Samsung Galaxy S6 Way to go Samsung!

Saturn1217

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: Way to go Samsung!

I think that they will. I think that it's the way that they are going to move forward. Unless there is a massive backlash I can't see them going back to the removable battery and SD card.

I think there is a decent chance (especially after all of the complaints) that they'll keep the SD card in the Note 5. Which would be good for those who need it because a larger storage version of the Note 5 would be obscenely expensive.

I honestly think though that the wireless charging, the way that they have chosen to implement it, will require a sealed back. The same thing happened with Nexus devices. They stopped having removable batteries at exactly the same time that they brought wireless charging to the line. I'm not too fussed either way but that is my prediction.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

Since the G2 didn't have the removable battery or SD Card but the G3 did, I bet the G4 continues with both.

Yes and the lg g2 sold a ton of phones, so the battery and sd cards aren't deal beakers in the least.

jrb363

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

or a year or two down the road you want to sell your phone, and the battery can't hold a charge and you lose $200-300.

or when you need to pop in a 10000mAh battery for a long trip with now power supply.

worst part, it doesn't have to. Samsung could have release two variates, one with functionality, one with looks.

If Note 5 turns out to be like s6, note 3/4 will be the last samsung smartphone I own.

You said it perfectly. I've been arguing with folks since the news broke but you really got the key points down in a matter-of-fact manner. I typically sell my phones when I upgrade so being able to pop a new battery in is very important to me. I keep my phones in a case and screen protector from day 1. Why should I lose money just because I actually use my phone and the battery life goes down? We deserve to have a way to take care of our electronics.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

I liked the sd card slot and removable battery also, but I buy a lot of phones and most of them don't have that anymore. The Galaxy line of phones have never been my favorite. I've gotten all of them since the S3 and that was the one I like the best. The plastic design never bothered me, I mainly didn't like touchwiz

Having said that, I'm really happy with what Samsung did with the S6 and S6 Edge. This may end up being my favorite phone this year. I didn't know what to expect from the S6 but IMO Samsung nailed it bigtime. I talk to a lot of regular users at work and other places that could care less about a removable battery or SD card slot.

I still don't like the look of touchwiz ( mainly the icons) but it looks like they've scaled it back some and have some influences from material design. The S6 edge is the one I'm really excited about, I just hope the carriers offer the 128GB model. Most of the time with these Galaxy phones, they mention different storage sizes, but you one see the smallest size offered through the carriers.

I agree with the OP "Way to go Samsung" :)

cckgz4

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site

I hate that the bottom looks exactly like an iPhone. Like a lazy copy and paste

ahj4513

May 23, 2014
Visit site

I hate that the bottom looks exactly like an iPhone. Like a lazy copy and paste

No. Just no. They aren't exactly alike. They are so different. The theme of design is similar but not the design itself. You don't know what you are saying...

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site

No. Just no. They aren't exactly alike. They are so different. The theme of design is similar but not the design itself. You don't know what you are saying...

Form follows function after all. But I would bet Apple is warming up the Lawsuit-o-matic as we speak.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z3 using Tapatalk.

ahj4513

May 23, 2014
Visit site

Form follows function after all. But I would bet Apple is warming up the Lawsuit-o-matic as we speak.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z3 using Tapatalk.

Hahaha true. Apple is probably dying to stop the galaxy s6 from selling at all. After all, it's the only potentially Apple-killing brand out there(Samsung has the largest user base in Android camp)

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site

I used to have a 128GB SD card in my S5 and used 64GB cards in my note 3 and S4, so I know what it's like to carry around a load of junk lol However you can still do that with the S6 you just need to get the 128 GB version. I have a 128GB iPhone 6 plus so I can still store all of my stuff. If I get the S6 edge I'll be getting the 128GB of that.

Price of the 128gb versions are looking pretty high compared to just adding a 128gb card to a phone. Note4 for me.

Posted via the Android Central App

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site

Yeah the S6 was the more impressive phone to me at MWC. Seems like Samsung have really taken a hard look at their Galaxy flagship and have taken both hardware and software seriously.

I really liked HTC's phones the last two years, but from what I've seen, it seems the S6 is the better choice for me. Reports of HTC's camera in the M9 being moderate to poor has put me off it to be honest. I'll get the S6 when it's released here.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Price of the 128gb versions are looking pretty high compared to just adding a 128gb card to a phone. Note4 for me.

Where are these price comparisons coming from? Or are they just rumors/speculations?

ahj4513

May 23, 2014
Visit site

Yeah the S6 was the more impressive phone to me at MWC. Seems like Samsung have really taken a hard look at their Galaxy flagship and have taken both hardware and software seriously.

I really liked HTC's phones the last two years, but from what I've seen, it seems the S6 is the better choice for me. Reports of HTC's camera in the M9 being moderate to poor has put me off it to be honest. I'll get the S6 when it's released here.

I could never see the kind of hardware-software integration before from Android phones. I am hopeful that the s6 might change all of that this year :D

1jarofclay

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site

I have had many a phone but not of what you are talking about has happened. Dropping the toilet is your own fault. My last 3 phones had no SD card slot and no removable battery and I was fine

1jarofclay

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site

The S5 had demo removable battery and an SD card slot and nobody bought it in the numbers that Samsung would have liked in fact it was their biggest flop. So having a removable battery and SD card didn't do it for them because nobody cared. When looking at the plastic cheap junk people are looking at the S6 now. Move on or be left behind SD card slots and removable battery are old more and more manufactures just won't be including it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781