03-21-2015 12:46 AM
367 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    My 128gb has about 45 HD movies and about 7000 songs. It's nearly full and I recently discovered FLAC files which are bigger and sound better.

And it's backed up on my pcs, laptops, clouds, NAS, etc and I have never had an SD card fail on me.

Posted via the Android Central App
    This just seems preposterous to me, I'm sorry...when do you have time to do anything else but manage your inventory? I wasn't aware that the human race even wrote 7000 songs in their history
    slave likes this.
    03-07-2015 01:29 PM
    My 128gb has about 45 HD movies and about 7000 songs. It's nearly full and I recently discovered FLAC files which are bigger and sound better.

And it's backed up on my pcs, laptops, clouds, NAS, etc and I have never had an SD card fail on me.

How many flights are long enough for 45 movies? You must stuck in airports alot. Where is there time to listen to 7k songs? I would back everything up to an external hard drive. What happens if the card fails?

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device
    03-07-2015 01:29 PM

Lol you are making your life harder. You won't be able to differentiate the quality of sound anyway on the go because it's always louder than home. Also you won't get to watch full movies while commuting. You don't have to bring your entire library on the go. Just buy 64 GB or 32 GB and grab a few of your favourites.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    03-07-2015 01:34 PM
    Can we pleease combine the 3 threads in S6 and Note 4.
    Everyone is repeating points made by somebody else, or going around the campaign trail making the same points in each.

Lol!
    Let's do it moderator.

03-07-2015 01:51 PM
    Just a quick look-up, it looks like many multiples of thousands...many multiples for 128. I don't know...I think most of the gripers are the fringe people here. It just seems strange to carry and hold so much entertainment on a device without rotating the garbage out.

Sort of reminds me of the TV show Hoarders...but what do I know.
    Well there you go not accepting that some people like to carry a lot of data. It's a tiny little chip, after all. Not like we're lugging 20 old style hard disks along in our pockets.
    monsieurms and Scott7217 like this.
    03-07-2015 07:07 PM
    which ones?
    03-07-2015 07:09 PM
    Oh that's for me. Well this one and the two below. There was a lot of cross posting.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...o-sd-card.html

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...6-s6-edge.html
    Your first link, the topic has been beat to death for almost a week now. Nothing useful except griping and complaining about the absence of expandable storage and swappable battery. Both design choices that will not be included in the GS6. Those folks can't accept this reality.

03-07-2015 07:45 PM
    Your first link, the topic has been beat to death for almost a week now. Nothing useful except griping and complaining about the absence of expandable storage and swappable battery. Both design choices that will not be included in the GS6. Those folks can't accept this reality.

Whenever this pops up on my notification I get annoyed. This kind of threads is the reason why I (and other people) leave the smartphone forums. Notification pops up and the immediate thought is "not again..."

03-07-2015 07:47 PM
    The first one you link is the one that many threads have already been merged with. So staff is surely working at keeping things consolidated.
    So, whenever a new poster stops by and posts about the battery and/or SD card in these S6 forums, it gets merged to that existing big thread.
    It'll cool off. Its only been a week.

03-07-2015 08:30 PM
    Forum should ideally be a place of fun exchange of opinions, not a ranting vent-off area. Imo

03-07-2015 08:36 PM
    I'm not sure why the threads in the Note4 and S5 concern you.

03-07-2015 08:38 PM
    We'll review the requests; for now please move on.

via XT1060-NiT. Android Central moderator.
    berdinkerdickle likes this.
    03-07-2015 08:40 PM
    A lot of people are posting about lollipop issues. Complaining and ranting about issues are to be expected. To allow it to irritate oneself seems just as silly as complaining about the complainers.

Scott7217 likes this.
    03-07-2015 08:41 PM
    Forum should ideally be a place of fun exchange of opinions, not a ranting vent-off area. Imo

I used to be upset with ranting posts. Learn to be more understanding. If you feel like sinking to their level, it is best to walk away and let it go. Opinions are like [fill in your name for the defecation orifice] everyone has one. Some people are so intertwined with their devices and a particular brand they can't see the forest for the trees.

monsieurms, Scott7217 and ahj4513 like this.
    03-07-2015 08:58 PM
    I used to be upset with ranting posts. Learn to be more understanding. If you feel like sinking to their level, it is best to walk away and let it go. Opinions are like [fill in your name for the defecation orifice] everyone has one. Some people are so intertwined with their devices and a particular brand they can't see the forest for the trees.

My favourite person. Much thanks, I will take your suggestion.

03-07-2015 08:59 PM

Whoa!
    03-07-2015 09:02 PM
    Moderators have been around a while and can deal with it better.

03-07-2015 09:18 PM
    My sd card solution is a wifi usb drive.
    ahj4513 likes this.
    03-07-2015 10:27 PM
    When you use wifi external hard drives like the ones mentioned here,
    List of wifi external hard drives, are these accessible from file manager?
    03-07-2015 10:31 PM
    FYI. For those interested in a merging of threads, it is possible but the system automatically arranges the merge by chronological ordering. So the flow of conversation and responses could be altered and considerably thrown off.

Paul
    Mod Team Leader @ AC
    Scott7217 likes this.
    03-07-2015 10:39 PM
    When you use wifi external hard drives like the ones mentioned here,
    List of wifi external hard drives, are these accessible from file manager?
    The GS6 has Bluetooth. Why wouldn't it be able to see it.

03-07-2015 10:41 PM
    I didn't find LG products enticing either coming mostly from all Samsung products but when I saw and played with the G2 and then bought the G3 last year, I've been very impressed with what they've done and are heading with their cell phones. They're doing good things and hopefully they can continue this success moving forward this year.
    I don't like LG. I bought the G3 last year as I thought that I wanted a change from samsung. I only kept it for 2 days before exchanging it for the S5. I didn't like the screen, wasn't that impressed by the camera. It over heated quite a bit and had issues playing my videos from the SD card. Also in the UK accessories were rather scarce. I felt like it was a step down from my note 3.

However I know a lot of people were pleased with the G3. It will be interesting to see if they retain the SD card slot and removable battery with the G4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-08-2015 04:13 AM
    FYI. For those interested in a merging of threads, it is possible but the system automatically arranges the merge by chronological ordering. So the flow of conversation and responses could be altered and considerably thrown off.

Paul
    Mod Team Leader @ AC
    I really think these guys are making a bigger issue over this than those making an issue over no swappable battery.
    It would be like merging every thread complaining about lollipop in the S5 forums - and there is a lot.
    This is how internet forums work.
    You don't merge every thread that bothers you into one.
    Just breath in and breath out, and move to a happy thread.

clevin and Scott7217 like this.
    03-08-2015 05:29 AM
    It's inappropriate to merge topics for this reason. I always say that only people who actually cares comes out to rant. And only people who rant actually help the product. Singing praises produces no actionable help.

@T-Mobile GN3
    03-08-2015 05:41 AM
    This just seems preposterous to me, I'm sorry...when do you have time to do anything else but manage your inventory? I wasn't aware that the human race even wrote 7000 songs in their history
    Well, with all due respect, that is the type of comment that sets off those of us who take a different position. You (and a couple of others) simply can't imagine why anyone would want or need it; therefore, it must apparently just be preposterous? Because that's not the way you use or want to use your phone, it's unimaginable. Can't you accept that not everyone has the same needs and desires?

These are not phones. They are powerful computers these days. They provide lots of options. Many people will figure out which work best for them and not everyone will have the same uses.

--It takes NO time at all to manage inventory. In fact, you have it backwards. As many of us have been saying in this thread, one of the advantages of an SD card is that when you change phones, it takes LESS time. All of that stuff doesn't have to be loaded again. Since everything on my SD card is a copy in the first place, there is no overhead in managing inventory whatsoever. Nothing is copied to it that doesn't already exist on my hard drive.

7,000 songs, btw, is less than 700 cds. I have way more albums than that. Give me a 256gb card, and I'm in! I like to have my library with me when possible. That promotes choice. As I said before, I travel a lot and streaming is not the right option. If you don't travel much and like streaming, that's probably not the same issue for you. But it is for me. And as another poster pointed out, yes sometimes there will be movies to play on the card too. You can't fill up the phone internal memory to bursting.

Speaking of clutter, this also allows me to have the internal phone memory uncluttered. I pretty much reserve the phone memory for apps and operating system. If I had 128gb of phone memory, I couldn't possibly fill it all up because there are other things that the phone needs to do--like operating system, apps. The card keeps these things separate and, dare I say, uncluttered.
    03-08-2015 07:20 AM
367 ... 910111213 ...