Samsung Galaxy S6 Way to go Samsung!

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: Way to go Samsung!

The S5 had demo removable battery and an SD card slot and nobody bought it in the numbers that Samsung would have liked in fact it was their biggest flop. So having a removable battery and SD card didn't do it for them because nobody cared. When looking at the plastic cheap junk people are looking at the S6 now. Move on or be left behind SD card slots and removable battery are old more and more manufactures just won't be including it

Posted via the Android Central App
I don't want this to be true but, unfortunately, I fear it is. I'll just be holding onto my current phones a bit longer than I had expected.

from the Note Edge📱📏

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site

Where are these price comparisons coming from? Or are they just rumors/speculations?

Others have posted links on this forum. I'm not tech savvy enough to do that myself.

Slantize

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site

this thread has blown up, interesting to see things from everyone else's point of view :) i hadn't checked out much of the m9 before i posted this but i stand by the fact that i believe this will be my choice of flagship for the year, aside from whatever they end up doing with the note 5 as i've really been enjoying my note 4, tv screen and all :D

Riskyman166

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site

I did see the news that Apple passed Samsung in sales for the 4th Qtr of 2014 for the 1st time since 2011. But for all of 2014 Samsung held a very commanding lead.

Moto X (2nd Gen)

ahj4513

May 23, 2014
Visit site

I did see the news that Apple passed Samsung in sales for the 4th Qtr of 2014 for the 1st time since 2011. But for all of 2014 Samsung held a very commanding lead.

Moto X (2nd Gen)

I have always been a fan of iPhones, but Samsung may just dominate the mobile market this year.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Riskyman166

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site

I have always been a fan of iPhones, but Samsung may just dominate the mobile market this year.

It looks like they already are. I think it was like 197 million iPhones vs over 300 million for Samsung. (for 2014)

ahj4513

May 23, 2014
Visit site

It looks like they already are. I think it was like 197 million iPhones vs over 300 million for Samsung. (for 2014)

I have always thought android phones are always so ugly compared to iPhones. This iteration of Galaxy S line makes me think the opposite of that!

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

I have always thought android phones are always so ugly compared to iPhones. This iteration of Galaxy S line makes me think the opposite of that!

I think Samsung tried harder this time and I hope they keep up the effort.

from the Note Edge📱📏

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I think Samsung tried harder this time and I hope they keep up the effort.

from the Note Edge📱📏

I agree. They tried to listen to what the masses wanted. People are so po'd about removal batteries and sd slots that they aren't seeing that Samsung tried to bring something new. I'm not excited about losing the SD card option, but I respect what they did.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

People hate too much on a non-removable battery. It's not that hard to prepare to have alternate power source if you think you'll need it.

Keep it simple....
Previous poster.made a great.point though. If you get phone wet you can save it by quickly removing battery and toss it in bag of rice. If you cannot remove battery it is toast

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

I have a note 3 and had no interest in a note 4 but if note 5 has no sd card I will buy a note 4.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Previous poster.made a great.point though. If you get phone wet you can save it by quickly removing battery and toss it in bag of rice. If you cannot remove battery it is toast

That is true but with the S6 not having IP67, it's gonna be toast anyway.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

To me, that would be shame on me for getting the phone wet and an insurance claim. It'd also be the very last time such a thing would ever happen to me I believe.

from the Note Edge📱📏

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site

I could never see the kind of hardware-software integration before from Android phones. I am hopeful that the s6 might change all of that this year :D

It won't be integrated as well as iPhones, so don't expect anything on that level.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

ahj4513

May 23, 2014
Visit site

It won't be integrated as well as iPhones, so don't expect anything on that level.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

I know, but it's finally baked up Samsung super CPU + its software improvement. Don't you feel something good is coming for us? The galaxy s6 is much faster.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Riskyman166

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site

I'll have to agree with most that the S6 is much better looking. In the past, it was a hard thing for me to except that Samsung's "flagship" phone was made out of plastic.

Moto X (2nd Gen)

Riskyman166

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site

I'll have to disagree. There's lots of android "flagship" phones out now. I might be a little biased, but I think my Moto X-2 is very attractive & functional. Fast, 1080p screen, semi-waterproof with probably the best speakerphone on the market (a deal breaker for me). On a side note..... I think the real reason that Apple outsold Samsung in the 4th Qtr of 2014 is because most companies introduce their new phones in Sept\Oct for the next year while Samsung waits till spring (April).