Why I think no removable batter/MicroSD is a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
Samsung is listening. Just not to you. You want to know who they're listening to? Large enterprises, the ones buying iPhones for their employees, because they're more secure, and don't have things like removable storage. Yes, that's a reason. Security is big these days, people lock down USB ports on laptops for security. But Android doesn't let you lock down the MicroSD card, only encrypt it. But guess what? If the device doesn't have an SD slot, then the enterprise that is willing to buy a few thousand iPhones might be willing to buy a few thousand Galaxy S6 devices instead.

That's actually the best answer I've heard yet.

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
Whatever. There is no irritation on my part. I have mentioned diversity and tolerance on many occasions. Let's get on topics as this pointless back and forth is what is wearing thin.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device

I'm pretty sure we're still on topic about Samsung and their choice as to why they left these features out.
Sorry if it's wearing thin on your nerves.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure we're still on topic about Samsung and their choice as to why they left these features out.
Sorry if it's wearing thin on your nerves.

Nerves are fine. Thanks. Took a break to see Insurgent.

On last time...differing opinions are great. Regret or disappointment that key features in PAST devices is fine. The reality is that, like life, you have to accept reality and come to grips with a concept that these features may return but not for this device. FACT. Hoping that Samsung will stop production and sacrifice millions to satisfy a shrinking market segment is ludicrous. FACT. In life, there are always trade offs. In this case, for better or worse, two or three design features were excluded in the device refresh which was desperately needed. In return, change may bring about long sought after performance and utility. People are free to endlessly express their opinions but there comes a point when after almost three weeks after the debut and a couple of weeks before millions of devices are to be released, where enough is enough. This is only my opinion and right to express my counter point to them while being civil and polite and I will never prevent them from expressing said opinions. I have not nor will I ever try to force my views on anyone whose differ from mine. I hope this finally clears it up for you. I
I am DONE.

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
I think people have been complaining about TouchWiz for years.
But I guess that's okay.
Just not the lack of Swappable Batteries.
That gets old in 3 weeks.
You are free to not reply.
No one's forcing you.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
It is encouraging that the most recent review by AA has taken time and thoughtfully evaluated the changes to TouchWiz in the context of their past misgivings about the heaviness of earlier versions of TouchWiz. Hopefully, this trend continues and the introduction of themes in another step forward in which the UI is feather light with increased customization and utility through themes and other means.

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Well, obviously. :) I hesitate to dive back in, but ...
...15 hours of music-....when you get to a point where you have a serious collection, you won't want to always have to choose from the SAME 15 hours. Over time, that becomes tedious. How often do you listen to the same song in a short amount of time? Having more things: It's not that you play everything all the time, but that you have choices that fit your whims and are always seeming fresh. If you're constantly loading and unloading mps to avoid that "boredom" problem--that's a serious hassle. Much, much easier to just keep lots of choices with you and load it up. You walk down the street in Paris and see something that reminds you of an album you heard 15 years ago--it's there. What's wrong with having choices? Choices are a good thing, aren't they? Why in the world would having more choices be a problem rather than a benefit?

Your comment about "real life" and the gym made me laugh, though, and most motivated this post. One of the reasons I especially like all my music with me is that I travel a lot (as I indicated). In the last 24 months, I've been to London, Paris, Athens, Lisbon, Rome and other places. That's what I'd call real life. Going to the gym is merely daily tedium by comparison. :)

Cool story bro.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Samsung is listening. Just not to you. You want to know who they're listening to? Large enterprises, the ones buying iPhones for their employees, because they're more secure, and don't have things like removable storage. Yes, that's a reason. Security is big these days, people lock down USB ports on laptops for security. But Android doesn't let you lock down the MicroSD card, only encrypt it. But guess what? If the device doesn't have an SD slot, then the enterprise that is willing to buy a few thousand iPhones might be willing to buy a few thousand Galaxy S6 devices instead.

Actually this is the worst piece of misinformation I've seen.

In Dec of 13, we were made well aware y that not only is apple iPhones insecure, but that the NSA can in 100% of cases be hacked. And if the NSA can hack your iPhone, then so can criminals.

We hear it all the time how secure iphones are, but at least Android devices haven't been held for ransom and forced users to pay in bit coin to unlock them like with iphones.

Enterprise is not using Apple, or at least they are moving away from them (if they were too dumb to try them) because they see how unsecure they are. Most are still using blackberry, but many are shifting to Samsung due to Knox that started in 2013.

SD cards have nothing to do with this topic when we are talking about enterprise.

Posted via Android Central App

Status
Not open for further replies.