04-07-2015 08:49 PM
183 ... 5678
tools
    Speaking of Samsung Protection Plus Samsung Protection Plus Mobile Elite and here is some of the devices covered and I would expect the S6/S6 Edge to be added.

Samsung mobile devices that have been purchased within the past thirty (30) days from a Samsung authorized retailer or a wireless carrier are eligible for coverage under Samsung Protection Plus Mobile Elite. This has me looking at it instead of carrier coverage. Like others have said, my phone is with me all the time and I have yet to get one stolen or lost.

Samsung Protection Plus Mobile Elite is currently available on Galaxy S® 4, Galaxy S 5, Galaxy Note® 3, Galaxy Note 4, and Galaxy Note Edge on the T-Mobile®, Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, MetroPCS®, and US Cellular carrier networks. (Active and Sport models are not eligible for coverage.)
    I all definitely look into it. We have always gone with AT&T carrier cover with no issues possibly except to your point, the price.
    03-13-2015 08:42 PM
    Speaking of Samsung Protection Plus Samsung Protection Plus Mobile Elite and here is some of the devices covered and I would expect the S6/S6 Edge to be added.

Samsung mobile devices that have been purchased within the past thirty (30) days from a Samsung authorized retailer or a wireless carrier are eligible for coverage under Samsung Protection Plus Mobile Elite. This has me looking at it instead of carrier coverage. Like others have said, my phone is with me all the time and I have yet to get one stolen or lost.

Samsung Protection Plus Mobile Elite is currently available on Galaxy S® 4, Galaxy S 5, Galaxy Note® 3, Galaxy Note 4, and Galaxy Note Edge on the T-Mobile®, Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, MetroPCS®, and US Cellular carrier networks. (Active and Sport models are not eligible for coverage.)
    Looks good but is somewhat unfair for people on T-Mobile . If I get rid of my phone insurance, then I also get rid of my ability to use Jump. /=
    03-14-2015 10:40 AM
    Looks good but is somewhat unfair for people on T-Mobile . If I get rid of my phone insurance, then I also get rid of my ability to use Jump. /=
    Time to change carriers.
    03-14-2015 11:00 AM
    Time to change carriers.
    Absolutely not! Tmobile has been the absolute best across the board. I will never consider Verizon or ATT again. Sprint, in my area, is never even a thought lol.
    npaladin-2000 likes this.
    03-14-2015 02:27 PM
    Not sure why you guys don't just get a Square Trade warranty? I'm on an S3 and my wife and I have both had to replace ours under warranty and it was a breeze. They send a replacement over night. The first replacement I got had another small issue and they apologized and overnighted another one. As an apology, they sent me a $50 Costco gift card.

I paid $100 per phone for the policy and it lasted 2 years. I think the deductible was $25. If you don't ever need it then you're out $100. If you do need it you're out a little more but you still get your moneys worth.

Way better than the $8 per month or whatever it is that the carriers charge. The S6 will be worth more so maybe it will cost more through Square Trade. I'm not sure, but I'm definitely going to check it out.
    unashamedgeek likes this.
    03-14-2015 03:57 PM
    Absolutely not! Tmobile has been the absolute best across the board. I will never consider Verizon or ATT again. Sprint, in my area, is never even a thought lol.

Agreed.
    akutch34 likes this.
    03-14-2015 05:55 PM
    I really need the SD. Won't buy without it.
    03-14-2015 07:33 PM
    I really need the SD. Won't buy without it.
    Great. No problem. Maybe the Active version is for you.
    Alex_NJ likes this.
    03-14-2015 07:50 PM
    Great. No problem. Maybe the Active version is for you.
    ...or the Note 4 or Note Edge.

♻from the Alpha📶
    03-14-2015 08:12 PM
    ...or the Note 4 or Note Edge.

♻from the Alpha
    It appears answer to question on US GS6 release date April11th according to PhoneArena.
    03-14-2015 08:16 PM
    It appears answer to question on US GS6 release date April11th according to PhoneArena.
    I doubt there will be a Saturday releases for the U.S.. Just doesn't make sense from the shipping standpoint, while Friday April 10th does. Carriers (at least Verizon) ships via FedEx and will not pay for a Saturday delivery.

Posted via S5 or Turbo.
    03-14-2015 09:27 PM
    I doubt there will be a Saturday releases for the U.S.. Just doesn't make sense from the shipping standpoint, while Friday April 10th does. Carriers (at least Verizon) ships via FedEx and will not pay for a Saturday delivery.

Posted via S5 or Turbo.
    From a sales perspective it makes sense. But that would require stock to be shipped to the stores on Friday, and no way it stays under wraps that long

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z3 using Tapatalk.
    03-14-2015 09:29 PM
    From a sales perspective it makes sense. But that would require stock to be shipped to the stores on Friday, and no way it stays under wraps that long

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z3 using Tapatalk.
    Stock for stores are usually received a couple days prior to launch - at least for corporate stores.

Posted via S5 or Turbo.
    03-14-2015 09:39 PM

Posted via S5 or Turbo.
    You know this how? Why are we even splitting hairs about release dates? Point is we have a more reliable time window. I would hope that PhoneArena would do some fact checking before publication.
    03-14-2015 09:42 PM
    You know this how? Why are we even splitting hairs about release dates? Point is we have a more reliable time window. I would hope that PhoneArena would do some fact checking before publication.
    Because the way you are posting all of this is like it's golden and set in stone. We had a reliable time frame on March 1st when Samsung said they would launch April 10th. In 20 countries no less.

Posted via S5 or Turbo.
    03-14-2015 09:44 PM
    And I know for a fact Verizon doesn't do weekend delivery as I've ordered many devices from them in the past. It doesn't matter if you offer to pay extra - they won't do it.

Posted via S5 or Turbo.
    akutch34 likes this.
    03-14-2015 09:46 PM
    And I know for a fact Verizon doesn't do weekend delivery as I've ordered many devices from them in the past. It doesn't matter if you offer to pay extra - they won't do it.

Posted via S5 or Turbo.
    Switch to another carrier. At the MWC, Samsung made their announcement. PhoneArena is a entity not owned by Samsung and reported the story as a result of a source that they trust.
    03-14-2015 09:52 PM
    Switch to another carrier. At the MWC, Samsung made their announcement. PhoneArena is a entity not owned by Samsung and reported the story as a result of a source that they trust.
    Okay, dude whatever.

Posted via S5 or Turbo.
    jcp007 likes this.
    03-14-2015 09:57 PM
    Okay, dude whatever.

Posted via S5 or Turbo.
    I hope that you will excuse my over exuberant comments and that there are no hard feelings. I really do respect your opinion and have found your comments to be most insightful.
    03-14-2015 10:37 PM
    Let's just wait until the phone is release , before we comment negative thoughts about s6.
    akutch34 likes this.
    03-17-2015 06:58 PM
    Let's just wait until the phone is release , before we comment negative thoughts about s6.
    Yeah, once it's out, then we can comment negative thoughts. ;-)
    03-17-2015 07:06 PM
    I love sammsung but I hate the mono rear speeker of the past. Many people did not get a samsung simmply for that reason.
    akutch34 likes this.
    03-17-2015 07:10 PM
    It's ok to discuss what we have liked to have seen certain design choices amped up like 64GB base storage. You have to admit while there are choices that didn't like, we're getting a lot of things we didn't expect. We're definitely getting more than the incremental upgrade of years past. Look at the M9.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device
    03-17-2015 07:49 PM
    Until your battery goes into thermal runaway and instead of dropping the battery out of the phone, you watch the phone melt. Or the phone gets wet and by the time you break the back off and unplug the battery, it's too late and the phone is doomed.

So would I. Unfortunately, Google is going the other way - getting rid of them.
    So I guess your getting a iPhone because it's such better... Not

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-18-2015 07:18 AM
    Personally, unless you have been on the receiving end of being a power user and a year out (the best phone you ever had) your battery dies. Then you check to see what it costs to have a non-removable replaced. Then if you do pay to have it replaced, did they install a top of the line or a cut rate. Did they do a good job doing the delicate work and will it last without issues elsewhere in the phone. Is it the same phone you sent in or a referb. replacement. Etc. Etc. Etc.

I will never buy a phone that doesn't have a user replacible battery ever again. From experience that is...
    Just my 2cents, but that's what makes the world go around. :-)

Akawarrior..

Via : Galaxy Mega 2 - Kitkat 4.4
    KJ78 likes this.
    03-18-2015 09:55 PM
183 ... 5678