Why I think no removable batter/MicroSD is a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Ah! (an) insert, rinse and repeat point.

I thought for a second I was being scolded. Lol.

"He's not the messiah, he's just a very naughty boy" - Monty Python.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Ah! (an) insert, rinse and repeat point.

I thought for a second I was being scolded. Lol.

"He's not the messiah, he's just a very naughty boy" - Monty Python.

Nope, but this thread is much more tame than the other 19 threads on the same subject. Those are full of shrill hyperbole and trolling. This one is merely increasingly cyclical.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Well, if you want me to stay out of the hairdressers I'm afraid I'm going to have to decline that one. But I guess that's an example where removability is a good thing? :cool:

Removability is also not a reality of this device but is for devices that may better suit your needs.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Well, if you want me to stay out of the hairdressers I'm afraid I'm going to have to decline that one. But I guess that's an example where removability is a good thing? :cool:

I just got that now, I think. I leave my rug in every 5 weeks. :D

Lucky for everyone I kept this thread from derailing (cough).:-!

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
<<unsubscribed >>
*unless it gets back on point.

Ok. You are no fun. Staying on point is so boring. Removable battery offset by more efficient display, processor, storage speed and slimmed down TouchWiz. Once the GS6 is released, the battery issue will be mute. Increased base storage as well as other storage sizes and availability of cloud storage and data streaming will also make the expandable storage a distant memory like the magnetic tape storage form the 70's.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Once the GS6 is released, the battery issue will be mute.

I dunno about that, GSMArena tested production hardware, the software might not be perfected yet but that's not going to make a drastic difference. The phone is comparable to iPhone 6 battery life, which may have been their target to begin with.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I dunno about that, GSMArena tested production hardware, the software might not be perfected yet but that's not going to make a drastic difference. The phone is comparable to iPhone 6 battery life, which may have been their target to begin with.

Just skimmed the article. It as thorough but should have let the reader have the last say om the battery and expandable battery and been more objective and disinterested. I will read the article again.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
If data were free cloud would be fine. It isn't

Even if could storage isn't for you, there are plenty of alternatives that will make the expandable storage like the floppy disk. If it comes, great. If not, my life won't end if it doesn't . I will adapt and embrace change. same goes for the battery. External charging devices and wireless charging as well as rapid charging especially with a firmware tuneup will make people forget wall hugging and swapping batteries.

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
If data were free cloud would be fine. It isn't

Yeah, pretty much have to come up with an option that works for you.
I just can't see packing around an external storage device or a battery pack at this time. Right now it's so convenient for me to carry nothing but my phone and an extra battery.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, pretty much have to come up with an option that works for you.
I just can't see packing around an external storage device or a battery pack at this time. Right now it's so convenient for me to carry nothing but my phone and an extra battery.
Absolutely. I seldom need to even carry a second battery but I know the occasions I will need it and it is a nice alternative.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely. I seldom need to even carry a second battery but I know the occasions I will need it and it is a nice alternative.

You definitely don't have to be tethered to a swappable battery or external data storage device. Carry the rapid chargerfor the car, home and office in a convenient place. Keep an external charging device in your back pack. Don't be lazy and manage your data. Take responsibility to store important seldom used thing and carry only what you need. If you have everything on the device and then you lose it, you are really up,a creek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12