Applecare or MotoCare where you can buy it to cover stuff like battery issues etc.
    03-05-2015 10:03 AM
    I won't be considering it because of lack of SD. Now that I'm facing factory resets due to lollipop I really see the value in microsd cards for storing media.
    Has anybody thought about going to Samsungs site on Facebook and talking to them.
    Telling them what you don't like about the phones.
    You will be talking directly to them. And not wasting your time being unhappy on a forum.

I do not get on Facebook. So I can't contact them.
    mrsmumbles and ahj4513 like this.
    03-05-2015 10:25 AM
    I do not get on Facebook.
    At least there's a few of us out there.
    03-05-2015 10:27 AM
    I don't do Facebook, Twitter, or any of that stuff either. However, if all the OEM eventually stop producing phones with removables I'll adjust. I might not be happy at first but I'll adjust.

♻from the Note 4✒ 📶
    03-05-2015 11:05 AM
    I don't do Facebook, Twitter, or any of that stuff either. However, if all the OEM eventually stop producing phones with removables I'll adjust. I might not be happy at first but I'll adjust.

♻from the Note 4✒ 📶
    Slow beat down into submission.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    03-05-2015 01:39 PM

Kinda sad isn't it?

♻from the Note 4✒ 📶
    03-05-2015 01:42 PM

You're gonna do it and you're gonna like it.
    03-05-2015 01:47 PM
    No matter what, different people will have different opinions.Sammy must have done something right this time cause it had people talking over a bowl of soup, either in tears or in elation. Hey, the idea is not bad after all. I'm a fan so.
    03-05-2015 04:49 PM
    I have never been an avid proponent of Samsung. However this time I feel Samsung has really done it right.

Inders99 likes this.
    03-05-2015 04:51 PM
    Agree, Note 4 is a large device. Which is why my dad asked me to sell his Note 4 and get him a S6 (non edge)

Wonder if samsung will offer something like Applecare or MotoCare where you can buy it to cover stuff like battery issues etc.
    Dream come true. Charge more for phone and make it easier to break so you can charge for "warranty"
    03-12-2015 05:24 PM

♻from the Note 4✒
    I think every one will be pleasantly surprised. In exchange for two features, we are getting premium materials, a great screen in sunlight, faster more efficient processor, UFS 2.0 storage, great camera in low light with auto HD/OIS with 4k video and fast autofocus, dual wireless charging standards without having to buy new equipment, dual mobile payment systems in the same device, better LTE radio, and better sounding external speaker.
    akutch34 and Raptor007 like this.
    03-12-2015 08:29 PM
    Dream come true. Charge more for phone and make it easier to break so you can charge for "warranty"
    It's only easy to break if you don't understand how to handle and take care of $800 devices.
    An OPTION for a warranty is never a bad thing. Insurance thru the carrier is a complete Rip off.

If the device is too delicate for you, you have the option to buy other devices or you could spend what the warranty costs, on a case that's thick as a brick as well.
    I do not use cases. Hate them.
    akutch34 likes this.
    03-12-2015 09:37 PM
    It's only easy to break if you don't understand how to handle and take care of $800 devices.
    An OPTION for a warranty is never a bad thing. Insurance thru the carrier is a complete Rip off.

If the device is too delicate for you, you have the option to buy other devices or you could spend what the warranty costs, on a case that's thick as a brick as well.
    I do not use cases. Hate them.
    What do you suggest for a warranty? Just curious. I always go with the carrier. If there is a better way I'd like to know.
    akutch34 likes this.
    03-12-2015 11:50 PM
    What do you suggest for a warranty? Just curious. I always go with the carrier. If there is a better way I'd like to know.
    Further back I was asking if Samsung was going to offer something like Applecare for an iPhone.

Applecare is way cheaper than carrier insurance. $99, no taxes, $79 deductible. Covers 2 accidents. 24 months.

Motorola offers Moto Care for $129.99 and $39 deductible, covers 3 incidents. 24 months.

I actually just checked Samsung's web site and for the Note 4 Edge, they offer $129 Samsung Protection Plus, $95 deductible and covers 3 incidents. 24 months.

I have good things about Square, although I haven't done the research to know how good it is.

Carrier insurance is basically $10 per month on VZW and AT&T so after 24 months, that's $240, and that's with zero incidents.
    Carrier insurance charges $169 deductible per incident on cheap devices and $199 per incident on high end devices.
    As prices keep going up on devices, I look for that deductible to increase.

The one thing carrier insurance does cover that the other don't is Lost or Stolen. But I don't worry about that. My phone is in my hand or in my pocket, or on my desk charging.
    Impossible to be stolen unless I collapse in public and someone steals it out of my pocket while I lay on the concrete dying.
    In which case, I most likely have more worries than my stolen phone.
    03-13-2015 12:41 AM
    Don't worry, I will be extremely surprised if there is no vendor in the high-end market who can see this opportunity.
    03-13-2015 04:35 AM
    Don't worry, I will be extremely surprised if there is no vendor in the high-end market who can see this opportunity.
    This is a titanium opportunity for LG. ...really hope they can seize it.

♻from the Note III🍶
    03-13-2015 10:25 AM
    This is a titanium opportunity for LG. ...really hope they can seize it.
    indeed. Even if not completely related to removable battery and sd slot, the only vendor with positive growth were those with these features. LG just need to stick with it, and make a larger phone with a stylus too.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Way to go Samsung!-fireshot-screen-capture-089-us-smartphone-market-share-stats_-apple-samsung-lg-up-i-pocket.png
    03-13-2015 11:00 AM
    I don't think Samsung sees the previous year as growth.
    Samsung Galaxy S6 Way to go Samsung!-selection_001.png
    03-13-2015 11:35 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Selection_001.png 
Views:	27 
Size:	41.2 KB 
ID:	166737
    Sure, thats because massively increased competition from Chinese vendors. It is quite easy to see HTC, who changed to non-removable a few years back, now nowhere to see on the list. In Q4 2012, it had ~12%, Q4 2013, 7%, and in your chart (2014), its completely gone.
    03-13-2015 11:43 AM
    indeed. Even if not completely related to removable battery and sd slot, the only vendor with positive growth were those with these features. LG just need to stick with it, and make a larger phone with a stylus too.

Name:	FireShot Screen Capture #089 - 'US smartphone market share stats_ Apple, Samsung, LG up I Pocket.png 
Views:	67 
Size:	77.3 KB 
ID:	166730
    And it probably wasn't because of Touchwiz. As much as people complained about it, I never really had a problem with it.
    Ry likes this.
    03-13-2015 11:51 AM

Name:	FireShot Screen Capture #089 - 'US smartphone market share stats_ Apple, Samsung, LG up I Pocket.png 
Views:	67 
Size:	77.3 KB 
ID:	166730
    Unless LG's solution had not only a Waco stylus (or one that works as well or better in all aspects) but also an a Note-taking app that is at least 100% compatible with Evernote. In other words, I'd need to be able to access and edit ALL of my many many many S Notes. I'm skeptical that LG will be able to accomplish both those criteria but who knows.

Name:	Selection_001.png 
Views:	27 
Size:	41.2 KB 
ID:	166737
    At least not relative to what their used to.

♻from the Note III🍶
    03-13-2015 11:55 AM
    Sure, thats because massively increased competition from Chinese vendors. It is quite easy to see HTC, who changed to non-removable a few years back, now nowhere to see on the list. In Q4 2012, it had ~12%, Q4 2013, 7%, and in your chart (2014), its completely gone.
    Are you stating that HTC has lost shares due to not having a removable back? And remember that HTC just posted their first sales growth in 3 years.
    03-13-2015 12:36 PM
    By definition, warranty implies coverage for a device damaged from actions that are related to the device function or workmanship. In terms of careless or accidental damage, this is where crunching the numbers on insurance coverage makes sense as well as how many types of damage are covered. Insurance also mitigates the high cost of device replacement to inadvertent damage and is something you hope that you don't need but is great when something happens.
    03-13-2015 05:28 PM
    Speaking of Samsung Protection Plus Samsung Protection Plus Mobile Elite and here is some of the devices covered and I would expect the S6/S6 Edge to be added.

Samsung mobile devices that have been purchased within the past thirty (30) days from a Samsung authorized retailer or a wireless carrier are eligible for coverage under Samsung Protection Plus Mobile Elite. This has me looking at it instead of carrier coverage. Like others have said, my phone is with me all the time and I have yet to get one stolen or lost.

Samsung Protection Plus Mobile Elite is currently available on Galaxy S® 4, Galaxy S 5, Galaxy Note® 3, Galaxy Note 4, and Galaxy Note Edge on the T-Mobile®, Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, MetroPCS®, and US Cellular carrier networks. (Active and Sport models are not eligible for coverage.)
    03-13-2015 07:41 PM
183 ... 45678