One of the first things I do with an Android phone is install Google Launcher or Nova.

Wouldn't this approach work well with a Samsung S6? What would I miss by using an alternative Launcher?
    03-02-2015 12:08 PM
    One of the first things I do with an Android phone is install Google Launcher or Nova.

Wouldn't this approach work well with a Samsung S6? What would I miss by using an alternative Launcher?
    It will. It'll fix your launcher and home. But that's it.
    03-02-2015 12:13 PM
    You still have Touch Wiz. It just layers it on top. I use Nova on my Samsung. I also used in the past, Yahoo Aviate which I enjoyed as well. I prefer Nova because I can actually save my layout and export it to another phone. Sometimes the phone lags with Nova too.
    03-02-2015 12:15 PM
    I love Nova Launcher for these reasons...

1. Can launch apps by sliding an icon upwards
    2. Allows 3 different rows of icons at the bottom of the screen (instead of one)
    3. Custom swipe actions from any screen (I personally like the "swipe down" to show notifications as I have small hands!)
    4. Icon packs (including the ability to save shortcuts and change those icons)

03-04-2015 10:04 AM
    The only thing you will lose is the new TouchWiz themes. I can't wait to slap Nova on my S6.
    03-04-2015 10:54 AM
    I assume if I use Nova multi window will still work?
    03-08-2015 09:33 AM
    I like Nova a lot, but I use the Google Experience Launcher due to the integration of Google Now to the left swipe. Simply can't go back, but would if Nova could integrate Google Now like that.
    03-08-2015 10:45 AM
    For some of the reasons above, I have not used a third-party launcher as TouchWiz was already too heavy and is like mini-version of a full Android skin. Hopefully, Samsung will continue over this and future iterations that use TouchWiz to get it down to the bare minimum so that it complements and facilitates the overall device functionality. I would like it to retain its customization attributes but take a more unified approach but become iOS.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device
    03-08-2015 11:01 AM
    I like Nova a lot, but I use the Google Experience Launcher due to the integration of Google Now to the left swipe. Simply can't go back, but would if Nova could integrate Google Now like that.
    If you say, "OK Google" from any launcher screen, it launches voice search. Alternately, you make any icon launch Google Now with a swipe up or make swipe down from any launcher screen launch Google Now. When you add in all the other customizations available, there's no contest between the two.
    Issemann likes this.
    03-08-2015 11:16 AM
    I like the swipe left for Google now, which gives a full scrollable screen for Google now. I don't use the voice feature very often. To my knowledge Nova hasn't added a full screen for Google now. If they did I'd switch back. For me that outweighs the customizations.
    03-08-2015 04:37 PM
    Somebody mentioned at note 4 board that nova decreases battery performance.
    03-08-2015 04:44 PM
    As far as I know, there is no difference between swiping left and opening the Google app. The Google app launches Google Now.
    03-08-2015 04:56 PM