Samsung Galaxy S6 Way to go Samsung!

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: Way to go Samsung!

I don't do Facebook, Twitter, or any of that stuff either. However, if all the OEM eventually stop producing phones with removables I'll adjust. I might not be happy at first but I'll adjust.
Don't worry, I will be extremely surprised if there is no vendor in the high-end market who can see this opportunity.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

This is a titanium opportunity for LG. ...really hope they can seize it.
indeed. Even if not completely related to removable battery and sd slot, the only vendor with positive growth were those with these features. LG just need to stick with it, and make a larger phone with a stylus too.

FireShot Screen Capture #089 - 'US smartphone market share stats_ Apple, Samsung, LG up I Pocket.png

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site

indeed. Even if not completely related to removable battery and sd slot, the only vendor with positive growth were those with these features. LG just need to stick with it, and make a larger phone with a stylus too.

View attachment 166730

And it probably wasn't because of Touchwiz. As much as people complained about it, I never really had a problem with it.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

View attachment 166730
Unless LG's solution had not only a Waco stylus (or one that works as well or better in all aspects) but also an a Note-taking app that is at least 100% compatible with Evernote. In other words, I'd need to be able to access and edit ALL of my many many many S Notes. I'm skeptical that LG will be able to accomplish both those criteria but who knows.
I don't think Samsung sees the previous year as growth.
View attachment 166737
At least not relative to what their used to.

♻from the Note III🍶

unashamedgeek

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site

Sure, thats because massively increased competition from Chinese vendors. It is quite easy to see HTC, who changed to non-removable a few years back, now nowhere to see on the list. In Q4 2012, it had ~12%, Q4 2013, 7%, and in your chart (2014), its completely gone.

Are you stating that HTC has lost shares due to not having a removable back? And remember that HTC just posted their first sales growth in 3 years.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

By definition, warranty implies coverage for a device damaged from actions that are related to the device function or workmanship. In terms of careless or accidental damage, this is where crunching the numbers on insurance coverage makes sense as well as how many types of damage are covered. Insurance also mitigates the high cost of device replacement to inadvertent damage and is something you hope that you don't need but is great when something happens.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

Speaking of Samsung Protection Plus Samsung Protection Plus Mobile Elite and here is some of the devices covered and I would expect the S6/S6 Edge to be added.

Samsung mobile devices that have been purchased within the past thirty (30) days from a Samsung authorized retailer or a wireless carrier are eligible for coverage under Samsung Protection Plus Mobile Elite. This has me looking at it instead of carrier coverage. Like others have said, my phone is with me all the time and I have yet to get one stolen or lost.

Samsung Protection Plus Mobile Elite is currently available on Galaxy S® 4, Galaxy S 5, Galaxy Note® 3, Galaxy Note 4, and Galaxy Note Edge on the T-Mobile®, Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, MetroPCS®, and US Cellular carrier networks. (Active and Sport models are not eligible for coverage.)

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Speaking of Samsung Protection Plus Samsung Protection Plus Mobile Elite and here is some of the devices covered and I would expect the S6/S6 Edge to be added.

Samsung mobile devices that have been purchased within the past thirty (30) days from a Samsung authorized retailer or a wireless carrier are eligible for coverage under Samsung Protection Plus Mobile Elite. This has me looking at it instead of carrier coverage. Like others have said, my phone is with me all the time and I have yet to get one stolen or lost.

Samsung Protection Plus Mobile Elite is currently available on Galaxy S® 4, Galaxy S 5, Galaxy Note® 3, Galaxy Note 4, and Galaxy Note Edge on the T-Mobile®, Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, MetroPCS®, and US Cellular carrier networks. (Active and Sport models are not eligible for coverage.)

I all definitely look into it. We have always gone with AT&T carrier cover with no issues possibly except to your point, the price.

akutch34

Trusted Member
May 26, 2011
Visit site

Looks good but is somewhat unfair for people on T-Mobile . If I get rid of my phone insurance, then I also get rid of my ability to use Jump. /=

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

Not sure why you guys don't just get a Square Trade warranty? I'm on an S3 and my wife and I have both had to replace ours under warranty and it was a breeze. They send a replacement over night. The first replacement I got had another small issue and they apologized and overnighted another one. As an apology, they sent me a $50 Costco gift card.

I paid $100 per phone for the policy and it lasted 2 years. I think the deductible was $25. If you don't ever need it then you're out $100. If you do need it you're out a little more but you still get your moneys worth.

Way better than the $8 per month or whatever it is that the carriers charge. The S6 will be worth more so maybe it will cost more through Square Trade. I'm not sure, but I'm definitely going to check it out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37