S6 vs Nexus 6

SC1

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
My contract is up, and now that the Nexus 6 is available subsidized, I'm down to the N6 or S6.

(Screen size of the S6 vs. N6 doesn't matter for me)
Pros for the S6:
Better matterials
Edge
Sharper Screen (higher PPI)
Finger Print Scanner

Pros for N6:
Pure Google expierence (fast updates, no bloat)

I would have decided on the S6 already, but I am not sure if I can deal with the slow updates and Touchwiz, since all my previous phone have been pure Google (N4, M7 GPE). I believe the AT&T S5 STILL doesn't have 5.0 which is pretty scary too me since I like having the newest version of Android. Does anyone expect anything else with the S6, or will the 6-7 months delay continue? And how is the new Touchwiz vs stock Android? Are you able to disable all the stock samsung apps (internet, messages, etc..) so you can use Google's?

Mika Kat

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Go with the nexus. Pure android and fast updates if that's what you want. If you can handle the bigger size of the nexus then go for it.

Posted via the Android Central App

ysbg

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
Maybe the S6 has better materials, but the N6 actually feels really nice. And frankly I'd be worried to break the back of the S6.

Regarding pixel density, I think Samsung is pushing limits beyond what is reasonable an necessary. Let see how battery takes it. The screen of the N6 is more than sharp enough. That said, there seems to be little debate over the fact that Samsung produces the best amoled screens on the market.

I'd also add a plus for the N6: front facing speakers.

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
i have the Nexus 6. I will probably try out the S6. The camera on the N6 is good, but I think the S6 could be the best camera in a phone when it comes out and seems to have slimmed down, better looking software.

tako9796

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
which takes better photos ? with front camera? I want phone to take good pictures and have battery working well! Please advice me!

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
which takes better photos ? with front camera? I want phone to take good pictures and have battery working well! Please advice me!

The S6 has a 5MP shooter for the front facing camera and from the presentation, it appears it'll do well in low light...probably better then the Nexus 6. Samsung cameras have always been great, so based on that alone I'd go with the S6.

I have a Nexus 6 and it's a damn good phone. My only gripe is that I'm finding it just a smidge too big for my uses. As a runner, I'd like to bring a smaller device that I can put in my armband and forget that its there. The Nexus 6 is just too cumbersome to run with.

I've strayed away from Samsung devices as of late because I've always considered Touchwiz to be rather terrible. However the S6 seems to hit all the right spots for me. Touchwiz doesn't look all that bad any more (plus there's theming included now), the phone itself looks gorgeous, it's a more compact form factor, camera looks to be a hit, excellent display, wireless charging, and improved fingerprint sensor seems great.

I'm sure to wait for reviews, but I'm certainly taking a hard look at giving up my Nexus 6. I gave the phablet craze a shot but I think it's just not for me, no matter how good stock Lollipop is.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I would run from "pure google" as fast, as far as possible if you care in any way or shape of your privacy.

bogdaryl

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Pretty much up to you and how fast you want the updates in software. I spoke with a AT&T rep via Twitter last night and he advised the rollout of the Lollipop update for the S5 has been released and as of last night is being slowly released to their customers. As of today though I still don't have my update.

livetoride4666

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Take a look at low light camera performance on the s6 it's amazing. I have owned the nexus and I would completely recommend the s6 even though it's not out yet.

Isaac Ohanna

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
The functionality of the phone is the number 1 we have to consider, when we are going to buy gadgets/phone. S6 and nexus has the same speed.

But,there's a big different on the camera, S6 has 20MP shutter while Nexus has only 13MP. So for me S6 is better than Nexus. I love taking photos, that's why I want a much high quality camera.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I am not bold enough to go naked Android and I end to think that the Nexus could be missing a better scree, more efficient processor, better camera, dual wireless charging standards, dual mobile payments, DDR4 RAM, UFS 2.0 storage, and more advanced LTE radio. IR blaster,to use your phone as a remote control as well as multi-tasking.